X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Super weapon and the Wraith

Sorry if the topic has come up before, I suspect it has. So, that said:

If memory serves, at the end of SG's S8, the Ancient Super weapon was specifically tuned to destroy all the Replicators in the entire galaxy. Obviously this weapon predated the Ancients move to the Pegasus galaxy. I don't remember if the purpose of the weapon, or it's intended target was ever mentioned, but why couldn't the Ancients create a similar weapon to destroy the Wraith. The Wraith physiology is sufficiently dissimilar to humans, something like the weapon should have worked without killing the wrong parties. Is there a theory dealing with the topic?

There is one - but search doesnt work at the moment

They cant make one because they dont interfere with lower plains of existence

Plus Humans and Wraith share some genetic material so it would be risky

Also we knew what settings we needed from O'Neills disruptor but we have no point of reference for the wraith if we tried to make one ourselves
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

It wouldn't have been to interfere, but to protect their own lives. The Wrath caused the Ancients to flee back to the MW after a war.

Comment

The weapon on Dakara disrupted the communications between the individual replicator blocks (read: ENERGY), causing the blocks to seperate. Ancients and humans are living beings made of cells; they're not held together by energy fields so it doesn't effect them. That's how it worked.

The WRAITH are living organisms. Like the human and the ancients, they are made up of CELLS. No disruptor weapon is going to cause the wraith to spontaneously break down/fall apart/combust/make cookies. Okie dokie?

Comment

No okey dokey yet. Anubis planned to use that weapon to destroy all the living things in the galaxy, didn't he? and we really wanted it destroyed didn't we?

Sabre

Comment

Yes.We [or Jaffa] destroyed it at the end...
            And that weapon even if the Ancients create it it would probably kill them too, because the Wraith are evolved Humans and Humans are from Ancients

I love both, Sam and Elizabeth. I'm just looking forward for the fourth season.
            IT'S GONNA BE HUGE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre
              No okey dokey yet. Anubis planned to use that weapon to destroy all the living things in the galaxy, didn't he? and we really wanted it destroyed didn't we?

Sabre
              Originally the weapon was just designed to break down matter. Essentially it would wipe the surface of a planet clean - animals, plants, trees, etc, to give everything a fresh start. They modified it to emit a specific frequency of energy that would disrupt communication between replicator components. There is no way they will be able to find a specific frequency of energy that only kills wraith because living organisms just don't work that way.

Okie dokie, quad erat demonstratum.

Comment

The weapon on Dakara disrupted the communications between the individual replicator blocks (read: ENERGY), causing the blocks to seperate. Ancients and humans are living beings made of cells; they're not held together by energy fields so it doesn't effect them

Originally posted by Catalase
                Originally the weapon was just designed to break down matter. Essentially it would wipe the surface of a planet clean - animals, plants, trees, etc, to give everything a fresh start.
                So, since animals, plants and trees are made of cells (at least here in Europe) your first explanation was not okey dokey

The second one it is though, anyway I have a question for you or anybody else, ORIGINALLY the device was a weapon or a tool to spread life? meaning, did the ancients actually design it as a weapon? I don't know, that's why I ask.

Sabre

Comment

Originally posted by Catalase
                  The weapon on Dakara disrupted the communications between the individual replicator blocks (read: ENERGY), causing the blocks to seperate. Ancients and humans are living beings made of cells; they're not held together by energy fields so it doesn't effect them. That's how it worked.

The WRAITH are living organisms. Like the human and the ancients, they are made up of CELLS. No disruptor weapon is going to cause the wraith to spontaneously break down/fall apart/combust/make cookies. Okie dokie?
                  Not without killing us as well.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

to impratical beside it seem that the anchants don't even like to fight let alone genicide.
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre
                      The second one it is though, anyway I have a question for you or anybody else, ORIGINALLY the device was a weapon or a tool to spread life? meaning, did the ancients actually design it as a weapon? I don't know, that's why I ask.
                      Well, they used it to recreate life after the plague...now what this implies to me (though it may not be correct) is that after the plague everything was wiped out and all the planets were either devoid of life, or completely ruined by the plague. So the device was used to wipe the planets clean so that life could begin all over again with a fresh start. That's my take.

Comment

Working...
                      X