Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld On Your PSP!

PSP Users!

To celebrate yesterday's release of the PSP 2.00 firmware upgrade -- which includes the PSP's first official Web browser -- we've just launched a PSP landing page at GateWorld.net!

After installing the 2.00 upgrade, just point your new Web browser to:

www.gateworld.net/psp

We recommend viewing the site in 'Normal' display mode (View > Display Mode > Normal), though once you are past the custom PSP home page you might switch views to see how it affects the look of the site.

The PSP home page is a stripped-down version of the standard home page, with the latest news (and, soon, features). This is currently a landing page only -- once you click on something, you'll be on the normal (wide-formatted) GateWorld site.

Bookmark it today! We'll continue to tweak the page in the days and weeks ahead. Let us know if you've tried it, and if you have any suggestions or requests for it.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Darren it sounds cool but I haven't gotten the PSP yet. The releasedate in Europe is 1 september that is next week !. To make sure I'll have mine I have reserved a PSP at 2 places and I am going to the store when it opens in the morning. When I have my PSP do I'll have PSP 1.0??Or what about that?Then I just have to update it like say a vbulletin board First you got version 3.0.7 and now you have done an update to 3.0.8 or has the PSP in Europe gotten the 2.0 version installed if it is released next week ! I can't wait for it to try it out. Are there any seasons of stargate out at UMD disc for PSP?
    Lord Zedd

Comment

hehe look at the thing....wonder what it looks like on wap!
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Sounds cool
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

well it is going to be very cool surfing to gateworld using a PSP. By the way Darren I allready know the answer about the 2.0 version. The 2.0 is allready installed in the PSP for Europe. But another question: if we use a tiny keyboard with tiny letters will we be able to post on the forum too? Can you use the web browser for PSP like you use Internet Explorer (witch has become officially known as crap ! ) of Modzilla Firefox (way better than IE).
          Lord Zedd

Comment

I dont think it would work for the forum as the psp site has been specifically designed to fit on a psp screen
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              Sounds cool
              I second that comment. I may buy a PSP soon so this could be handy.

Comment

perhaps I recently know that some hacker has found a way to run Windows 95 on a PSP but it took 10 minutes to start Of course you can always use Linux instead but that is possible everywhere. I wonder when they will succeed in running windows xp on a PSP Imagine that Well PSP is a game-console and not a handheld
                Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  I dont think it would work for the forum as the psp site has been specifically designed to fit on a psp screen
                  you know what lets buy a vBulletin board ourselfs and call it gateworld mini ! we design it that it fits for a PSP then we can become a part of the gateworld network and such
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

You can browse, login, and post on the forum from the PSP browser, but without an external keyboard (and I don't know of any keyboard accessories for the PSP yet) it takes forever to enter text.

The PSP screen is 480 pixels wide; the forum is around 800. So you can either set the PSP browser to shrink it to fit, or you can browse it at normal size and navigate left and right as well as up and down.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Whoooooo, now all i have to do is buy a PSP

Comment

Pretty nifty and handy for those who have PSP but I just don't get the whole PSP thing.

If given a choice (and I was given this choice) between a PSP and a Creative Zen player for my music and videos and stuff, I would and did choose the Creative Zen player.

I don't care that I can't play games, or surf the net with it, but it's cheaper in the long run of getting movies and that on there. You gotta keep on buying stuff for the PSPs...

Now, I've gone off-topic... I'll shut up now

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Cool!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                            You can browse, login, and post on the forum from the PSP browser, but without an external keyboard (and I don't know of any keyboard accessories for the PSP yet) it takes forever to enter text.

The PSP screen is 480 pixels wide; the forum is around 800. So you can either set the PSP browser to shrink it to fit, or you can browse it at normal size and navigate left and right as well as up and down.
                            Whoa cool Darren thanks for the info.

And about the keyboard, I dont have a PSP so I dont know, but doesn't the PSP have a USB port? If so I think you could pulg a keyboard into there. And If I remember correctly they used to make lightweight tiny fold-up keyboards that you can plug in to things, so hopefully that solves your typeing problems.
                            sigpic
                            Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

That's freakin awesome!!! I want some GW skins too. Someone make 'em! Anyway, I have the beautiful, sexy little PSP ..but I don't have a USB cord yet. BUT, soon as I get one (and a router so I can get wireless) it's GW from the couch baby!!!!!
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                              X