Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McKay Needs A Vacation(Spoilers Season 1&2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKay Needs A Vacation(Spoilers Season 1&2)

Why does he need a vacation?

(Spoiler warning for all of Season 1 & 2)

--
    Rising 1 & 2 -- They arrive and he instantly has a problem, the place is going to be destroyed! He needs to figure out a way to save the day and can't.

Hide And Seek -- McKay puts a piece of tech on him and he can't get it off, and also has to wade through a sea of alien oddness to save the day.

38 Minutes -- McKay needs to find a way to make it so the puddle jumper can go through the gate!

Home -- McKay gets mind boggled by a mist entity.

The Storm -- McKay and crew need to figure out a way to save the day! AGAIN!

The Eye -- McKay gets his life threatened non-stop(It seems).

The Defiant One -- McKay watches a friend go nearly to death's door and then kill himself. Not exactly a morale booster.

Hot Zone -- McKay gets infected with some viral thingymajigger.

Before I Sleep -- McKay dies. No. Really. He does!

The Brotherhood -- Some nice looking woman uses McKay even as the Genii futz with him.

The Siege Part 1-3 -- Lots of stress for McKay. Lots.

--------
    Season 2!
    --------

The Intruder -- The vehicle of doom gets infected with a 'puter virus. Why do I think McKay had to work on it?

Runner -- McKay gets basically taken as a hostage by Ford, shot at and hung upside down by his foot.

Duet -- McKay gets another brain put in him.

Condemned -- Did McKay have anything blarghy happen to him? I missed this one(And Intruder).

Trinity -- People die, McKay blows up a solar system(5/6th to be exact).
    ---------------------------------------------

It seems like half of the episodes either include McKay suffering or McKay saving the day.

Poor guy. He does seem to get the brunt of the mental and physical whumping, doesn't he? Plus he's had to watch so many of his colleagues and friends die...

BUT, if he did get a vacation it would most likely be forced upon him by either Weir or Heightmeyer. I can't see the man willingly leaving his research. And I bet he'd sneak a laptop or some papers or a communication device to talk science with Zelenka. He's like a lot of scientists I know; all science all the time.

Comment

lol, if he ever did go on a vacation it'd probably be in a strait jacket being sent home to Earth via the Daedalus. Lol, i can just picture him wokring out how to charge ZedPms while in a nice sponge room with hourly inhjctions being put into him to try to make him shut up!

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I must have missed something but when did Sheppard trust Mckay.

Comment

I think they all need a vacation, problem is that they are all essential to the running of Atlantis and its fat chance they will get a chance for a vacation.
          Last edited by StarbuckSG; 25 August 2005, 01:12 AM.

Comment

He would still stress himself out!!
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by John Preston
              Why does he need a vacation?

It seems like half of the episodes either include McKay suffering or McKay saving the day.
              Well, he's the Answer Man, and he has to learn to pull back as well. He also needs daily sessions with Heightmeyer after all he's been through! Yeah, poor guy.

Comment

Rodney not only needs a vacation, but he needs an attitude adjustment!. Although after watching Trinity he might have gotten his wake up call. He sure did seem humbled after losing a member of his team and almost getting himself and alot of other people killed. Maybe he will not act so arrogant now.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I thought he already had daily sessions with her
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Just give the man a super hard equation to work on, that'll be his ideal vacation

sigpic
                    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandar
                      I must have missed something but when did Sheppard trust Mckay.
                      (Spoiler?)

Believe it was in Trinity when he trusted McKay could (and failed to) perfect ancient energy technology nearly destroying them all.

At the end McKay is pleading for Sheppard to trust him again.
                      _ _ _

Where would McKay take a vacation that would’nt drive all the others there to book early flights home?
                      Last edited by nox2hed; 25 August 2005, 06:19 AM.
                      Help! I'm standing up and I can't fall down!

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." (PB)

Comment

I don't think McKay knows how to relax enough to take a vacation. He would probably have to be heavily medicated just to make him sit still and that brain of his would still keep going and going and going... kinda like the Pegasus Galaxy version of the Energizer bunny.

I think a steady girlfriend would be better for him. She'd help keep him in line (as much as possible, this is Rodney we're talking about!!) and he would be... less stressed...

Comment

Working...
                        X