• Show
Clear All

Home Front (119)

HOME FRONT

Episode: 1.19
    Original Air Date: May 5, 2005
    Story by Alex Rubit & Amy Hill
    Teleplay by Alex Rubit

Following a tragic incident on Earth, Grant and Sivea are required at the ISGC Headquarters, located in Houston, Texas, to help with an important matter. Very soon they'll come to learn that Earth is facing a dangerous threat, which could lead not only to the end of the Horizon mission, but to the end of the entire Stargate Program.

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage to download this episode, then stop back here for discussion.
    Outstanding
    38.46%
    Good
    38.46%
    Fair
    23.08%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

This was a really sweet episode that really took SGH down a new road. It was great to back on Terra Firma again after all those months in space. I loved how this episode explored Earth's mixed feelings towards the ISGC's existence. It was a really well written episode that also treats us to to SG-1 characters. It was also, slightly, SG-1-ish in nature in the way that it reminded me of the episodes that involved the NID (this in no way suggests that this is an unoriginal episode. In fact quite the contrary is true) It also sets in motion some events that will become of major importance in the near future and definitely in season 2. Great job guys on this brilliant episode.
    Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
    ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
    <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Will we see Senator Connelly again?
      STARGATE ICARUS
      Premiering April 20, 2006
      Website coming soon. Forum:www.colonelmoore.proboards2.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col. Moore (Icarus)
        Will we see Senator Connelly again?
        There's a pretty big chance he'll show up at some point this season. He's very busy with running for president, and it's possible that pretty soon we'll see whether or not he'll win once the election takes place.

Comment

Senator Connely seemed liked a nice guy, he's going to be like President Henry Hayes right?
          STARGATE ICARUS
          Premiering April 20, 2006
          Website coming soon. Forum:www.colonelmoore.proboards2.com

Comment

A great episode! Reminds me a lot of the SG-1 episode "Politics". Love the appearence of Carter!

timdalton007

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007
              A great episode! Reminds me a lot of the SG-1 episode "Politics". Love the appearence of Carter!

timdalton007
              I didnt really think that.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col. Moore (Icarus)
                Senator Connely seemed liked a nice guy, he's going to be like President Henry Hayes right?
                We'll have to wait and see how those elections turn out.

Comment

I'm probably going to read this again, really cool episode.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I also enjoyed this episode, a nice return to Earth. A little added touch that I laughed a bit at was the sign that said "Beyond the Horizon lies Death!" A nice little play on words with the shows "slogan," for lack of a better word.

Davis and Carter's appearances went well, I think. A nice break between the Enoly arc and the Ultera arc.
                    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                    Stargate Destiny, Fan
                    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Not bad, I thought it was okay. Was good to see SG-1 characters thrown in. It's also good to have a new secret club (a la NID,Trust) on the show.
                      Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

Review

"Home Front" has another great teaser, the Horizon Project in danger of being shut down and earth under attack. SGH is getting pretty consistent at creating good hooks to get you into the story.

A mission to Earth! I've been hoping for a mission back home every time it's been mentioned in previous episodes. Its nice to see how the Stargate becoming public has been received. I’m glad things aren't perfect, protests and fear are exactly the kind of thing that would happen.

Guest appearances from Carter and Davis were nice surprises, good to see some familiar faces that aren't bad guys popping up.

I felt sorry for Candice, damn she got a real bad deal hooking up with Mark.

I'm wondering of the Kih'Andari are really following the ways of the Ancients (in a distorted way) or the ways of the Sentinels.

The characterization of Grant and Sivea was great, Grant pushing Sivea into using her powers showed that he's willing to do whatever it takes to protect Earth. Sivea sure does have some big powers, can she stay in control of them forever?

The Phoenix Coalition I'm hoping won't turn out to simply be another NID or Trust, though it does make sense that there would still be humans around trying to take advantage of the Stargate.

Connelly was interesting too, not sure what to make of him, he could be either a good friend or bad enemy for the ISGC.

A very different episode from the Enoly trilogy, which is a good thing. Sivea is becoming on of the series' most intriguing characters. I'm looking forward to seeing how she develops.
                        I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents
                          Since this was such a great episode, I'll start with the negativies. I think Grant and Sivea should have checked back with Horizon every so often. I'm not asking for much. Just a little to see how repairs are going. Now thats done lets get to the good. The Trust has evolved and there name is The Phoneix Coliation. I just love how you got the Vorians and now humans who are against the Stargate program. Maybe, we should never had gone public. Senator Cronelly reminds me of Kinsey. Against the Stargate and running for president. No compliants, just noticing the similarties. I didn't know that Sivea's telepathy was so corruptive. What a surprise, when I noticed that Sivea can almost control a persons mind. Finally, I loved the tension between Cronelly and Grant. Its resmenst of the relationship between of Kinsey and O'Neill of SG-1.

When Chase was complaining about Grant and didn't even notice that Grant was there. Not a quote but still humerous
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I think Grant and Sivea should have checked back with Horizon every so often. I'm not asking for much. Just a little to see how repairs are going.
                            Since there's certain time limitations for episodes, you often times just have to stick to scenes that move the plot along. But I agree. I'd imagine, though, that they might have checked back with Horizon off screen.

I didn't know that Sivea's telepathy was so corruptive.
                            That's just because of what happened in "Equilibrium." Basically part of Me'vel's dark nature has become a part of her, which is what caused her to lose control briefly at that point.

What a surprise, when I noticed that Sivea can almost control a persons mind.
                            Oh, yeah. She can do all sorts of things... if she wants to. Sivea's abilities are way beyond what most Vorians could do.

Comment

Working...
                            X