Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Purgatory's Shadow (Part Two of Three) (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Purgatory's Shadow (Part Two of Three) (117)

IN PURGATORY'S SHADOW

Episode: 1.17
    Written by Joe Hodkiss
    Original Air Date: April 21, 2005

While the Valiant returns to Horizon, and the team prepares the station for the upcoming Enoly attack, Sivea, Chase and Kardos face some of their darkest hours, as they realize for what reason they've been captured.

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage to download this episode, then stop back here for discussion.
    Outstanding
    76.92%
    Good
    15.38%
    Fair
    7.69%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

I quite enjoyed this episode, some amazing space fight scenes and its interesting to see how the episode turned darker compared to the previous episode. Although I do feel the thing with Chases watch is like adding random letters in sentances into essays to increae the word count as it doesn't really have a purpose.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I agree with the watch thing. It was humorous at first, but later it was being mentioned so much that I expected it to have some significance in the story. Oh well, minor minor nitpick, all in all a great episode, up there at the top of Season One.
      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
      Stargate Destiny, Fan
      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

This is an intense episode (but not the most intense one of the season ) that served as a great "bridge" in this excellent 3 part arc. It had some great moments in it and some really unexpected surprises. This really reminded me of how much I love this show's originality and vivid battle scenes. Simply awesome.

PS I think the whole watch thing was really good simply because it reveals a little bit more of Chase's personality .
        Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
        ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
        <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

What ever happed to the Making Of for this episode?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
            What ever happed to the Making Of for this episode?
            Hmm. There never was a Making Of for this episode, unfortunately. Just a podcast.

But with regard to Making Of's in general, once this 24 episode non-stop creative marathon that's been taking up a lot of my time is over (translate: once Season Two wraps), I'll hopefully get around to catching up with some Making Of features again.

Comment

No, when you announced the one for Collision, Joe said he wanted to do one for this.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                No, when you announced the one for Collision, Joe said he wanted to do one for this.
                Oh yeah, I remember that.

Of course that's a question for Joe. Since he's not around here a lot, I'll make sure to mention it to him.

Comment

Not sure about this one, but I've almost finished one for "Catch 22" that can be released the day of/after next Thursday when the episode is released. I promised a Making Of or two multiple times, and I'm glad to finally be getting one done.
                  Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                  Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                  Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                  Stargate Destiny, Fan
                  Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Wow. My new favourite episode.

Fantastic action scenes.

Seemed longer than the rest of the episodes, for some reason.

Comment

Haven't had time last couple of months to read episodes, but had some time and started again, and wow I don't know why I waited so long. Loved this episode can't wait to see how this all is going to play out.
                      Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

Review

Invasion immenant! Sivea, Chase and the Tok'Ra dude captured! It's all awesomely exciting.

Lenori coming up with another technical solution wasn't something I liked, I'm not a fan of the Doctor having so much extra knowledge in fields other than medicine, it feels like he's a physicist rather than a medical doctor (I know, its been established he was into physics before medicine). Having such a widely capable character makes it difficult to generate suspense when one character seems to know the answer to everything. The same could be said of McKay and Carter to an extent, but I think Lenori takes it a little too far.

The Enoly being in it for themselves is great, the Horizon team are going to be sooo confused as to who they should be fighting and who they should be allying with. So many bad guys all working with each other and against each other. It's to the writer's credit (not jsut this ep but the season in general) that it hasn't become a confused mess and that each species remains distinct.

The Sentinels/Ascendant/Shadows remain intriguing, since they live outside space and time then their villianous manipulation is rather interesting, what is their goal? Why do they need to manipulate events in the way that they are? Why now? And How to the Nebulans fit into it all? Are they good? Bad? Something else?

Great googly! The station's been captured and Lenori's plan failed!

Not only that but Sivok and the Sentinels of all people are coming to the rescue. Some truely great twists in this episode.

Chase's watch obsession amused me, it felt random, and really dumb, which for some reason appealed to me. It was a bit of light relief from all the big drama.

As with the previous episode another fantastic cliffhanger. Awesome.
                        I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

My thought on In Purgatory's ShadowAt the end The Enloy, I had very high expectations for In Pugatory's Shadow.?* Thoose expectations were met and exceeded. Whoever wrote this episode deserves a raise. The tourting of Sivea and Kardos reminded of classic SG-1.No matter how hard The Enloy totured them, they wouldn't surrender. I loved Chase being his usual annoying self. He sounds kind of like O'Neil. Deffending Horizon from a massive Enloy seemed very similiar to the DS9 season 5 finale. But to be fair, if my station was about to be attacked I would trash the station for the enemy. I was said that they couldn't blow up the supergate but it would have been boring if all The Enloy died.?* I definatly wasn't expecting the Horizon team to team up with?* the Ascenadant Empire. Here's hoping Part III is as good as Part II
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                          X