PDA

View Full Version : Gambit (111)

Alex Rubit
August 24th, 2005, 09:47 PM
GAMBIT

Episode: 1.11
Original Air Date: Februrary 3, 2005
Written by Alex Rubit

The Horizon team make contact with an advanced species from the Triangulum Galaxy; the Telurans. But things are not as they seem, as the Draque apparently attempt to sabotage the naquadah reactor on Horizon.

Very soon the team realize there is a far greater threat out there...

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage (http://www.stargatehorizon.com) to download the episode, then stop back here for disussion.

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2005, 03:55 AM
I really do enjoy this, the Telurans are a very cool advanced race, not as arogant as the other advance races, seems like they'll be useful like the Asgard.
The Nebulans seem more mysterious and we know they do indeed become useful again later on. Some nice development for Grant aswell.

Aris Boch
August 29th, 2005, 04:51 AM
I really enjoyed Gambit. Some interesting revelations involving the Draque.

greytop
September 12th, 2005, 07:54 PM
I really do enjoy this, the Telurans are a very cool advanced race, not as arogant as the other advance races, seems like they'll be useful like the Asgard.I agree with this of Telurans. A good episode but kind of weird, in a good sense of a way.

StevetheWraith!
September 23rd, 2005, 04:55 PM
This was an excellent nail biting episode that introduced a really advanced race to the SGH universe. A really cool mystery based episode. Great stuff :)

McKay_help_us
January 13th, 2006, 12:29 PM
This was probably one of the best eps. so far IMO. The Nebulans and ascendant conflict and how we and the vorians fit into it. And how the Draque just let SGH go, wierd. Can't wait to read more!!

SierraGulf1
January 13th, 2006, 12:42 PM
And "The Enoly" draws ever closer. :)

Elite Anubis Guard
January 13th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Ye, I like this one. It's a really cool episode.

Alex Rubit
January 16th, 2006, 08:53 PM
This was probably one of the best eps. so far IMO. The Nebulans and ascendant conflict and how we and the vorians fit into it. And how the Draque just let SGH go, wierd. Can't wait to read more!!

Thanks. I'm glad you've been enjoying the series so far.

I don't want to give anything away, but I'll say the Nebulan will become quite an interesting part of the series as a whole. But, more on that later. ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
January 17th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Specifically in Judgement Day

Elite Anubis Guard
June 14th, 2006, 10:16 AM
I know I usually say you got your wind at Enoly, but this was one of those episodes early on where you got it right. I loved the story and the way it creates the threads for later stories. Those pesky Nebulans, are they allies or not?

cheese
August 31st, 2006, 10:04 AM
Review

I feel "Gambit" is a bit of a mixed bag. I can't decide if I liked it or not.

From an arc point of view its interesting. Yet Another mystery species has arrived in the form of the Nebulons Good/Bad? somewhere in between. I really don't have a clue, the Horizon team were left confused and so was I! The Draque also behaved very strangely. Generally an episode full of odd behavour.

I think my dislike might be coming from the fact that as a part of the arc its good, but as an individual episode it wasn't great

The Tok'ra anti-detection isotope felt a bit wrong somehow, I'm not sure why, it might be something do with it seeming like the Lenori has had the perfect device for solving the problem a number of times.

I was suspicious of Fuller from the beginning, though I was thinking he was some kind of Ascendant operative, so it was a good surprise that he turned out Nebulon.

The series is really building up quite a vast mythology, with a lot of cool set up. As I'm getting into the second half of the season I hope some of the set up starts to pay off before even more set up is added.

Didn't love it, didn't hate it.

Annubis' hitman
November 10th, 2006, 03:10 PM
I thought it was execelent.

I loved that we got to see more of the draque and the ascendent empire. I like Sivok as a reacurring character that gives the bad guys a face.

I also liked the whole Nebulan thing. Good or Bad? We dont know that was kool.

I liked the Telurans too.

I really thought that is was a good episode and helped the story arc alot.