PDA

View Full Version : Awakening, Parts One and Two (101 & 102)

Alex Rubit
August 24th, 2005, 07:44 PM
AWAKENING, PARTS ONE AND TWO

Ep: 1.01 & 1.02
Written by Alex Rubit
Original Air Date: November 4th, 2004

As a mysterious species known as the Draque shows up on Earth and attacks a research facility, Colonel John Grant, along with a newly formed team is sent on a mission to find the Draque, learn what their intentions are and hopefully prevent future misunderstandings with them.

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage (http://www.stargatehorizon.com) to download the episode, then stop back here for discussion.

illuminarok
August 24th, 2005, 11:40 PM
I have to say, you guys really know Keifer Southerland and Ben Browder. Their parts are written amazingly well and true to their styles. Brilliant.

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Grr gotta post all my comments over again. I liked this episode, Chase is really funny but as like the first time I read it there are noticable Enterprise similarities but that doesnt matter anymore due to the great writing of the series. Chase is a great character and its a brilliant episode and as always when reading it...I find thor thinking: "oh god, not again" -to getting kidnapped.

Why dont you post a direct link to the episode aswell? be that little extra helpful ;) also you can drop by the horizon forum aswell and post....we dont mind do we alex... :p

Terminus
August 25th, 2005, 02:26 AM
It's a good episode -

But the Enterprise parallels are really OTT a lot of the time - it almost felt as if I was reading a copy of the Broken Bow script with new names stuck in. And this is why I gave up on the series - the first time around.

The second time around - the glaring similarities are still obvious but I made it through the script.

My only other problem is - it's pretty confusing about what is going on with the gates and why they go to that area of space to begin with.

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Well as the season has developed the similarites are far and few between, the odd ones but the Gates arent that confusing.

Terminus
August 25th, 2005, 02:51 AM
For me they were - for the life of me I still don't really understand why they head to that area of space.

As far as I understand it -

A stargate existed on the Vorian homeworld - they found it but they moved it to the Horizon station.

And the Horizon station just happened to be where a spacegate existed - and the spacegate and the Vorian stargate are linked up to a secondary network of gates that exist both in our own galaxy and Triangulum.

But this doesn't seem to be quite right - if it is, then it's me being confused.

More of my problem stems from how they find the station - and surely the Vorians would have known about the Draque if they had been on the station and the Draque had been using the spacegate.

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2005, 02:59 AM
No they discovered the co-ordinates to a Gate on the Vorian homeworld in the Ancient Outpost so they thought it was important, headed off, got side tracked by the discovery of Horizon. The spacegate and the normal gates are the only ones in our galaxy that link to the Triangulum.

Terminus
August 25th, 2005, 03:12 AM
So they found the co-ordinates of the Vorian homeworld somewhere on Earth and they head there - they get sidetracked and find Horizon which now has the Vorian gate on it.

Is that right ? I know there was something about the moving of a gate.

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Yes they moved the gates to Horizon because it was a science station. Been a while since you read it?

Phil
August 25th, 2005, 05:07 AM
I didn't read it yet.Is it interesting?
Probably it is similiar to Atlantis...;)

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Read it and find out.

Alex Rubit
August 25th, 2005, 10:51 AM
So they found the co-ordinates of the Vorian homeworld somewhere on Earth and they head there - they get sidetracked and find Horizon which now has the Vorian gate on it.

Is that right ? I know there was something about the moving of a gate.

They discovered the coordinates inside the Ancient outpost, and these coordinates lead into Vorian space. They were found along with writings, describing how to find this Ancient artifact: The Circle of the Ancients.

The Vorians moved the Stargates away from their homeworld for saftey reasons, after they had found a way to compensate for changing the gates' possitions in space. Because of the religious beliefs a lot of Vorians have regarding the Ancients, there was a lot of debate about them using Ancient technology. Eventually the Vorian Stargate Program ended up being cancelled shortly after it had began, and the Horizon station was about to be taken down. That when the pilot kicks in.

So this is the whole backstory, which is told over the course of the pilot.

Alex Rubit
August 25th, 2005, 10:58 AM
I have to say, you guys really know Keifer Southerland and Ben Browder. Their parts are written amazingly well and true to their styles. Brilliant.

Thanks. Being a huge fan of 24 I'm of course very familiar with Kiefer. ;)

I should probably mention that technically Ben Browder was "cast" on Horizon before he was cast on SG-1. By the time Horizon premiered, we of course did not know Ben was going to on SG-1 as well. So, it's kind of a strange coincidence if you think about it.

Alex Rubit
August 25th, 2005, 11:12 AM
It's a good episode -

But the Enterprise parallels are really OTT a lot of the time - it almost felt as if I was reading a copy of the Broken Bow script with new names stuck in. And this is why I gave up on the series - the first time around.

The second time around - the glaring similarities are still obvious but I made it through the script.

My only other problem is - it's pretty confusing about what is going on with the gates and why they go to that area of space to begin with.

You'll find that really after the pilot the show started to develop its own style and it's own direction. I guess you can find similarities with the Enterprise pilot to some degree, but the rest of Season One is very, very different from anything else actually.

It's a funny story how this all came together actually. Suffice it to say that when I first started working on this series, I never considered that it would be published, let alone in the extent in which it's been released now. It was more like something I was just playing around with in my free time. It wasn't before summer of 2004 that I finally had aquired internet access, and I discovered that there's such a thing as virtual series. Then I thought: hm, this could work.

From that point on the first S1 concepts were developed, I started getting a staff together, and working toward launching the series. That part all happened in a very short amount of time, which is why we were still finding our ways early on.

I'm very happy with how these ways turned out, and how the characters and storylines evolved. I hope you'll check it out, and I hope you'll enjoy it.

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Yes it really did turn the other way round, as Alex might remember I was very critical of the Enterprise similarities to start with, but having seen how different its got...

andrelage
August 25th, 2005, 02:55 PM
there are some similarities to atlantis for example when one of the cast suggests a name for the huge stargate it seemed similar to when Lt Ford was refering to the puddlejumper as gateship 1 but other than that i found it really original

Erik Pasternak
August 25th, 2005, 04:15 PM
there are some similarities to atlantis for example when one of the cast suggests a name for the huge stargate it seemed similar to when Lt Ford was refering to the puddlejumper as gateship 1 but other than that i found it really original
I guess the difference is that spacegate stuck. ;)

greytop
August 25th, 2005, 07:28 PM
The plot was good but I am not use to reading in this format unless I had seen the show or pictures of where the plot takes place.

The part of Chase seemed to me that 'Trip', the engineer from Enterprise, could be him. I imagine him in the part instead of Ben Browder, although he could play the part.

I will be downloading the next episode and reading it, later.

Erik Pasternak
August 25th, 2005, 07:33 PM
The plot was good but I am not use to reading in this format unless I had seen the show or pictures of where the plot takes place.

The part of Chase seemed to me that 'Trip', the engineer from Enterprise, could be him. I imagine him in the part instead of Ben Browder, although he could play the part.

I will be downloading the next episode and reading it, later.
Yeah, I guess they are similar. Glad you enjoyed the episode!

SierraGulf1
August 25th, 2005, 08:02 PM
I've been reading the series over the past few weeks, and it's a damn good series that has a similar feel to it as the other two Stargate series. I know it's a long read, especially Awakening, but I'd suggest doing it, you get used to the script format.

I plan to post an evaluation for each episode like I've been doing with SGA-2 and SG1-9 soon, starting here, but I think I'll head up to bed now.

Alex, I've sent you an email regarding a post on the Horizon site. :)

Until tomorrow, then.

Joe Hodkiss
August 25th, 2005, 08:42 PM
I've been reading the series over the past few weeks, and it's a damn good series that has a similar feel to it as the other two Stargate series. I know it's a long read, especially Awakening, but I'd suggest doing it, you get used to the script format.

I plan to post an evaluation for each episode like I've been doing with SGA-2 and SG1-9 soon, starting here, but I think I'll head up to bed now.

Sounds good, I certainly look forward to reading your reviews.

But on the same sentiment as SierraGulf1, if any readers have looked over 'Awakening' and have thought, "Wow, this is a long episode." It is suggested you read it, as it's the introduction to the series, and a lot of what's introduced in the pilot is still holding a lot of relevance in the stories were currently working on for Season Two.

It is a double episode, so if you do think it's too long, read through it and if your eyes start to tire or your attention begins to wonder then have rest for a few minutes and carry on when you're head is in the right place again.

Just out of interest, when I first read 'Awakening', I think it took somewhere between a hour and a half, and two hours to read the whole episode. Which funnily enough is more or less the length it would've being if it were on TV. :)

Elite Anubis Guard
August 26th, 2005, 12:40 AM
I read it in bits actually due to the long length.

SierraGulf1
August 26th, 2005, 04:49 AM
Well, when I read them I read Awakening and Starship Lost in their entirety without breaks, which took about two and a half to three hours. Anyway, as promised (I'm attempting to write this as if I haven't seen the episodes that follow):

SierraGulf1's Opinions on 1.01-1.02 Awakening
Well, as a series opener, it was pretty basic stuff. Every series needs to establish its characters and settings, and this one did so well, especially considering the fact that we can't actually hear the characters speak. As I read it I developed characters I did like and characters I didn't like.

Grant seems like a strong, willful leader, while at the same time eager to explore and learn more about the galaxy that the Horizon gates are connected to. I can imagine that the other members of his team get quite a morale boost every time they hear him speak.

Christine is also a likeable character, although during her times of fear or hesitation I couldn't help but wanting to yell "Get over it and go through the gate!" I'm hoping that she will eventually get used to the everyday happenings on the Horizon and stop being so jumpy. However, she does seem like an intelligent woman who knows what she is doing, and I found her courage in staying on the Horizon at the end despite her fears. But, could somebody give this woman more than a zat to defend herself with? :D

Lenori is one of my favorites. I like his somewhat quirky personality and interest in learning more about the humans and Vorians. So I suppose he's sort of an alien-Beckett? Here's to hoping for more episodes including him heavily in the future.

Chase, at times, seemed a little over the top with his enthusiasm, and at times came across as a bit dumb. However, I know this isn't true, seeing as he worked on some components of the Valiant. He's a very likeable, Ben Browderish character, but for some reason (maybe it's because it's only a script I'm reading and can't hear the words spoken), his gung-ho personality paired with his speech kind of turned me off. I'm sure that there are some Chase specific episodes in the future that serve the character well.

Sivea, though her introduction seemed fast, seems like an honorable warrior and a valued team member. It is my hope that she doesn't turn into Teyla, the underdeveloped warrior woman who isn't in each episode much. It would be too early to determine now, but I have faith that the writers will make her role a vital one in the future of Horizon. For now, I like her.

I didn't really grow attached to Tom too much, he just kind of seemed there. I understand that it can, at times, be hard to include all characters equally and I'm sure that he'll have his own Tom-heavy episodes in the future. He has great potential.

Finally, David. David seemed to be closer to Tom and know him better than the others. I'm hoping that in the future their friendship can be developed upon as we learn more about the characters.

I'm sure Starship Lost and Explorers will give more exposition on the characters so that I can have my favorites and least favorites. As of now, I like where it's going.

The Draque, at first glance, can seem like a stereotypical sci-fi villian, as well as their superiors, the Ascendant. At times they are, but this can be changed by giving at least some of the Draque independant personalities. We only really met one Draque in this episode, and I liked him so far. I look forward to finding out more information about them and the Ascendant.

Funny, just recently a big honkin' Stargate was introduced on SG-1, and like Ben Browder, you guys had it first. :D I like that concept, but if a ship were ever to find its way through, it could probably make short work of the horizon. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen.

All in all, a strong pilot episode. It is too early to form opinions yet, but so far I like what I see.
---------------------------------
And there we go. I'll get around to writing something on Starship Lost, Ex Deus Machina, and Instinct tonight.

Elite Anubis Guard
August 26th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Sivea, though her introduction seemed fast, seems like an honorable warrior and a valued team member. It is my hope that she doesn't turn into Teyla, the underdeveloped warrior woman who isn't in each episode much. It would be too early to determine now, but I have faith that the writers will make her role a vital one in the future of Horizon. For now, I like her.
She does get quite some development, theres Gambit, Beata Memoria, Equilibrium and Homefront are great episodes for Sivea.

Finally, David. David seemed to be closer to Tom and know him better than the others. I'm hoping that in the future their friendship can be developed upon as we learn more about the characters.
Well Unseen and Collision are get episodes for those 2, Collision really got me caring about David and they really do connect later in the season.

The Draque, at first glance, can seem like a stereotypical sci-fi villian, as well as their superiors, the Ascendant. At times they are, but this can be changed by giving at least some of the Draque independant personalities. We only really met one Draque in this episode, and I liked him so far. I look forward to finding out more information about them and the Ascendant.

Well Sivok gets some interesting development and twists later on towards the end of the season and we also get introduced to a really cool new enemy and fr that check out "Enoly" and beyond.

Alex Rubit
August 27th, 2005, 11:42 AM
I'm glad you've liked what you've read so far, SierraGulf1. It's very interesting to read such a detailed analasys. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll think of the rest of the season, and Season Two once it starts. ;)

Sobek
September 7th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Review of
Stargate Horizon: Awakening part 1-2.
“You have to look deep to discover what’s beyond the horizon!”

The introduction immediately catches the eye of a true Gater, as we’re told we’re at the Antarctica site. It’s been a part of the Stargate universe for some time, and is therefore also an ideal place to kick off a new series. The very first sentence in this is also crucial, as it informs the reader that something big will happen. “It looks like we’ve got it!” in a Sci-Fi script would very rarely refer to, someone finally smashing an ugly bug – wait… Deja-vu…

Of course this big discovery is connected with the Ancients, and us Earthlings just have to stick our noses in everything. The thing is the nosing around proves, to kick off a chain reaction of events, that will hopefully intrigue the reader. This time we face a new, although not so notorious enemy: Draque and their superiors, the Ascendants.
The first impression we might get of this enemy is, that it’s a force to reckon with, simply because of the connection with the Ancients. Another possible impression is the one I slightly got, which was “played out”, as a googling on the name would probably result in hundreds of links. The description of the creatures, because that’s what they are, also shows to add to my suspicion of recycling ideas, along with the fact they’re working for the Ascendants. They’re shadowy figures and this made me think of Anubis, who was also controlling “creatures”/super soldiers.
But while pondering upon this I realised, that it can be hard to come up with something brand new, and almost everyone, even our idols, have their own source of inspiration. Like many things this can be reflected upon in our society. The fact that your name’s Ralf, you wear glasses and have neglected hair, doesn’t mean you don’t have a great personality. You have to look deep to discover what’s beyond the horizon! Point being you should always read on, unless it has constant grammar errors, because that’s just annoying…

I’ve heard people claim it’s a rip-off from Star Trek, and unfortunately I cannot comment on that, as I’ve never really seen a full episode. However my opinion is that Horizon also manages to be very creative, and introduces a lot of new things into the Stargate universe. For example there’s the new big Gate, which makes room for more questions and action.
There is ofcourse also the Valiant, which is an update from the Prometheus and such. I like and think it's a necessary attribution, as it wouldn't be fair for Horizon to do without, and I also like the fact that it doesn't seem too far developed.
There is also a funny parallel with Atlantis, where Ford tries to name the Puddle Jumper, and the naming of the big Gate proves to be just as difficult/funny. It might be a small detail, but it’s the details that harden the story. This is also only one of great many details. Another great detail is including Teal'c and Thor, which makes you connect even more with Stargate. Of course they're not main characters, but their presence makes sure, everything doesn't seem too far away from the Stargate universe, which we all love so much.

To fight this obvious threat against Earth, we need a heroic team. What defines a heroic team is especially a heroic leader, which would definitely be Colonel John Grant. The first expression always matters, and in this case it’s a success. John is a down to earth and respected man, who fits the profile of a natural leader. His abilities are well displayed in this season opener to my pleasing, as when you start reading fiction, most people undergoes a role of living through these characters, and it’s a drag when the handling of those characters is plain bad and simple. It’s an art to be able to develop a character, as it needs to happen naturally and creatively. I find it prudent not to go on any compromises when writing, and start out fresh and slow. Because when you’ve written one good line, that line will produce another good line.
A second character we’re introduced to is a female, whose name is Christine Summers. We quickly catch on that she’s a science nerd, and has some sort of past with John (doesn’t have to be romantic). These relationships are very common and also have to be maintained professionally. This is the old “main characters caring for each other”-dilemma, and creates a tension between the characters, and you truly want them to get together, but also realises it would remove the “what if”, which is undeniably occupying the minds of shippers. Another notable thing about the character is a scene, where she has to go through the Stargate, but is reluctant to do so. This has been done and seen before, but I think it’s a smart and necessary way to deal with the opening of Horizon. This IS a new series, which has to work out their own stuff and ideas, but that doesn’t mean they should restrict themselves. Another important thing about characters is that readers should be able to identify themselves with them. As far as I’m concerned I would find it normal for a nerdy scientist, who’s spend most of her time reading books, to be a bit afraid of walking through the Stargate.
Another main character would be Major Chase Reynolds. He’s the technician and flight engineer onboard Valiant, which fits perfectly with his “different” speech and kinky personality. He’s a nerd, geek and a dork at the same time. He can be witty and serious at the same time, and possesses a great enthusiasm, which is able to boost the story.
Dr. Lenori, a Tok’ra scientist and physician, also makes for an interesting character. We know from Stargate history, that the Tok’ra symbiotes can be what we would call… Arrogant. The split personality of the symbiote and, what we would assume, the human host always makes for some fun. It’s nice to see Dr. Lenori joining Horizon, as you get to fully explore the character, released from the influence of the Tok’ra council.
The last character I’ll go into depths with will be Sivea Ve’nal. She’s Vorian and we were introduced to her on a space station, which was to be named Horizon and be the base of operations for the series. She actually has telepathic powers, which works together with her rational way of thinking. She connects well with John and trusts him, and I think the “shipping” might fit even better in this case. But the question of the possible multiple pairings is also interesting, as we’ve seen on Atlantis with Sheppard, Teyla and Weir.
Other characters includes Captain David Connor and Dr. Thomas Galloway. David’s a former Special Forces officer, and now the tactical expert, and Tom’s the astrophysicist that also has great flying capabilities. We haven’t seen much of them yet, but there's some short scenes where you get to sense the potential of a big friendship. Their time will come.

I’ve focused a great deal on describing what’s being introduced in this season opening, and have given my point of view, but the writing itself also needs reviewing. The thing is that this is a script, which is very different than stories and fanfics. For some it might be hard to swallow, but I managed to adapt into it, and I must say it’s a very good concept. When I read, it’s impossible to get confused, as you might get sometimes in fanfics. I always had a good grasp of the situation, and it’s very easy to go back and look for a specific thing. The only thing I want to complain about is the misspelling, as they would be extremely easy to correct, if just being focused on a bit more. What troubles me is that I sometimes find something spelled incorrectly, and two sentences later it’s spelled right. I know this might not have an impact on many people, but to me it seems a bit unprofessional and also disturbs me, when I’m in a nice flow going through the text. It’s a personal thing.

Overall this is a good reading experience, which truly should be prescribed for all Gaters. It can’t do anything else, but to enhance your perception of Stargate. You can easily sense the essence of Stargate, and realise that this is a new series, with high potential and I wish it the bests of luck! Horizon’s got hold of a great and different concept, and the writers are adding creative content to it. We should of course also thank the creators/producers for making all this happening.

I truly it hope it was satisfying and helpful, and I’ll be trying to read/review more (only if it’s wanted of course) :)

Sobek
September 7th, 2005, 06:49 AM
I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes... I admit I might be more sensitive about it, when it's other people making the mistakes :D

Alex Rubit
September 7th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I truly it hope it was satisfying and helpful, and I’ll be trying to read/review more (only if it’s wanted of course) :)

Of course it's wanted. We always love to see detailed reviews. I can't wait to seeing some for Season Two, once it's airing. ;)

I thought there might be one or two spelling mistakes that were overlooked. But that's something that doesn't normally happen, especially not now. Back then we were only three people and didn't have too much time before the episode aired. Today we have a lot more people, and each of them are looking out for those mistakes.

I'm glad you liked the pilot. And it's always interesting to see what people's first impressions of the characters are. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts as the characters develop over the course of the episodes.

Sobek
September 7th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Of course it's wanted. We always love to see detailed reviews. I can't wait to seeing some for Season Two, once it's airing. ;)

I thought there might be one or two spelling mistakes that were overlooked. But that's something that doesn't normally happen, especially not now. Back then we were only three people and didn't have too much time before the episode aired. Today we have a lot more people, and each of them are looking out for those mistakes.

I'm glad you liked the pilot. And it's always interesting to see what people's first impressions of the characters are. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts as the characters develop over the course of the episodes.

Always nice to know it's wanted :) - I'll get started on "Starship Lost" today, and perhaps even start on a review tomorrow, if I'm not buried in homework... I know this review was a little different than most, but I just thought that the season opener needs to be handled like an introducing to everything, and therefore I didn't focus too much on the story itself. You can expect that to be changed for later reviews...

oracle65
September 8th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I just finished reading "Awakening" p. 1 & p. 2 and "Starship Lost". I have to confess your pilot episode was virtually identical to "Broken Bow," the Star Trek: Enterprise pilot. The characters, plot, situations, just about everything. Let's go to the instant replay:

John Grant = Jonathan Archer
Sivea, Vorian Liason Officer = T'Pol, Vulcan Liason Officer
Christine, timid linguist = Hoshi, timid linguist
Tom, African Canadian pilot = Travis, African American pilot
David, Tactical Officer, blows things up = Malcolm, Tactical Officer, blows things up
Chase, southern enigneer = Trip, southern engineer
Lenori, Doctor w/nanite worms(?) = Phlox, Doctor w/osmotic eels

Thor kidnapped off Valiant = Klaang kidnapped off Enterprise
Grant rescued from fist fight w/Sivok by transport beam = Archer rescued from fistfight w/Silik by transporter
Draque base hidden in a gas giant = Suliban base hidden in a gas giant
The crew visits a trading/mining outpost in hurricane conditions = the crew visits a tading outpost in blizzard conditions
shootout w/Draque in said hurricane = shootout w/Suliban in said blizzard
mysterious shadow character controlling the Draque from outside space-time = mysterious shadow character controlling the Suliban from the future
John/Sivea/Chase sexual tension = Jonathan/T'Pol/Trip sexual tension

Just too many similarities to be a complete coincidence. There were at least a dozen spelling errors as well. Wow, I really come accross as being quite vicious, don't I? In truth I'm really trying to be constructive. The spelling errors were a little distracting. A little judicious editing should fix that.

All that being said, the next installment, "Starship Lost," was much more Stargate than Star Trek. Nice character development in Christine's character. I like the developing friendship between Christine and Lenori. I do have to ask though, wouldn't it have been more cost effective (and less risky) to toss a bomb through the wormhole rather than physically go through the wormhole to overload (and waste) a naquadah generator?

Anyway, I apologize if I came across as being too harsh. I love the idea of an additional Stargate shows to look forward too. They just don't make enough episodes of SG1 and Atlantis to keep me happy. I look forward to reading the rest of season one and the upcoming season two.

Thank you for your contribution to the Stargate Universe.

Erik Pasternak
September 8th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Glad you like the show! I agree with some of your Enterprise points, it was sort of noticeable in "Awakening." It has quelled a lot since then though, and believe me, with me on staff now, a spelling error cannot slip by. :D

SeaQuestGateDSV-1
September 9th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Did they just rip off the name Draque from B5?

Alex Rubit
September 9th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Did they just rip off the name Draque from B5?

Nope. They didn't.

The name Draque has nothing to do with Babylon 5. All I've seen of Babylon 5 was maybe a handful of episodes of Season Four. Since I had never seen it before, I had no clue what was going on, and because of that never really seriously watched it; but from what I have seen, and from what I've heard from a lot of people, it's great, and I plan to catch up on it on DVD eventually.

However, Draque is pronounced very similiar to the name "Drake." If I'm not completely mistaken, the name on Babylon 5 is pronounced very differently.

If I need inspirations for alien names (and often you're looking for new and unique alien names in every new episode you're doing), I actually tend to look up exotic foreign names every now and then; amazing what you can find there.

Elite Anubis Guard
September 9th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Ye, its pronouced like Drak-we isnt it? And as for the enterprise points, noticed every single of one of them, but as the series developed, it soon gained its own difference.

Alex Rubit
September 9th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Ye, its pronouced like Drak-we isnt it? And as for the enterprise points, noticed every single of one of them, but as the series developed, it soon gained its own difference.

The Draque? It's pronounced like the name, just a bit differently. Oddly enough that particular name was the inspiration. I'm sure I mentioned the Draque at least on one of the audio commentaries. The commentaries should give people an idea of how certain things are pronounced. ;)

With regard to similarities in general, I think the show over the course of its first season did some things that I think haven't been done before. As I've mentioned before, this whole thing came together in quite an unusual way. Eventually I should tell that story in more detail, but suffice it to say initially there weren't any plans for ever publishing it. Funny actually, considering where we are now.

Season Two will kick off some new and I think unique storylines that haven't been done on Stargate before. There'll be more of a classic Stargate feel, while at the same time a certain uniqueness with regard to at least one of the new storylines which will have an affect on the entire season.

dosed150
September 9th, 2005, 02:16 PM
i liked but was i the only one to see the ds9 similarity a human crew on an alien space station working with a partly alien crew defending a gateway to another universe

greytop
September 9th, 2005, 02:54 PM
i liked but was i the only one to see the ds9 similarity a human crew on an alien space station working with a partly alien crew defending a gateway to another universeI believe there are quite a few that noticed that.

dosed150
September 9th, 2005, 03:30 PM
yeh in thought so but it hasnt been mentioned in this thread

StevetheWraith!
September 20th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Hi guys. This is my 1st post over here and I couldn't have picked a better thread then this one to move past the big zero! Wow this pilot was as good as the SG: Atlantis pilot (and I am a HUGE fan of SGA). I had known about SGH for about 2 weeks now but I wasn't at first sold on it because I found out that it was in screenplay format and not in prose; I thought that this format would end up slowing down the pace of things. Well I went on over to SGH's forums and browsed a lot of posts, sampled the incredible tunes of Magnus Ringblom and finally took the plunge and downloaded the pilot. I felt a bit awkward reading the first 5 pages because reading all of the "notes" and "comments" in between the actual story just seemed "unnatural." Well, I persisted and 6 pages later I was hooked! Needles to say I re-read the previous pages and it just seemed so natural and fluid. I mean once I had gotten used to the format I was racing through the pilot. I finished the first 3 episodes in only a couple of hours. Although Season 2 premiers in a few days (and I have 19+ episodes to catch up with!) I feel really lucky that I waited so long to start SGH. I mean now, us "newcomers" have the photos of the cast (in a SGH thread. This really helped me to visualize the characters and their personalities), the awesome Draque and Main themes (which totally fit their respective roles. These helped to "feel" the show) and the tons and tons of great posts to guide us along. All in all this is a fantastic show this is really really well done. The format is superb, and the extra "goodies" are really cool. What I am trying to say is that if anyone out there is doubting either this show's delivery format or content I seriously urge them to put them aside, download the pilot and the music and get ready for an awesome show that will really pull you in. Phew that was one bloody big post, hehehe! Cheers guys for this great show. Bye

timdalton007
November 9th, 2005, 07:47 AM
A great pilot episdoe! It's original and fresh and a great opening for the series. By far the best Stargate fan series out there!

timdalton007

McKay_help_us
December 28th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Wow!! what a great pilot. I didn't even know this series was even out there until I found this message board a couple days ago and wondered what SG-Horizons was. Read the pilot and now I'm hooked.

Elite Anubis Guard
December 29th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Always nice to meet another Horizon fan.

Alex Rubit
December 29th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Wow!! what a great pilot. I didn't even know this series was even out there until I found this message board a couple days ago and wondered what SG-Horizons was. Read the pilot and now I'm hooked.

Glad you liked it. I hope you'll stick with it, because we've definitely come a long way since the early days of the series. Of course I don't want to give away any kinds of spoilers.

That's a great forum user name, by the way. :mckayanime03:

Jedted
December 31st, 2005, 05:19 PM
Well it took me a couple of days but i finally finished reading the pilot. I have to say it was pretty well written and aside from the likeness to the Enterprise pilot it had a lot of original parts too. Most of time when i was reading Chase's parts i kept thinking of Trip from enterprise. Though after seening BB on SG-1and on Farscape i can somewhat picture him in Horizion.

I don't wanna nitpick here but i found some of the typos to be a bit confusing while i was reading it. Thats not ta say it wasn't a good read at all. I look forward to reading the rest of the episodes when i get the time. :)

Btw, ya wouldn't happen to have like a rough sketch of what the Valiant or Horizion looks like do you? I'd very much like ta see what they look like in the mind of the writer. :)

Jedted
December 31st, 2005, 05:24 PM
Oh one more thing, great job using Keifer Sutherland and Carlos Bernard from "24". While it's kinda hard to picture Keifer in a show about Stargate i thought made a pretty good fit to the charater. :)

Alex Rubit
December 31st, 2005, 06:17 PM
It's great to see some new readers checking out the series lately. I'm glad you liked the pilot, Ted. I think Chase's way of talking becomes more BBish as the series goes on - over time you get a better take on not only the characters' voices but also the actors of the virtual cast that you're writing for.

There's a concept drawing of the Valiant which can be found right here (http://uk.geocities.com/alex_stargatehorizon/valiant.jpg). The CG model is still a work in progress, but hopefully we'll be able to release it soon. Unfortunately there aren't too many images available just yet - the Horizon model is still being worked on as well. Unfortunately the designer working on it was having some trouble finding enough time for it, which has slowed things down. But, hopefully we'll be able to release it soon. I'll just say, once it's all ready it will, hopefully, have been worth the wait. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing your reactions to the episodes as you read more of the series.

captainpash
December 31st, 2005, 06:18 PM
This is the only episode I got all the way through

Jedted
January 2nd, 2006, 07:17 PM
I listened to the audio comentary of Home Front and it sparked a slightly greater interestin in reading the series. Ya don't plan on doing any more comentaries do you?

Alex Rubit
January 3rd, 2006, 04:03 AM
I listened to the audio comentary of Home Front and it sparked a slightly greater interestin in reading the series. Ya don't plan on doing any more comentaries do you?

I'd actually love to do more comentaries once I get the time.

And, yes, if I may offer my opinion... neither the pilot nor the early episodes are really anything like what the show is today. We've come a very long way. ;)

Lightbane
April 14th, 2006, 08:13 PM
I just found this last night and its pretty awesome i do have a question however why is the Valiant NX-04 when the Daedealus is X-04? (as i understand it Daedaulus was commissoned before Valiant making it X-04 not 05)

X-01 - failed model where Gould programming took over sending it to a Gould world
X-02 - sucessful model in turn used as X-04 (Daedealus) fighters in Stargate Atlantis
X-03 - Prometheus

And how is the Valiant using Naquadriah as the fuel source isn't that stuff highly unstable?

Alex Rubit
April 14th, 2006, 08:49 PM
I just found this last night and its pretty awesome i do have a question however why is the Valiant NX-04 when the Daedealus is X-04? (as i understand it Daedaulus was commissoned before Valiant making it X-04 not 05)

X-01 - failed model where Gould programming took over sending it to a Gould world
X-02 - sucessful model in turn used as X-04 (Daedealus) fighters in Stargate Atlantis
X-03 - Prometheus

And how is the Valiant using Naquadriah as the fuel source isn't that stuff highly unstable?

Hey,

I'm glad you liked it. Seems you'll have lots of episodes to catch up on. ;)

The Valiant's designation is actually X-04. The Daedalus is an X-304, I believe. The reason the Valiant has a different designation is that it's not a battle cruiser - it's a completely different ship type, and much smaller with only nine decks. The X indicates that it's a prototype.

This is also the reason the ship's name doesn't follow the tradition of being based on Greek mythology. I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say that at a later point in the series, we'll see some other battle cruisers. And they'll follow the familiar tradition when it comes to their names and their designations.

And the Valiant doesn't use Naquadria directly as a fuel source. There was a mention of something called "Naquadria Relais", which of course was developed from further research with Naquadria. But it's important to keep in mind that this is seven years into the future.

Feel free to post your comments and/or reviews on each of the episodes as you read them.

Lightbane
April 14th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Yeah i see that i heard about in Season 9 of SG-1 they were working with the Asgard/Tok'ra trying to stablize Naquadria as a fuel source thanks for that

Mardius
June 16th, 2006, 01:00 PM
acually i thought i read that the Prometheus was the prototype X-303 and the Deadalus was the "production model" as it were for the BC-303 class spacecraft

Elite Anubis Guard
June 16th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Yeah..it's stupid and confusing because thats what I thought of it, until they called the Oddysesy a 304.

Mardius
June 16th, 2006, 02:27 PM
dont remember that part...damn. let the headache begin

Elite Anubis Guard
June 16th, 2006, 02:42 PM
The Deady was a 303 in S8 and then they called the Oddy a 304 in S9...make their minds up.

Mardius
June 16th, 2006, 02:59 PM
and as far as i remember in the beginning of s2 for atlantis either mccay or caldwell even said that the deady was a x-303 variant

Elite Anubis Guard
June 16th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Anyway, what did you think of the episode?

Mardius
June 16th, 2006, 03:14 PM
i liked it, read it a while back and got lazy diddnt read anything else, but with all my newfound sparetime i got into Destiny (read all 10 eps) then figured id give horizon another go. good stuff all around. im on...collision, i believe

Elite Anubis Guard
June 16th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I've only read this twice. Long episode. You should post on the Destiny forums man, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the episodes - As would Alex and the crew love to hear your thoughts on these episodes.

Mardius
June 16th, 2006, 03:21 PM
yeah, been meaning to post over there.

Alex Rubit
June 16th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Oh, definitely. We're ALWAYS eager to hear people's oppinions on the episodes. ;)

Glad you liked what you've read so far, Maridus.

Naonak
July 18th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Just read the Horizon pilot, and the fact that I then went and downloaded the season 1 boxset should tell you that I liked it. It was pretty cool.

Casting is pretty good for the actors that I know. (Is Andrew Robinson the guy who played Garak in DS9?)

Got slightly confused at times, although I've figured out most of what was going on. :P One thing I'm not sure about - Horizon (the space station) is in this galaxy, and the Horizon Stargate and the Spacegate go to the Triangulum galaxy, right? :S

Aah! My 666th post!

Alex Rubit
July 18th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Just read the Horizon pilot, and the fact that I then went and downloaded the season 1 boxset should tell you that I liked it. It was pretty cool.

Thanks. I'm glad you've liked what you've read so far. :)

Casting is pretty good for the actors that I know. (Is Andrew Robinson the guy who played Garak in DS9?)

That's who he is. I think he also makes a great Lenori. ;)

Got slightly confused at times, although I've figured out most of what was going on. :P One thing I'm not sure about - Horizon (the space station) is in this galaxy, and the Horizon Stargate and the Spacegate go to the Triangulum galaxy, right? :S

Indeed. Horizon is in the Milky Way Galaxy, but in an unexplored part of it, while the Spacegate leads into the Triangulum Galaxy. The Horizon Stargate also leads into the Triangulum Galaxy, while a couple of the planets of this particular network are also spread across the Milky Way. Why this network extends across two galaxies will be something that will be explored more and more throughout the series.

SierraGulf1
July 22nd, 2006, 08:23 AM
Confusing at first, but with each episode one reads it becomes more and more routine and regular, and everything fits together.

RCoombes
August 1st, 2006, 01:37 PM
its a very cleaver and good episode... like the intro at the beginning, found it similar to "children of the God" which i loved...

Alex Rubit
August 2nd, 2006, 08:30 AM
its a very cleaver and good episode... like the intro at the beginning, found it similar to "children of the God" which i loved...

Thanks. Glad you liked it. It's always great to see new readers' reactions to the series. :)

cheese
August 28th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Episode One and Two Awakening was, to put it bluntly, pretty awful.

The opening scene was very promising, mysterious discoveries, vicious evil aliens, cracking Stargate action.

The script formatting was improperly used, the episode was riddled wth sections of prose, like unnecessary over description, back stories, and character thoughts, that have no place in a script format. This made it difficult to read at time. Not only that but there were quite a number of basic spelling mistakes and poorly chosen words.

These things are pretty forgivable, technical problems that I'm sure will be ironed out over time.

The biggest most glaring problem with this episode is that it is ridiculously similar to the pilot of Enterprise. Several scenes are almost identical with similar dialogue and even similar characters, a similar villain and the Vorians do seem more than a bit Vulcan. (Chase is obviously Trip, Grant obviously Archer, Sivea obviously T'pol etc...). It's ridiculous, its lazy, its a disgrace, it is stealing the writing of Brannon Bragga and Rich Berman. And there is no reason that such blatant copying is needed, the original parts of the story are good.

Some of the dialogue is dire, even to the point of making no sense at all. "There for I'm not as ugly as you are" for example is just silly.

There are plot holes aplenty

The Asgard coming to the rescue was a bit of a cop out, it would have been nice to see the team find a solution of their own on their first mission.

The behavior of the Draque and mysterious master made little sense, what was the point of capturing Thor, only to let him be rescued with ease and capturing Grant instead?

Why would the Vorians just let ISGC have the station and control of the gates, especially since it seems their world is in danger too?

There are positives, I'm not trying to be overly negative here, just honest. The Ancients storyline is intriguing and I look forward to seeing how it develops. The Spacegate is an interesting addition to the mix, with a stargate and spacegate and the Valiant there is no shortage of story potential. The Vorians too could well bring an unknown element to the show, what happens when they don't agree with what the Horizon team does, maybe one day they'll want their station back?? Who knows and I think it could develop nicely.

Overall a fairly poor episode. Technically and creatively quite flawed, but acceptable as a first adventure, or it would be if it wasn’t for the fact it was the same as "Broken Bow." That copying brings the whole thing right down.

1 Out of 5

Alex Rubit
August 29th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Episode One and Two Awakening was, to put it bluntly, pretty awful.

Thanks for your honesty. And... I completely agree. This is in my oppinion the worst episode of the series.

The opening scene was very promising, mysterious discoveries, vicious evil aliens, cracking Stargate action.

The script formatting was improperly used, the episode was riddled wth sections of prose, like unnecessary over description, back stories, and character thoughts, that have no place in a script format. This made it difficult to read at time. Not only that but there were quite a number of basic spelling mistakes and poorly chosen words.

That's true. Most of what I had written previously was in German; little trivia there.

These things are pretty forgivable, technical problems that I'm sure will be ironed out over time.

The biggest most glaring problem with this episode is that it is ridiculously similar to the pilot of Enterprise. Several scenes are almost identical with similar dialogue and even similar characters, a similar villain and the Vorians do seem more than a bit Vulcan. (Chase is obviously Trip, Grant obviously Archer, Sivea obviously T'pol etc...). It's ridiculous, its lazy, its a disgrace, it is stealing the writing of Brannon Bragga and Rich Berman. And there is no reason that such blatant copying is needed, the original parts of the story are good.

The characters are definitely not the same. Over time, and especially now (two years later) they're all quite different from any of those other characters you've mentioned.

And Vorians are definitely nothing like the Vulcans. For one, they've got a sense of humor.

Some of the dialogue is dire, even to the point of making no sense at all. "There for I'm not as ugly as you are" for example is just silly.

There are plot holes aplenty

The Asgard coming to the rescue was a bit of a cop out, it would have been nice to see the team find a solution of their own on their first mission.

I agree.

The behavior of the Draque and mysterious master made little sense, what was the point of capturing Thor, only to let him be rescued with ease and capturing Grant instead?

It's been a while since I've read it, but if I remember correctly the Draque tried to stop Grant and Sivea from rescuing Thor.

Why would the Vorians just let ISGC have the station and control of the gates, especially since it seems their world is in danger too?

The Vorians have a fleet of ships. They're not depending on the Stargate or Horizon when it comes to protecting themselves. In fact, they're not even interested in using the Stargate.

There are positives, I'm not trying to be overly negative here, just honest. The Ancients storyline is intriguing and I look forward to seeing how it develops. The Spacegate is an interesting addition to the mix, with a stargate and spacegate and the Valiant there is no shortage of story potential. The Vorians too could well bring an unknown element to the show, what happens when they don't agree with what the Horizon team does, maybe one day they'll want their station back?? Who knows and I think it could develop nicely.

Oh, yeah. There were lots of positives out of which a great show had evolved. But the pilot was definitely... shall we say not all too great.

It's a shame in a way, because I think a lot of people tend to read the pilot, and then they think that's the show. But I have to say it doesn't do it any justice, especially looking at Season Two.

cheese
August 30th, 2006, 05:36 AM
It's a shame in a way, because I think a lot of people tend to read the pilot, and then they think that's the show. But I have to say it doesn't do it any justice, especially looking at Season Two.

It is a shame, because once you get into it season one has some really good episodes.

Annubis' hitman
November 2nd, 2006, 11:07 AM
It was confusing at first but i thought it was a pretty good episode.

I really thought it introduced the series nicely and characters as well.

I like Chase the best so far.

I definatley want to see more about this "circle of the ancients" and the ascendent empire.

Sheppard
November 4th, 2006, 05:05 AM
can someone please give me a download link for this episode i went to the main site and coudnt find it so please help :)

Annubis' hitman
November 4th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Sheppard Just go to the main site.

Click "episodes"

Season 1

Awakening 1 and 2 read episode

Then it will come up in a pdf.

cheese
January 11th, 2007, 08:29 AM
In this episode when the gate is first dialed on Horizon they dial to the Triangulm Galaxy, but only use a seven Chevron address, rather then an eight cheveron intergalactic address. I was wondering if this was an error, or if there was a reason for it.

Wineblood
January 11th, 2007, 09:54 AM
In this episode when the gate is first dialed on Horizon they dial to the Triangulm Galaxy, but only use a seven Chevron address, rather then an eight cheveron intergalactic address. I was wondering if this was an error, or if there was a reason for it.

The horizon gate network spans two galaxies, addresses in the triangulum galaxy are still on the same gate network and are therefore a seven chevron address.

Sarge300491
October 13th, 2007, 02:15 AM
i didnt think scripts would be good to read, but i read this today for the 1st time and i think u did a good job, did remind me a bit of the 1st atlantis episode but it was interesting and kept me entertained threw out it and it got better as it went along. Looks like i have 3 seasons to read now :P

Alex Rubit
October 13th, 2007, 04:51 AM
i didnt think scripts would be good to read, but i read this today for the 1st time and i think u did a good job, did remind me a bit of the 1st atlantis episode but it was interesting and kept me entertained threw out it and it got better as it went along. Looks like i have 3 seasons to read now :P

Glad to hear that you liked it. It's always nice to see new people checking out the series.

And, honestly, if you liked it so far, you should love what comes later. Because over time the way the scripts are written, and, in my opinion, the series in general, just get so much better. So I hope you keep reading. :)

Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper
January 13th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I finally managed to read the opening script for Stargate Horizon. Guess I've got a lot of catching up to do since I'm about 3 seasons behind. "Awakening" had its high and low points, but one thing that's quite apparent is that it is a labor of love, and that a lot of thought and care has gone into the series. That is very much appreciated.

One criticism however, and that is in the eighth act when the Valiant crew supposedly lands on a gas giant. Now, I'm no scientist but I believe I know just enough that I can say that landing on a gas giant is quite simply impossible! For one thing gas giants have no real solid surface to land on. Spaceships might be able to park in the upper atmosphere, but would likely be ripped apart by the exceedingly hostile turbulent forces further down. This quote from Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_giant

"Gas giants may have a rocky or metallic core—in fact, such a core is thought to be required for a gas giant to form—but the majority of its mass is in the form of the gaseous hydrogen and helium, with traces of water, methane, ammonia, and other hydrogen compounds. (Although familiar to us as gases on Earth, these constituents are expected to be compressed into liquids or solids deep in a gas giant's atmosphere.)

"Unlike rocky planets, which have a clearly defined difference between atmosphere and surface, gas giants do not have a well-defined surface; their atmospheres simply become gradually denser toward the core, perhaps with liquid or liquid-like states in between. Therefore, one cannot "land on" such planets in the traditional sense. Terms such as diameter, surface area, volume, surface temperature and surface density may refer only to the outermost layer visible from space."

It's quite possible that there are earth-size planets that possess the turbulent atmospheric conditions described in the story. I'm far from being a perfectionist with respect to scientific matters and realize that some liberties are often taken in the realm of sci-fi but please, no more landing on gas giants.

Looking forward to reading more episodes. Thanks.

Dr. Daniel Jackson
January 21st, 2008, 02:00 PM
AWAKENING, PARTS ONE AND TWO

Ep: 1.01 & 1.02
Written by Alex Rubit
Original Air Date: November 4th, 2004

As a mysterious species known as the Draque shows up on Earth and attacks a research facility, Colonel John Grant, along with a newly formed team is sent on a mission to find the Draque, learn what their intentions are and hopefully prevent future misunderstandings with them.

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage (http://www.stargatehorizon.com) to download the episode, then stop back here for discussion.

dont want to sound stupid but is horizon a series or something if so where ca u download the videos.

Alex Rubit
January 21st, 2008, 06:56 PM
dont want to sound stupid but is horizon a series or something if so where ca u download the videos.

It's a virtual series actually, where you read the episodes instead of watching them. To download the episodes, just head to the new website at http://www.freewebs.com/stargate-horizon, where you can download the latest episodes as PDF files. And you'll also find the complete first three seasons on there as well.

Alex Rubit
January 21st, 2008, 07:01 PM
One criticism however, and that is in the eighth act when the Valiant crew supposedly lands on a gas giant. Now, I'm no scientist but I believe I know just enough that I can say that landing on a gas giant is quite simply impossible! For one thing gas giants have no real solid surface to land on. Spaceships might be able to park in the upper atmosphere, but would likely be ripped apart by the exceedingly hostile turbulent forces further down.

Well, this was a planet in the distant Triangulum Galaxy, and not a traditional gas giant. But actually, and this might just be me, I don't recall that the Valiant landed on that planet. As far as I remember it, it was the Draque ship that had landed on the surface, but not the Valiant. And again, since it's a planet in another galaxy, I think it's hard to really say there's no chance on earth that such a planet could be out there.

Glad you liked what you read so far, by the way. As I always say, if you think the pilot was good, you should love what comes later in the series. And I only say that because the series does improve greatly as it progresses. :)

Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper
January 23rd, 2008, 07:14 AM
And again, since it's a planet in another galaxy, I think it's hard to really say there's no chance on earth that such a planet could be out there.

Oh, I'm not saying there couldn't be such a planet. There definitely could. The error would be referring to it as a "gas giant", a term that applies to Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune, planets that have no discernible surface and which no ship could land on, Draque or otherwise. Jupiter in fact, gives off a lot of heat of its own and is sometimes considered an almost-star that didn't quite make it to that stage. Landing there might be akin to trying to land on the sun. (No jokes about going there at night.)

There are probably thousands of inhospitable earth-size planets out there that would fit the bill for this story. In fact, there are a few examples in our own system, one being Venus, with atmospheric pressures 90 times greater than earth's, a surface forever concealed by clouds of carbon dioxide and sulphuric acid, and an general environment where earth probes that land there usually perish within a very short time. Another is the Saturnian moon Titan, which is perpetually cloud covered with a Nitrogen atmosphere denser than Earth's and from where the sky is forever concealed.

Okay I'll get off the science bandwagon now.

:)

rdcrdc11
February 25th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Area 51 is near a few small towns and also close to las veges so why would they be launching VALIANT during the day where many people would be able to see it (since the goverment says its not real.):jack:

jmm
February 26th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Area 51 is near a few small towns and also close to las veges so why would they be launching VALIANT during the day where many people would be able to see it (since the goverment says its not real.):jack:

Well, in Horizon the Stargate program went Public, so it's official: Gray men exist (They are called Asgard :D), UFOs are real, the pyramids were landing sites for alien spacecraft and so on. There is no reason to keep Area 51 a secret anymore.

leeman15251
April 6th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I just found stargate Horizon a few weeks ago. So far it looks great.

ReplicatorBox
January 2nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure I understand 'Horizon'. On the website, it says a list of the cast members, suggesting video, but all I can find is PDF script files.

s09119
January 2nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure I understand 'Horizon'. On the website, it says a list of the cast members, suggesting video, but all I can find is PDF script files.

The cast is suggested, as in what actors they would have playing the parts if they could. The show itself is all written down, there's nothing to watch.

Automission
January 5th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I still don't get why it was written in script form, as it'd be easier to read as a book. Constantly changing to the right side of the page to see the "cut to" bit, the repeated use of the word Beat. Why not just say pause.
Then there's times beat is used elsewhere, so I wonder does that mean an actual beat noise, or a beat pause? It felt really confusing to read and somewhat detracted from the experience.

Story was alright though, for a pilot.

Major V1125
February 3rd, 2009, 03:13 PM
interesting series...i like Sutherland alot! great job!

sinfuldraconis
March 7th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I think the links are broken to some of the earlier episodes. Is there anywhere else I can find these?

wraith queen inga
April 1st, 2009, 08:35 AM
Just started reading this.

So far its great! :)

The Opening scene remains one of my all time favorite scenes of Horizon EVER. :)

Sure... The Enoly are cool... and so are The Ingrali... but The Draque remain my favorite race out there! :)

*Goes back to reading*

sinfuldraconis
April 1st, 2009, 08:54 AM
Just started reading this.

So far its great! :)

The Opening scene remains one of my all time favorite scenes of Horizon EVER. :)

Sure... The Enoly are cool... and so are The Ingrali... but The Draque remain my favorite race out there! :)

*Goes back to reading*

Can you post the link where you found them? Thanks!

wraith queen inga
April 1st, 2009, 08:56 AM
Can you post the link where you found them? Thanks!

http://sg-universe.net/files/sgh101.pdf

and here is the link to entire season one:

http://sg-universe.net/sgh/s1/

sinfuldraconis
April 1st, 2009, 09:02 AM
http://sg-universe.net/files/sgh101.pdf

and here is the link to entire season one:

http://sg-universe.net/sgh/s1/

Thanks! I appreciate it. I've been looking for a working link for a while.

wraith queen inga
April 1st, 2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks! I appreciate it. I've been looking for a working link for a while.

No problem. :)

wraith queen inga
April 1st, 2009, 10:57 AM
OMG... they took Thor! O.O

*Starts reading Act Four*

NOTE:

500th post! :P

wraith queen inga
April 4th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Ill soon finish reading "Awakening" and then ill post a full review of The Episode! :)

AtlantisRules!!!
April 7th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Is there anywhere to actually watch these?

wraith queen inga
April 8th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Well, this was a planet in the distant Triangulum Galaxy, and not a traditional gas giant. But actually, and this might just be me, I don't recall that the Valiant landed on that planet. As far as I remember it, it was the Draque ship that had landed on the surface, but not the Valiant. And again, since it's a planet in another galaxy, I think it's hard to really say there's no chance on earth that such a planet could be out there.

Glad you liked what you read so far, by the way. As I always say, if you think the pilot was good, you should love what comes later in the series. And I only say that because the series does improve greatly as it progresses. :)

It was the Valiant.

Gamegoofs2
October 9th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I tried the links posted but they all seem broken. I can't seem to find any working links. Can someone post one?

Elite Anubis Guard
October 11th, 2009, 02:24 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/stargate-horizon/seasonone.htm

Gamegoofs2
October 12th, 2009, 01:32 PM
But the link on that page (http://www.stargatehorizon.com/pdf/awakening.pdf) doesn't work.

Alex Rubit
October 15th, 2009, 07:18 PM
But the link on that page (http://www.stargatehorizon.com/pdf/awakening.pdf) doesn't work.

We did have all of the episodes up at www.sg-universe.net too, but the site doesn't seem to be up anymore. Unless I've got the URL wrong. Does anyone know what's going on with that?

But I've got copies of all of the episodes on my computer. I'm not on my computer right now, though, but once I get home, I can see if maybe I can attach the PDF file to a post on here.

Alex Rubit
October 16th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I was trying to upload the PDF file, but the file size is too large. I will try and get them all back on the website asap, though.

Gamegoofs2
October 16th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks so much.

moginheden
October 21st, 2009, 11:47 AM
www.sg-universe.net is being rebuilt under a new name, (sg-virtualSeries I think?) It is supposed to be back up November or December 2009.

It is a bit confusing to have dead links to http://www.stargatehorizon.com/pdf/awakening.pdf etc. on http://www.freewebs.com/stargate-horizon/seasonone.htm they should probably be removed and replaced with "coming soon" or (better yet the actual episodes )

If you are having problems posting large files to freewebs you could post the PDFs to something like http://www.mediafire.com/ it's not quite as good since you have to click through their page to access them, but it's free and they can host files of pretty much any size.

stargatefan7693
January 1st, 2010, 11:55 AM
I was just on the Stargate Horizon webpage and the download link still doesn't work, i was wondering if someone could email me the pdf's for season 1, or at least this episode. my email is [email protected] thanks, happy new year!

Elite Anubis Guard
January 6th, 2010, 09:33 AM
http://saturn.afmu.com/~virtec20/Season1.zip

Disciple of the Ori
March 8th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Thank You Elite Annubis Guard. Do you happen to have season 2 available? If so, could I ask you to post that as well?

Elite Anubis Guard
March 11th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Season 2 should be on the website.

Disciple of the Ori
March 12th, 2010, 09:17 AM
The links to Seasons 1 & 2 are still not functional, unfortunately. I wouldn't have troubled you otherwise.

syfygyrl
March 12th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Yeah, they're not on the website. At least not usable ones.

Elite Anubis Guard
March 13th, 2010, 12:01 AM
http://saturn.afmu.com/~virtec20/Season2.zip

Disciple of the Ori
March 14th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Thank you my friend. Much appreciated.

RickWesten
April 16th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Thank you

Potter
May 8th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Is it possible that anyone could re-upload season one and two?

RickWesten
May 11th, 2011, 03:23 AM
I will try :cameron:

EDIT : Season one Link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XA640IHY

Potter
May 12th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Thanks,

possible to re-upload Season 2 as well?

RickWesten
May 12th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Sure !

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SDJ2JMQ3

sg1sgasgu
June 1st, 2011, 04:47 PM
When I tried to open the links it didn't work. What can I do?

Elite Anubis Guard
June 3rd, 2011, 04:43 AM
http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/80870-how-can-I-watch-season-one

There you go. Links are in there.

Dumdidu
July 16th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the Uploads. Now i am very exciting to read this books :)
additionally in english... to improve my english ^^.

Republibot 3.0
November 6th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Soooo..."Draque" from this, "Drakh" from Babylon 5 and Crusade...uhm...