PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone!

Alex Rubit
August 24th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Hi everyone, and welcome to the new Stargate: Horizon boards on the GateWorld forum!

So, now our long time fans finally know what this mysterious "announcement" was going to be all about. Yup. This is it. ;) And I'm sure there are lots of people who are hearing about us for the very first time now.

All of us (the entire staff) are very excited about being the first site to have officially joined the GateWorld Network. Thanks to Darren for launching this new section of the forum! We definitely have some threads that need to be started in here.

I'd like to invite everyone to check out the first season of Stargate: Horizon, which is available for download on our website. Just click on the link in my signature to get there. There'll be an official Q&A thread, which we'll be starting in a moment. Feel free to ask any kinds of questions you like. We all hope you'll enjoy Season One, as Season Two is only four weeks away.

I'd say let the discussions begin! :)

Erik Pasternak
August 24th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm Erik Pasternak, one of Horizon's staff writers. Having known that this was coming for a while, all I can say is that I have been excited for a very long time and that I am very grateful to Darren, David, and all the GateWorld staff for allowing us the honor of joining the GateWorld Network. I do hope you enjoy Horizon and that you will look forward to September 22nd, our second season premiere. For those of you in the United States, it will be more new stargate, even if you can't see any on TV. As Alex said, please feel free to ask ANY questions.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy Horizon!

Colonel Sharp
August 24th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Hey guys! Welcome to the Gateworld forum :D I'm happy to be introduced to this series and am starting to read. But I also have a question: What exactly is under the 'downloads' section? I started to listen to one of the pod casts...but I couldn't exactly tell. Is it commentary about the episode or like a book on tape sort of thing?

Thanks for your help :D

Erik Pasternak
August 24th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Hey guys! Welcome to the Gateworld forum :D I'm happy to be introduced to this series and am starting to read. But I also have a question: What exactly is under the 'downloads' section? I started to listen to one of the pod casts...but I couldn't exactly tell. Is it commentary about the episode or like a book on tape sort of thing?

Thanks for your help :DHi Colonel!

In the "Downloads" section, among other things, we do have podcasts, yes. Podcasts are basically episode commentary, sort of like what you find on DVDs (Alex gives a somewhat better explaination in the opening). Also in "Downloads," we have two wallpapers, two musical themes, and a special behind the scenes look at "Collision."

Colonel Sharp
August 24th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Hi Colonel!

In the "Downloads" section, among other things, we do have podcasts, yes. Podcasts are basically episode commentary, sort of like what you find on DVDs (Alex gives a somewhat better explaination in the opening). Also in "Downloads," we have two wallpapers, two musical themes, and a special behind the scenes look at "Collision."
Cool, thanks for the explanation Erik. And great job on the series you guys! :D*Is reading first ep.*

lionel_pendergast_rocks
August 24th, 2005, 05:44 PM
LPR here. I'ev been reading the sereies from the beginning. It's great!!! Season 2 in 4 weeks!!!!

Erik Pasternak
August 24th, 2005, 05:45 PM
LPR here. I'ev been reading the sereies from the beginning. It's great!!! Season 2 in 4 weeks!!!!
And, of course, as a veteran reader, you now know what we've been hiding from you forever. :D

Alex Rubit
August 24th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Cool, thanks for the explanation Erik. And great job on the series you guys! :D*Is reading first ep.*

Hey Colonel Sharp,

I'm glad you've enjoyed what you've read of Horizon so far. Like Erik said, the Downloads section contains several special features. The podcasts are basically audio commentaries. We figured why not see if we can have audio commentaries for a virtual series? So far there are four. But there will be more coming up eventually. As well as some more musical themes, banners, wallpapers, etc. And look out for some 3D images we're currently working on. In many ways things are just now getting off the ground. ;)

And I'd like to second what Erik said: thanks to Darren, David, and the whole GW staff!!! (I only mentioned Darren before) We're quite excited about being here, and are looking forward to getting the discussions in this part of the forum off the ground. :D

lionel_pendergast_rocks
August 24th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Oh and BTW, I'm wraithslayer on the Horizon forum.

Alex Rubit
August 24th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Oh and BTW, I'm wraithslayer on the Horizon forum.

Welcome to this new section (I knew who you were)! Now, you know what the whole talk about something big happening was all about. ;)

lionel_pendergast_rocks
August 24th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Well, I know you know who I am, but what about all the people who have never seen the light of Stargate: Horizon.

Alex Rubit
August 24th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Well, I know you know who I am, but what about all the people who have never seen the light of Stargate: Horizon.

That's very true.

Locutus_Of_Borg
August 24th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Hey it's a great series, but when i go to read then it goes from 101 to 103 does that mean like both Stargate series its a sort of double episode and do you ever think MGM will want to produce this awesome series?

Erik Pasternak
August 24th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Hey it's a great series, but when i go to read then it goes from 101 to 103 does that mean like both Stargate series its a sort of double episode and do you ever think MGM will want to produce this awesome series?
Yeah, "Awakening," the series premiere, is a two-part episode.

Alex Rubit
August 24th, 2005, 06:43 PM

It's a two-part series premiere, which was released as a "two hour" episode, like the SG-1 and Atlantis premieres. Technically the number of the first episode is 101/102.

As for MGM, that's a hard question to answer. I personally think they might be hessitant to make a series out of something that's already been released. Of course I could be wrong. I think only MGM can answer that question accurately. I'm just guessing. ;)

Locutus_Of_Borg
August 24th, 2005, 06:53 PM
I totally agree

Sir Ruff
August 24th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Hello, hello

I just had to come by and check how it looks, and it's just great :) I'll be back later with more time..

Qasim
August 25th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Hey guys

Welcome to the GW forum

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Wraith, the signature kind of gave it away dont you think. Cant believe I fracking missed this, reader since the begin and freelancer for ya and I missed it. Evil time zones, grrrr...anyone interesting new development, I assumed it had something to do with Gateworld but I hadnt thought of a section on here. Its a shame ya want the main stuff taking place here as I was quite pleased with proboards one.

sueKay
August 25th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Heya!

Welcome to GateWorld!

*scurries off to start reading*

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Nice that youll be getting recognition now.

trekmaster
August 25th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Love see Stargate Horizon on air. It sound like it going to be very good show

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Might do but till then, the episodes are ready for reading!

samjack4ever
August 25th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Hi Guys,

I guess I had better introduce myself... For those of you who don't know me, I'm Sam the supervising producer on SG:H... Basically that means I turn up late for meetings and moan a lot ;)

I'm also in charge of the SG:H website and have written an episode in season one called Contagion...

Oh yeah and I run the offical 'I Love Lenny' fan club... :D

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Wait...your the person who runs that site? Hmm...I was wondering why i kept getting pop-ups of Lenori....explicite popups!

Vicious
August 25th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Hi Horizon Crew!!!

You guys rock.

nuff said.

Erik Pasternak
August 25th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Hi Horizon Crew!!!

You guys rock.

nuff said.
Thanks!

lionel_pendergast_rocks
August 25th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Wait...your the person who runs that site? Hmm...I was wondering why i kept getting pop-ups of Lenori....explicite popups!

I dont even want to think about that. Ahh! I did!

Erik Pasternak
August 25th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Hi Guys,

I guess I had better introduce myself... For those of you who don't know me, I'm Sam the supervising producer on SG:H... Basically that means I turn up late for meetings and moan a lot ;)She also doesn't take the credit she deserves for her work. :)

Osiris-RA
August 25th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Hi Guys,

I guess I had better introduce myself... For those of you who don't know me, I'm Sam the supervising producer on SG:H... Basically that means I turn up late for meetings and moan a lot ;)

I'm also in charge of the SG:H website and have written an episode in season one called Contagion...

Oh yeah and I run the offical 'I Love Lenny' fan club... :D
You moaners sure are creative! :D :p

Oh - I havn't really introduced myself because - well, it's already under my name and I know oodles of people around here so, hopefuly, word'll spread nicely that way. :D So yes, I'm the newest staff writer for SGH. I hope you all enjoy the series and tune in regularly for the newest series of adventures! I sure have! :)

Alex Rubit
August 25th, 2005, 10:04 PM

Those are a new feature for Season Two actually. Expect more of them, and expect them to pop up in different colors.

We should probably mention for all the new people that Lenny is kind of a nickname for Lenori. One of the characters did actually call him that in an episode. ;)

Just kidding about the pop up part.

Elite Anubis Guard
August 26th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Yes its a joke...there are no pop-ups, thank god. Im EAG or Aaron Percival, while not technically staff, Im freelancing this season with one confirmed episode and maybe...depending if he likes me one again later on the season. Im also one of the original fans of the series!

samjack4ever
August 27th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Yes its a joke...there are no pop-ups, thank god. Im EAG or Aaron Percival, while not technically staff, Im freelancing this season with one confirmed episode and maybe...depending if he likes me one again later on the season. Im also one of the original fans of the series!

Although you have given me an idea... :: Runs off to the SG:H website :: ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
August 27th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Oh my gawd....*runs off after sam to stop her doing anything crazy*

Chaosmaid
August 28th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Welcome! :) With that said I'm off to read.....

CM

Sobek
September 4th, 2005, 09:13 AM
I like it, adore it, love it, would hug it if I could... :D

StevetheWraith!
September 20th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Hi ya guys. I just wanted to say hi to everyone here on the boards, it looks like a fun place to be. I would also like Alex and Co for this awesome show and its many downloadable goodies; Magnus Ringblom for the awesome Evil theme. Bye

SierraGulf1
September 20th, 2005, 02:26 PM
I'm Mike, I joined the staff on Sunday, didn't get to write anything yet. I look forward to, maybe I'll get something tomorrow. I'm also a fan, however, and I'm very excited for Season Two, from the S2 eps I've read it's excellent.

Elite Anubis Guard
September 20th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Ball, and I PMed you about the SGU staff, grrr. Warnings would be nice...lol i kid.