This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guard for ring transport

Does any one ever wander why there is no guard for any of the ring transport in big ships. Prometheus or motherships.

For example, SG-1 can get on to an enemy ship without being detected; Kinsey got out of Prometheus with ease in "Full Alert"; and Vala ringed out of Prometheus without authorization in "Beachhead".

Starfleet transporters have filters that can disable weapons. What does ring transport have?

Yeah its weird that theres no guards

The ring transporter has no inbuilt features like that
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Its all part of they show. In real life they would have guards.But i have a good reason for full alert. Kinsey could have got a zat and zatted them three times, he did have a goa'uld inside him which wouldnt have minded doig that.
      Also the BC-303 ships run on a skeleton crew which means they could not place people to defend the ring transporters.
      And on Goau'ld vessels it could simply be the fact that they have never met special forces and so therefore think that such a small force which could be transported through the rings wouldn't be a threat.Though that could change due to the bravery and expertise of stargate command ,which could make life more difficult for them in the future.
      Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
      Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
      - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
      - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Good ol' Goa'uld arrogance...
        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
        VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
        MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
        LANDRY
        : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
        Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
        Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
        Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by nimitz
          Its all part of they show. In real life they would have guards.But i have a good reason for full alert. Kinsey could have got a zat and zatted them three times, he did have a goa'uld inside him which wouldnt have minded doig that.
          No, Kinsey's just a stupid lucky politician. (a polite term for the real term )

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

Ya, but with no guards SG-1 would have died twenty million times by now. Because the guards, as slow as they may be, would have shot immediatley.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
            X