Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have they considered using a stargate power node for power?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have they considered using a stargate power node for power?

http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/t...owernode.shtml

Device approximately the width of a Stargate, apparently designed to power a gate placed in outer space in the absence of a dial-home device. Space gates are equipped with three nodes placed at 120 degree intervals around the gate's outer edge. They may also be equipped with thrusters, which maintain the position of a Stargate in space.

Each power node is likely equipped with an Ancient power cell, possibly even a long-lasting Zero Point Module -- as the millenia-old space gate network requires power to be able to function without attached D.H.D.s. Lights illuminate the devices as they gently spin the floating gate in a clockwise motion.

It is also likely that the power nodes themselves illuminate all nine chevrons on a Stargate in a greater effort to show that they are active and in-use. Whether this technology is Ancient is not known for certain, but it is likely that the Ancients placed the gates in outer space, and thus equipped them with long-lasting power sources.
    Even if it isnt a ZPM it will be something good
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

that sounds really cool.
    Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
    Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
    - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
    - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Yes, it is a good idea. At least it is worth examining them.

Owen Macri

Comment

I wonder - is it even possible to remove them

Plus we would have to go by ship if we wanted one as we wouldnt be able to use the gate to get back
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the Puddle Jumpers and Wraith Darts themselves supply power to those gates. In "Condemned," they go to a gate with no DHD, but the PJ's still manage to power it. I think that the ancients figured that anyone who was able to fly in orbit would also be able to power the gate on their own.

Comment

the dhd on the jumper supplys the power needed to create a worm hole then once the gate gate is conected i think it 70% of the power it needs from the other gate

Comment

I believe it would be possible, however, you may not be able to put it back together, especially the way I would take it apart. lol.

RE: captain keys: I wouldn't think so only the power for the event horizon on the recieveing gate is the power which the recieving gate would be required to provide.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
              X