This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another "dual-use actor"?? SPOILERS "HOME"

Did you guys see the new preview pics of Atlantis' episode called HOME?

It seems to me that its NARIM who's sitting on Earth talking to somebody. Now the preview gives some doubt as to whether or not the events are 'real' (ie "things aren't what they seem") so perhaps the whole thing is a fantasy or some mind-control thingy (which while old, might be cool) and so the fantasy could include Narim or the Tollans -- or maybe this is just another in-your-face recasting of an actor in a different role.

If that's what it is, its the most blatant one yet, I think. Second maybe only to having Don S Davis come back as a Jaffa or something.

What do you guys think?

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...s/108_02.shtml

That's the pic I'm talking about. Is Narim Dr. Weir's hubby???

Its gotta be a dual-use actor thing going on here.

Comment

Yeah, it's the same guy playing a different character. It's not Narim returning. I kind of wish they wouldn't cast actors who have already played easily recognized recurring characters, but what are you gonna do...
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

yeah, I mean -- I'm sure Gate-watchers have an above-average sense of imagination, but its really asking a lot of your audience to suspend their disbelief FIRST -- in space aliens, and then SECOND -- in the fact that one person can be two people.

Sheesh.

Aren't there any more good actors hanging around Vancouver??

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
          yeah, I mean -- I'm sure Gate-watchers have an above-average sense of imagination, but its really asking a lot of your audience to suspend their disbelief FIRST -- in space aliens, and then SECOND -- in the fact that one person can be two people.

Sheesh.

Aren't there any more good actors hanging around Vancouver??

wait...wait..why is hammond in there?!?!?!

in the episode...

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
          Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
          Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Hammond is there because supposedly the Atlantis team gets back to Earth. So he must be the SG-1 cast member who gets to make the cross-over appearance.

Again, the spoilers hint pretty heavily that this might be a 'reset button' episode, in my opinion.

Comment

Narim is already the second recycled SG-1 actor, they've also casted Lt. Elliot (proving ground, summit, last stand) as Keras in Childhoods End

Comment

I know, its just that Lt. Elliot didn't seem to me to be as big a character to recycle as Narim. I guess I just liked Narim a lot. Whatever.

I do hope they don't try to give us Don S Davis as a Jaffa though.

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
                  I know, its just that Lt. Elliot didn't seem to me to be as big a character to recycle as Narim. I guess I just liked Narim a lot. Whatever.

I do hope they don't try to give us Don S Davis as a Jaffa though.
                  I don't mind "recycling" as long as the actor in question is not as easily recognizable as "Narim" - I have trouble remembering people's faces, and even I instantly thought "Hey, it's Narim!"

....and Hammond has successfully infiltrated a Jaffa meeting before!

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                  Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                  ~CELLO!~
                  ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

It's actually quite annoying to see his face as someone else. We know him as Narim and I'll keep think he is
                    __

__

Comment

not even a different hair cut or anything! I don't usually nit-pick anything having to do with SG, but man... THAT'S NARIM!

Comment

Does any one know Don S. Davis' role in Home?

And what do you mean by "reset-button episode"?

Comment

I agree. It's NARIM for goodness sake
                          __

__

Comment

by RESET-BUTTON I just mean that it feels like they won't actually be "home" in the episode, that it might be some kind of fantasy or trick.... just inferrnig from the tag at the end of the description "all may not be what it seems".

My guess (though I hope I'm wrong, actually) is that we'll realize at the end of the episode that they didn't actually make it home and they'll still be stuck in Atlantis/Pegasus galaxy

Comment

"The episode will also see the first Atlantis appearance for Don S. Davis, who returns to his famous role of General George Hammond."

Yep looks like this episode is an AU ONE or something because we all know he isn't in charge anymore.

I really hate when they get this dual casting crap, there are 6 billion plus people on earth, find another one! I like the idea of one person equaling one charter on a franchise.
                              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Working...
                              X