This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis becoming boring...

Atlantis has a problem ... i liked it in the beggining but it hasn`t grown ...

no change in theart ... same problem with power... no new allies... no new discoveries.... no new cool things in the city ... no new ancient information...

they just removed Ford who was fun .. and added Ronan who is like a big gorrila .. a stupid gorrila with a big shut gun ... who just killes people and looks nasty... scaring the enemies...

The story is boring ... sg1 was and i think is way better... enemies , ideeas , etc...

witch is more interesting?...

a unknown all powerfull ascended enemy - ORI -

or a half insect half human enemy - WRAITH - who sucks the life out of you like vampires?... stupid enemy too ... fooled by that stupid self destruct... any normal thinking entity whould have checked more....

when abydos exploded ... they dialed the gate antil they got an answer... the wraith didn`t even try ....

i`ve read some spoilers... i don`t think transforming wraith into humans is interesting.. blah... nor any other episode

if they don`t try to do something really fast to make the show interesting i`ll loose my interest in it

just wait to get info on the next eps just go to atlantis it doesn't tell u everything that happens just litte snips it got some good shows coming up
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sol4rDust

no change in theart ... same problem with power... no new allies... no new discoveries.... no new cool things in the city ... no new ancient information...
      I think it's still too young to have anysignificant changes in the art. They are still trying to establish continuity and background. I agree it would be nice to see new things in the city and more info about the Ancients but I don't think either of those things make for an exciting and suspenseful story with the action and danger that's central to every episode. We are learning things slowly but they are small and subtle.
      Spoiler:
      We know now that the ancients were working on a superweapon/power source and they worked with the humans to accomplish it. We know that they were very involved with the humans of Pegaus.
      I suspect it will continue along these veins so the show will have growth over time.

they just removed Ford who was fun .. and added Ronan who is like a big gorrila .. a stupid gorrila with a big shut gun ... who just killes people and looks nasty... scaring the enemies...

The story is boring ... sg1 was and i think is way better... enemies , ideeas , etc...
      Can't really disagree with you since that's obviously your personal preference but I think Ronan is interesting and he's already gotten more character development in one episode than Ford got all last season. He's a soldier, by definition he carries a big gun and shoots people. And he doesn't look all that nasty... kind of cute actually

or a half insect half human enemy - WRAITH - who sucks the life out of you like vampires?... stupid enemy too ... fooled by that stupid self destruct... any normal thinking entity whould have checked more....
      Once again, a matter of personal preference. Sg1 needs a greater enemy as an older show. Atlantis still needs room to develop so they can't start out with the biggest of the bads. If they had an Ori-like enemy it would either get old fast with their inability to defeat them or if they eventually did, the show wouldn't have much if any room to grow.

when abydos exploded ... they dialed the gate antil they got an answer... the wraith didn`t even try ....

i`ve read some spoilers... i don`t think transforming wraith into humans is interesting.. blah... nor any other episode

if they don`t try to do something really fast to make the show interesting i`ll loose my interest in it
      I think the Wraith should have checked too but it's not outside of their established mode of behavior so far. It's fairly presumptive to assume all alien species will react in the same way as humans, have the same curiosity and think along the same lines. I think it's silly of them not to but I'm willing to let the writers work that out with time.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Sounds like you’ve already decided you have no interest. No this…no that…no rat-a-tat tat.

We apparently don’t have the same.

I was luke warm at the beginning but have recently found the show to be more and more engaging. Think it’s starting to get real legs under it.

Ford’s ok (he’s still there), but think ‘Ronan the Barbarian’ adds a great new element to the team with lots of hidden potential, and just really like his character.

The team is tops, absolutely great interaction. Especially Sheppard, Mckay, the witty banter.

And as far as the ‘enemies’ aspect, just what kind are you looking for?

Methinks maybe thou doest protest too much, like one looking to just to try to raise the ire of it’s many, many fans.
        Last edited by nox2hed; 23 August 2005, 07:55 PM.
        Help! I'm standing up and I can't fall down!

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." (PB)

Comment

I realy like Dex's charecter. Just wait tell they get captures except for Dex. You know he will blast in their t save the day and kill anyone in his way. Much like O'Niell in eps. 1-5. Back when there was cussing and nudity.

I am with you on this hole humam mutating thing. What the _____.

Just hang in there. The show is still new. There is some interesting eps. coming up. Hopefully it is what you are looking for.
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I am sorry you don't enough it. Perhaps it is not the show for you.

I am looking forward to the future stories which sound to
            Spoiler:
            explain about who the Wraith are. I feel it is more then just a vampire race.
            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
            Individuality is freedom lived.
            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

i think as i have said in another post that at lantis should have a little more interaction with aspects of the sg1 universe, however im not displeased witht he show as a whole. adn the asguard on the daedalus is hilarious and look forward to seeing him in the future. I was glad to see the rodney charater get his ego severly bruised, but know he will probably fall back into his old ways. I fell like this show has a lot of poential and understand that it is not sg1. to be completly honest i think the ori are a nearly unbeatable opponent, but am just guessing its a way to get the asended ancients to interact with us more. im gonna stick both shows out as i really havnet got any other shows that i feel are worth the time for me to take time to watch as im rather busy. that in it self says a lot. i have been and always will be a fan of the idea of the stargate.

Comment

I, personally, like the show, and what they have done so far.

Remember, Atlantis is only in its second season. SG-1 is into its ninth season, and I wouldn't be surprised if info, or at least speculation about a tenth season where to begin surfacing at some point before the end of the year.

Heck, compared to some of the things that started happening in season 3 and beyond on SG-1, their first two seasons seem kind of dull, in comparison. After taking into account the latest episodes that have been out, watching them and then looking back to season 1 and 2 seems like watching another show intirely.

Give it time. 2 or 3 seasons from now, there's no telling what could happen.

Comment

the second season is abit early to get a new enemy, it took sg-1 4 years to get a new enemy in the form of the replicators, and 9 years to change the main enemy complelty

Comment

I'm enjoying Atlantis but still feel they are concentrating on fighting with the wraith a bit much. I didn't watch SG1 just for the fighting, I enjoyed them exploring new places and finding new people to interact with.
                    I'm not saying they won't do this later on in the season but SG1 had a good mix of shows all the way through the season, and although atlantis was like this in the first half of season one,they don't seem to be doing anything that isn't wraith related. I think the wraith are quite good as a villain but I don't want to know too much about them too soon.
                    As for ronon I think he's what atlantis needed , someone who challenges authority and thinks for himself. Ford deserves a chance at his new role as well and I think he should pop up for ages to come.

Comment

I think Atlantis is a terrific show and not at all boring and as long as it's got Sheppard and McKay in it I don't feel it will ever become dull.
                      From spoilers there are some fantastic shows coming up, Conversion, The Hive etc come to mind.
                      I personally love the Wraith and am looking forward to learning more about them. IMO they're much more frightening than anything that has appeared in SG1!
                      I've loyally watched SG1 since it's inception and I believe Atlantis to be stronger than SG1 was in it's early years. So give SGA a chance!
                      sigpic

Comment

Add a few Ozzys in to the mix!
                        It would make it alot better!
                        The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                        Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

"Becoming" boring? Atlantis has almost always been boring. It's only real gems were Rising, Letters From Pegasus, and The Siege. Pretty much all the rest has been filler.

I want to love Atlantis, I really do. It still has a lot of potential to be a great show. But as things stand now, I'm only really watching it because it is Stargate and because it's on between SG-1 and BSG. At this point, the only thing on the show I'm looking forward to is the episode "Michael," but I worry that it's execution will be botched. Only time will tell though.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

WARNING - S2 spoilers in reply

Originally posted by Sol4rDust
                            I actually love SGA, but I would be inclined to agree with that in a way. The characters aren't really developing much, which is one thing I like to see on shows above anything, and the lack of development is especially true of the lead character, John Sheppard. I have to hand it to Joe Flanigan, he's very talented to be able to 3D what is essentially still a very 2D character. And Weir, I can't even get the manipulative action of getting him promoted out of my head. What was that about?

I'm not denying there has been some growth in the characters...esp Carson Beckett who was getting bad-ass with that sniper rifle in 'Runner' considering he barely entertained the idea of holding a P90 in 'The Eye', and Ford with his new Wraith superpowers. But certain things, such as McKay and his constant whinning and self-servitude are getting as boring as RDA and the dumb act.

It is about time they started exploring more of the city at large me thinks. I cannot believe that anyone would be in a place like Atlantis over a year and not find some significant discoveries in the city. They don't even seem to have ventured from the little perimeter they set up when they first began habitating the city, and that is certainly another aspect of the show that I find very disappointing.

I don't agree there. Ford was very under-developed, and in a way, I think this season is probably better for his character, though I don't see how they are going to maintain the character into next season if RSW has a lead spot on another show...we'll have to see how that pans out. As to Ronon, I find his character quite intriguing. he's been fighting so long, just for his mere survival. Now he doesn't have to fight at every turn, he seems kinda lost and angry. What annoys me is, his character could have been what Teyla's was, if TPTB had bothered themselves to use her as more than just the obligatory SciFi Totty.

I don't actually think the Wraith arc is boring per sé, more that it's also underdeveloped as well. The Wraith are making all these token appearances in the show, which aren't really adding to their overall storyline, which in turn is diluting the way people think of them. They have kinda lost the edge, I have to say.

One of the biggest things TPTB need to sort out is the plotholes. 'Condemned' was absolutely rife with them. I spent so much time screaming at the PC monitor, cursing the stupidity of all the characters.

Whilst I have enjoyed something from every S2 episode so far, there are definitely plenty of issues that TPTB need to address, cos these 6 episodes have been nowhere near as stong as the opening 6 last season...maybe that's the problem, we are expecting to have the same wonder as we did with a new show last season.

Though with 'Trinity' things are starting to heat up a little...I thought that was a pretty good episode...
                            Last edited by knocknashee; 24 August 2005, 07:30 AM.

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Hi again ...

don`t get me wrong you all attaked me now and tried to explain to me that i`m wrong...

I LIKE the show..i really do... but i was just trying to say it has some problems .. i didn`t say it was hopeless...

its true Ford was underdeveloped but... they could have develop it in some other way ...

i like ronan .. but he is a cliche ... and what they did to ford is too ...

Big bad lost guy with no respect for authority
                              and Good guy with super powers but ..turned insane ..)

i like the show ... but i just feel that it could give more...
                              hope it will

Comment

Working...
                              X