This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMAZING Atlantis Advertising!!!

I have been very pleased with SciFi's advertisements for SG-1 Season Eight and Atlantis Season One. I have been enjoying the humurous spins and not so much just showing clips. From the guy reaching into his refrigerator and seeing an event horizon to the Americal Idol spoof. BUT WHAT REALLY IMPRESSED ME was at my local Regal movie theatre tonight. I went to see Spiderman 2 (which btw was good), but when I entered the theatre I saw a 10 FOOT STARGATE with a poster styled in the usual SciFi wavy line thing with the premier date, time, and obviously channel. I never expected to see an ad for Atlantis in my local movie theatre.

Terra Atlantis!

Wow the put one in the movies, didn't know theaters ever did that.

Guess they are doing the ad campaign right.

Chevron Nine - A Stargate Atlantis Fan Site

Check out Chevron Nine's exclusive new interview with Stargate Atlantis director David Winning

Comment

Dude, get a picture. I want to see that!

Comment

I had wanted to take a picture and post it here, but I did not have a camera with me at the movie. I will go back tommorow with the digital. I have to go back anyway to speak with the manager of the theatre. I am trying to see if I can keep it when they are done with the promotion.

Comment

Awesome!

Yep, Regal Cinemas is one of the sponsors for the "Get In the Gate" sweepstakes, I hear ...
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I'll tell you this: If I hear Weir say "We may never be able to return home" one more time, i'm going to destroy my TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesian
              I'll tell you this: If I hear Weir say "We may never be able to return home" one more time, i'm going to destroy my TV.
              Better not watch the pilot, then.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I went back today and was able to sneak in a picture of the promotion. I wanted to take more pictures, but after this several security officers started coming towards my direction so I stopped. Apparantly, the theatre doesn't like the idea of cameras (I dunno, something to do with piracy...), but I just explained to them what it was for and left.

Whatever the connection between Regal Cinemas and SciFi/NBC Universal, the ad is certainly in a high traffic location and eye catching (considering you need to walk through it to get to many of the theatres).

EDIT: I have the image as 1600x1200 resolution but shrunk it down for the boards. PM me if you want the original.
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that's pretty cool. I completely misinterpreted your first post. Before I saw the picture I thought you meant when you walked into the theater there was a stargate being displayed on the theatre screen before the movie. This is much cooler.
                  My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Sweet! Hey thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wow, I would love to put that in my room

definately a nice decoration

Check out Chevron Nine's exclusive new interview with Stargate Atlantis director David Winning

Comment

Damn...I really want that. I never see anything cool
                        "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Atlantis on time square

Comment

Well maybe I could set that one up on my roof....

man somsbody is getin after it over there at the Scifi Channel Advertsing Office

Comment

Whoa, this is just insanely cool!! If Atlantis isn't a success now, I'm gonna eat my hat!
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                              X