X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

symbols

im srry if this has been posted before but what are the earth gate symbols

Here's a link to a site that has the Symbols for the Earth Gate and the Atlantis Gate.

http://stargate.wikicities.com/wiki/Stargate

But if you were asking what they are, the glyphs represent Star Constellations lol
    "You get Two Hippies playing Drums on a lawn, the next thing you got is a College!" - Eric Cartman

"Nice!" - Jack
    "Well the Ancients like to fly in style..." - Daniel

Comment

no no no the symbols u dial to reach earth

Comment

After all my years i watching stargate i dunno earths gate address either , i would be grateful if someone would post the glyphs used to reach earth
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Ah right... its here

http://stargate.wikicities.com/wiki/Earth

And yeah, I've never remembered it past the first 2 symbols cause you never really see them do it *mumbles: "lousy camera angles"*
          "You get Two Hippies playing Drums on a lawn, the next thing you got is a College!" - Eric Cartman

"Nice!" - Jack
          "Well the Ancients like to fly in style..." - Daniel

Comment

Chevron 1 = Black
            Chevron 2 = Red
            Chevron 3 = Blue
            Chevron 4 = Yellow
            Chevron 5 = Orange
            Chevron 6 = Pink
            Chevron 7 = Brown (Po0 depending on Plannet)

Last edited by Stricken; 24 August 2005, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Thank You S.G.C
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

There was another thread about this, but oh well, the more, the merrier!

Owen Macri

Comment

thanks evrybody now i can shut my bro up

Comment

I've been wondering if Earth has a P3X-... address. Does it? or is there no need to assign one to it?
                    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                    LANDRY
                    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                    Mmm... Green...

Comment

it depends. the computer names (ie, p3X, etc) are based on the addresses position in space. If this was calculated from earth as a point of reference (which it probably was...) then the answer would be no, unless it has a really aweful one like P00-000...

has anyone noticed that in general, when in the Milky way we use P3X-..., and when in the Pegasus galaxy we use M32-... etc!?
                      "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Originally posted by cozzerob
                        it depends. the computer names (ie, p3X, etc) are based on the addresses position in space. If this was calculated from earth as a point of reference (which it probably was...) then the answer would be no, unless it has a really aweful one like P00-000...

has anyone noticed that in general, when in the Milky way we use P3X-..., and when in the Pegasus galaxy we use M32-... etc!?
                        Not true the plannet in Podigy was M... because it was a moon and not a planet in the the Milky Way the SGC team devised the planets to have P... and the Moons to have M...

Pegasus Galaxy who knows? i only know the above thanks to directors comentary and havent got Atlantis on DVD yet

Also when TPTB were deciding what to call the planets the idea of Atlantis and the Pegasus hadnt even been thought of

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                          Not true the plannet in Podigy was M... because it was a moon and not a planet in the the Milky Way the SGC team devised the planets to have P... and the Moons to have M...

Pegasus Galaxy who knows? i only know the above thanks to directors comentary and havent got Atlantis on DVD yet

Also when TPTB were deciding what to call the planets the idea of Atlantis and the Pegasus hadnt even been thought of
                          I'm sorry to have to say this, but the director is wrong. In another episode carter said that the computer name (P3X...) was created by the computer based on its symbol address, no on whether it is a moon or not - there is no way for the SGC to know whether or not it is a moon or not without visiting it first, and the name is assigned (by the dialling computer) before you visit it (or decide not to visit it, either way...). I think it was a series one ep, but i'll look it up... However, that is a crappy reason and that director should be fired (unless they're a good director, in which case they should just be whipped and taught a lesson). thanx for the info anyway, I should probably buy the dvd's, but i've already bin buying the mag+dvd collection so I can't at the mo...
                          "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

One thing I don't like is when they use names like p3x-555. If every letter/number referes to a different symbol, then the 555 is the same one repeated?
                            This is my sugnature!
                            Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

I don't think that they all reffer to diffrent symbols other wise we might have a P-3-X-23-45-3 or something.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                              X