This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gamer dies after gaming run for 2 days

i heard about this guy who was at a cyber cafe and played almost nonstop for 50 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, after he came home he droped dead from a heart attack. read more herecrazy gamer

EDIT:CRAP! , I JUST REALISED THIS SHOULD BE IN OFF TOPIC!, SORRY EVERYONE
    anyone up for some Armageddon?

Every so often I think that our world is so geared to the stupid people that I doubt Darwin's relevance. Then, however, a little gem like this comes along and my faith is restored...

FLAME ON!
    Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Wasn't there a previous case of this (also somewhere in Asia) about one, two years ago?

Something about when playing shoot-em-up games the mind thinks it's actually under attack and sends the body into overdrive... actually it's kinda like 'Avatar'.

Comment

I would never play a game for 2 days straight. I would stop after a couple of hours or less.
        sigpic

Comment

The guy must have been in terrible shape and have consumed massive amounts of caffine for something like this to happen.

Personally I think that this has been over hyped by the media, if it had been a construction worker (or any regular job) that had stayed up 50 hours watching television then there wouldn´t have been any news about it. People just seem to have predjudice against gamers

Still, 50 hours straight strikes me as being massively over the top, the longest I´ve played straight was around 7-8 hours and that left me wanting to get up and away from the computer.

Comment

There is a good chance that the guy had an underlying heart problem. And staying awake for an extended period puts a massive strain on the body, weather or not you are putting it under the increased strain of caffeen or adrenalin. It is also unlikely he was eating the right kind of food, which would also deplete the body.
            sigpic

Comment

It was probably a combination of different elements...

mind you, playing a game for 50 hours straight didn't do much to stop his heart attack.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yea this kinda thing happens all the time back when i used to actaully paly video games i went at diablo 2 for 14 hours
                My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

I doubt the playing the gam killed him, unless there were hidden messages in the game!

Comment

^ it was exhaustion. or was it.....

But th thing that really annoyed me, i read it in two separate papers and both used derogatory names to describe him! i mean fair enough, things like "nerd" and "geek" are not insulting to people who freely admit what they are (i will freely admit to being a geek and a nerd!) but the fact that the papers don't acknowledge the guy's death as a tragedy, they use headlines like "Games Kill nerd" etc. and make it out to be society's fault and no doubt use the tabloid's favourite phrase "political correctness gone mad" somehwere in there as they do day after day. they may as well have called the guy "a waste of space" and a "drain on society". They only fell slightly short of that barrier. incase you didn't notice, tabloid's really annoy me!!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

how can a game kill a person, the people who came up with the tabloids obviously have no brains themselves, mind you i never read the papers.

a game could only kill a person if it was something like a startrek holodeck with the saftey protocols off.

still it made me laugh that they tried to link the game and the death together, i mean for gods sake people arnt that stupid.....are they?
                      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

People can surprise you, in more ways than one. you know all those "young adults" that traditional scottish food is curry/chips. Unbelievable. Some people's lack of general knowledge, common sense and even a slight knowledge of their history and heritage is so........ infuriating. To answer your question, people can and a lot of the time ARE that stupid!!! They tend to believe whatever they read in tabloids. Words made and twisted to sell more papers. if only folk bothered to learn the facts and form their own opinion rather than spout what the sun tell them to. sorry if this seems harsh btw.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I hate to seem insensitive but: PWNED!!!!

Just kidding. You would think that the Cybercafe would have had the good sense to cut him off at some point. Bars do that if you drink enough. Maybe someone at that establishment should have told him to go home after he'd been there for more than 12 hours or so.

-IMF
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

probably did but he bit their heads off so they backed off. he he

Cafe owner: are you buying anymore coffee?

soon to be dead cybergeek: go away cant you see im on level 800!!!!!

cafe owner: i see that sir but you need to go home!

cyber geek: if you dont go away i will bite your head clean off and then play onto lever 801!!!

For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

It happened couple years ago as well with some guy doing Starcraft except I think it took him a week. I think some people just dont know the difference between playing a game and obsessing over it. When it starts becoming nothing but mounting stress, be it work or games, you got to let it go. I maxed at 8 hrs and have no desire to beat it. The closest I have come in recent years was 5 hours the other night but 3 of that was just trying to get the game to work (went better than I thougt it would).

Comment

Working...
                              X