This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble posting?

Is anyone else having trouble posting? This first started on Friday and is continuing today. I write a long post and when I go to submit, nada.

Also, the front page is not displaying normally, the header is moved down. Sorry I can't be more technical.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

The forum is a lot slower than usual but apart from that everything is ok for me
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

I suggest that anyone who's about to submit a long post uses the mouse to highlight the text and then presses "ctrl +c" which stores the text. You can do "ctrl + v" to retreive the text into another post later, if your first attempt fails.

Madeleine

Comment

I wonder of the forum needs to be pruned of old topics that haven't had any replies in a couple of months.

Comment

Have you tried a different message editor interface in your control panel? I noticed a few little bugs in the WYSIWYG editor, so just swapped back to the Standard Editor. Which is better IMO anyway

Comment

Okay I am having trouble here, and it starting to get IRRATATING!!

I would like to edit a post I made, So I hit the Edit button, change some pics to URL, and Centre some other stuff..

Then I hit the Preview Post button and then it goes into "NOT RESPONDING"

What is going on??

its it my computer or GW Forum!!

Please Help me!!
            Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
            sigpic
            Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Your computer try clearing the cache to do that go to tools and then internet options in IE - Click delete cookies and then delete files close the browser and try again
              In Firefox tools then options then privacy then click the clear button next to cache and restart the browser
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Ive had no problems, not even a speed issue.
                My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

I have speed issues all the time I sometimes get the codes to see or the background has gone white instead of gateworld blue
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

The white thing happens to me sometimes when I am quoting
                    love Torri

Comment

I have dial-up (ISP). Problems usually start when over 500 plus viewers/posters are trying to view web site at same time (same web site, but not necessarily the same forums).

I can log in, but sit and wait, then end up disconnecting my ISP. I'm actually logged in already at GW, but don't know that until I dial up again. Same happens with posting.

If posting a message, and this has happened in the past, so it's nothing new, the message does post, but I don't know that until I disconnect from my ISP and dial up again to view topic. Usually it's there. Only once did it screw up the order of posting, but I think that was an edit problem with the web program.

One other thing: when the ads try to load before the forums or specific forum topic, and sort of get stuck, that's another signal that I'll be sitting and waiting until I disconnect and dial up again. Unless something else is the problem instead, which the ISP cannot connect (usually) for internet traffic reasons.

Comment

i was having an issue, and i say was jsut because in the past 2 days it hasn't creeped up again. i would try to post, then IE woudl hang and drive my processor nuts until i shut it down

i don't have a virus or spyware. if you have IE, i would suggest heading over to microsoft and seeing if your browser needs an update. I needed a security update and since i've installed, things have been ok *knock wood*

it was only on GW, so that may not have been the total cause, however there might be something to do with it since this is the only BB that i frequent regularly
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          Your computer try clearing the cache to do that go to tools and then internet options in IE - Click delete cookies and then delete files close the browser and try again
                          In Firefox tools then options then privacy then click the clear button next to cache and restart the browser
                          Thanks for the information.

I increased my Cache also, and its working wonders

Thanks AGAIN!!
                          Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                          sigpic
                          Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Your welcome
                            love Torri

Comment

Ive been having problems logging in, posting, (trying) to read threads and its fairly slow even after i upgraded my connection to 3mb u/d.
                              I cleared the cache, ran scans for virus's and spyware(found nothing)
                              So is it just me or is GW slow lately???
                              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Working...
                              X