This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NASA's Cassini-Hyugens Mission to Saturn

Anyone hear about Cassini going into orbit around Saturn? It'll have finally reached Saturn tonight. It's suppossed to drop a probe onto the largest moon of Saturn. (Not sure about that, but I heard it on National Public Radio News...) EDIT: It'll drop the Hyugens probe onto Titan in January 2005.

This is a rather interesting question, but do you think humans will ever go to one of these moons and colonize / terraform it? Especially with global warming / overpopulation? Could the moons of Jupiter and Saturn become our next homes? Mars is another possibility, but what will happen if we terraform it and kill that planet, too?

For more information on Cassini, here's a link to it on the Nasa site: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ca...ain/index.html

i saw it in PopSci, the moon they are landing on supposedly has lakes of hydrocarbons on it. i think they are deploying the probe on christmas day. should be pretty cool.
    Jack:"Oh I don't know I just can't imagine cute little furry things making big powerful weapons"
    Jonas:"I don't even know what they look like"
    Jack:"Furling, sounds cute and fuzzy to me"
    --Paradise Lost 615
    Thor: "We can only hope this is the last footwear to fall"
    --Unnatural Selection 612
    Jack: I'm Larry, this is (points to Sam) Moe, and of course everybody's favorite (referring to Daniel) Curly.
    --Seth 302

"Nu ani Anquiatas" - "We are the ancients"

Comment

Working...
    X