This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient weapons and other shields

Hello all, I had a post kind of like this earlier but it seems to have disappeared. In the ep. trinity
    Spoiler:
    we see a weapon that is supposed to be as strong as if not stronger than the sat. we saw last season. The dadealus got hit be a couple blasts though and didn't get hurt
    . So I would like to know how strong are Asgard shields and do wraith have shields on their ships?
    "Those who sow the wind might reap the whirlwind."

"Only God knows everything and he works for the Mossad."

i think asgard shields are the best, but i think the ancients were able to make the strongest power sources. example if they just put the ZPM in the Deadalus it would be almost invincible, except for it has weak attack weapons. also i think the wraith dont have shields, i think they depend on offense and sheer numbers to win fights. but im only guessing

Comment

I think ancients mostly focus on building or making

1.Stargates
      2.Power source
      3.Shield

Plus their millions of years of knowledge and research which the humans and
      even the asgards barely scratch the surface.

Comment

If the Wraith do have shields, Ancient weapons have no trouble with them, as shown in "The Siege, Part one".

Comment

i could be wrong but, wasn't the weapon only powered 40%? then again, the energy kept going up and down at random so... good question
          I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

I really got probs with this earth ship ****.
            Well all our ships got Asgard designed shields... great.

Now how the hell can the daedalus take on several hive ships + darts when it cant even take down 2 hataks ships?

The Prometheus got asgard shields maybe abit weaker cause of power.
            It takes several Gliders and Alkesh to take it down.

The Ancient weapon was powered by something that is alot more powerfull then ZPMs... even at 40% it should be already more powerfull then most of the know weapons.

The daedalus gets several hits by it and dont lose shield something is wrong with the writers...

Maybe they should start looking at other episodes -_-

Comment

maybe the big D did lose shield integrity, they didnt show inside the bridge of the Deadulas, where the crew could have been panicking because the shield was down to 20% and they just barely escaped because they jumped into hyperspace.

You never know that could've happened
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Wraith don't have shields.
                As for the weapon, i think its devastating effect comes from its rapid fire mode as see in the episode.
                And since the weapon was not realy aiming at anything in particular, exampel, concentrate its fire on the Big-D, it was able to withstand those hits rather easy.
                Look at how many hits the shield took in siege part 3 before going down.
                Come to think of it, the ancient weapon looked atlot like an salvaged wraith hive ship gun. Same rapid fire, same bolt color, same sound.

anyway, i think the main point is that the weapon was just randomly firing at the deprie in orbit and not particulay amining to destroy the deadlaus, therefore it was able to get away rather easy.

OTOH if the weapon would have concentrated its fire on the Deadlaus, it should have been toast in seconds.

Comment

So the reason the weapon was supposed to be better than the sat. was not because the power of each blast but the fact that if it aimed at you, you would be hit multiple times in fast succesion? Also, although it started out at 40%, I do believe it the power level kept going up until it overloaded that is why it started firing, to get rid of the excess power.
                  "Those who sow the wind might reap the whirlwind."

"Only God knows everything and he works for the Mossad."

Comment

From my understanding, the weapon is not ancient design. The ancients just created the energy source, and used it to power the weapon as an experiment.

And who knows, the weapon probably has many different modes, like disable, blow up, or wipe out entire fleet. It could well be stuck to the lowest power output level, hence why the release of energy was not enough, the pressure builds up, and the entire solar system blow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhawk
                      I really got probs with this earth ship ****.
                      Well all our ships got Asgard designed shields... great.

Now how the hell can the daedalus take on several hive ships + darts when it cant even take down 2 hataks ships?
                      The Daedalus never fought Ha'taks.

The Prometheus got asgard shields maybe abit weaker cause of power.
                      It takes several Gliders and Alkesh to take it down.
                      The only time when the Prometheus was disabled by gliders and Al'keshs was when its shields were down. In "Lost City" the Prometheus was able to sustain continuous fire from Anubis's mothership before its shields went down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimeron
                        From my understanding, the weapon is not ancient design. The ancients just created the energy source, and used it to power the weapon as an experiment.

And who knows, the weapon probably has many different modes, like disable, blow up, or wipe out entire fleet. It could well be stuck to the lowest power output level, hence why the release of energy was not enough, the pressure builds up, and the entire solar system blow up.
                        I kinda agree with ya on that one, except the bit about not being ancient design, it looked fairly ancient to me .
                        But the power thing i agree with, we dont know fully how it worked, so its possible that the weapon was on a differant mode and energy output level.
                        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

The reason the weapon was so affective was because it was able to carry on firing constantly, aslong as the Ancients could keep the power stable.

The Daedalus's sheilds would have been able to take a few hits without major panick and would only have stuck around until the PuddleJumper was through the gate and then jumped to hyperspace. I think the Asgard sheilds have the potential to be as powerful as the Ancient sheilds but its just a matter of power requirements.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by sven
                            If the Wraith do have shields, Ancient weapons have no trouble with them, as shown in "The Siege, Part one".
                            I agree there's no evidence that the wraith have shields. In the lost city part 2 the sheilds on the goa'uld mother ship made no diff to the drones which had be suggested in other threads to be the reason that wraith didn't concentrate their efforts on shields and instead on other things, like armouring thier ships. Maybe that ancient sat. in the seige part 1 would have the same effect even with shields. As for the ancient weapon in Trinity, I havent seen that ep but the Daedulas could take quite abit of fire from the wraith ships when it first appeared and when it was attacking 12 of them. It had to leave sooner when it attacked the 12 hive ships as it was getting far more fire at once than from that trinity weapon.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's was Not an Ancient Weapon. It was a weapon built by the Humans that lived on that planet not the Ancients; the Ancients only provided the power source.

Pay Attention to the flipping show people

And from now on please post topics like this in the Science and Tech Section

Comment

Working...
                              X