Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry but I gotta ask about Atlantean shields(possible SG-1 Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry but I gotta ask about Atlantean shields(possible SG-1 Spoilers)

In the last episode of SG-1 the goual'd "Nerus" modified the forcefield to take the energy of the jaffa and tauri's weapons and fuel the forcefield itself to encapsulate the entire planet. That was pretty sweet so it got me to think that if Nerus could do it why didn't the Atlanteans think about using a similar tactic against the Wraith and that way they could have protected entire planets from the Wraith and still been passive in their nature.

Originally posted by LincolnFord
    In the last episode of SG-1 the goual'd "Nerus" modified the forcefield to take the energy of the jaffa and tauri's weapons and fuel the forcefield itself to encapsulate the entire planet. That was pretty sweet so it got me to think that if Nerus could do it why didn't the Atlanteans think about using a similar tactic against the Wraith and that way they could have protected entire planets from the Wraith and still been passive in their nature.
    I don't think Nerus was the one who engineered that particular trait to the Beachead forcefield. I think that was of the Ori's design. Nerus's part in it was limited to just relaying the "hit it hard with everything you've got" info that was crucial to the plan.

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
      I don't think Nerus was the one who engineered that particular trait to the Beachead forcefield. I think that was of the Ori's design. Nerus's part in it was limited to just relaying the "hit it hard with everything you've got" info that was crucial to the plan.

-IMF
      I agree with you, but, if the Ori know how do do this, It stands to reason that the Ancients could have known as well. Although this technolgy was probably built with knowledge gianed from ascension but who knows...

Perfecto!

Comment

The Ancients used ZPMs, the Ori was using a singularity to span galaxies, that is why they needed others to power their shield, now I would ask why didn't they just build ZPMs of their own, but I don't think all their knowledge is the same, or at least not the ways in which they choose to apply it.

Comment

Working...
        X