This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airsoft guns vs. Blank Firing Replicas

I've heard a few rumors flying around that in most episodes on stargate sg-1.
    The team actually uses airsoft weapons instead of blank firing replicas.

Either one is fine by me, because they both aren't 'real'.
    But I was wondering if there was any proof that they used airsoft guns at all.

Sorry if this was brought up before, I couldn't 'search' for any topic like this.

"Kek'ba Shol'va!"

hi there,
    i dont know if this thread has been covered before either but, as a guy who owns a pile of airsoft guns i can tell you this; airsoft guns don't spit fire like a blank firing replica. also i know that they aren't all replicas RDA was the only team member with a p-90 in season 8 because of the second iraqi war, p-90 shells were in short order and as they used the real thing with blank filled cartridges RDA was the only one allowed to fire it. as far as airsoft guns go they may be used as non firing props in the background, but when fired the difference becomes very obvious.

Comment

Oh and did anyone ever notice that no mater how many rounds they let off, they always have a full magazine!! I guess its one of the disadvantages of having see-through magazines for a tv show.

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
        Oh and did anyone ever notice that no mater how many rounds they let off, they always have a full magazine!! I guess its one of the disadvantages of having see-through magazines for a tv show.
        ROFLMAO, never noticed that
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Brocov
          I've heard a few rumors flying around that in most episodes on stargate sg-1.
          The team actually uses airsoft weapons instead of blank firing replicas.

Either one is fine by me, because they both aren't 'real'.
          But I was wondering if there was any proof that they used airsoft guns at all.

Sorry if this was brought up before, I couldn't 'search' for any topic like this.
          Well, in "The Nox" their "tranquilizer guns" were actually paintball guns. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

I too own a few airsoft-guns...
            unfinishedlegend was right about airsoft guns being used as possible non-firing props.

Season 2 [Ep: 'Matter of time']
            ...It's around the time the special-ops team is about to investigate the incommunication with cheyenne mountain and the surfice...

It's a daylight scene which means I know what I saw for sure.
            The airmen-guard who is walking around the shaft edge, if you look close...
            The shell ejection system is not visible at all! Instead all you'll see is a black closed barrel chamber, glossed over just as the rest of the gun is.

I am 100% sure that airsoft guns were/are used in the show as props.

Thank everyone for all your feedback on this matter!

"Kek'ba Shol'va!"

Comment

They probably are, for soldiers and stuff when they won't really be focused on, so they don't have to spend as much money.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
              X