This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Many Hairdos of Samantha Carter

To show appreciation for the every-changing hairstyles of Carter from season to season (and to be a bit shallow, mind you ), here are some pictures from each season in addition to AU Carter and Replicarter. Which one looks best on the incredibly talented Amanda Tapping (Samatha Carter)?

Season One (from Emancipation)
    Somewhat long and combed back...

Season Two (from Out of Mind)
    Cut a bit shorter and not so much combed in one direction.

Season Three (from Past and Present)
    A bit of a mix between seasons one and two.

Season Four (from Small Victories)
    Too long for the military, over her ears. Changed it back later in Season Four.

Season Five (from Desperate Measures)
    Shortest she's ever made it, looks like something the military would accept.

Season Six (from Unnatural Selection)
    Still pretty short and accurate.

Season Seven (from Space Race)
    Longer again, and if you'll allow me to be shallow, a very attractive haircut.

Season Eight (from Gemini)
    Pretty much the same as Season Seven, still liking it.

Season Nine (from The Fourth Horseman I)
    Longer, perhaps too long for the military again, bearing similarities to Seasons Seven and Eight. Also a bit wet looking.

Replicarter (from Reckoning II)
    Front and back combed to the side, sinister looking.

Alternate Universe Carter (from Point of View)
    Very long, past the shoulders. Real Carter would be kicked out of the military for this.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Theres a site about this somewhere let me see if i can find it
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Here it is http://tapping.stargate-sg1.hu/da_hair.php

They havent put up season 9 yet
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Thanks. I was looking for a way to kill time.
        Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
        Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
        Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
        Stargate Destiny, Fan
        Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

S1-6 hair was best I think. I'm not really a fan of the wet/feathered look. Close, short, boyish cut, yeah, that's pretty cool....
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I like the new look
            love Torri

Comment

Argh! The wig of evilness AT does look good with long hair (she had long hair in one of the extra features in S7 Dvd) but that wig was quite awful.

My personal fave is from S4, tho i do like from S7 onwards.
              I wasn't a fan of the short hair.

Comment

Personally, I thought she looked better in early Season 4. The really, really short hair did not look good to me.

I have a question. Women in the military are allowed to have long hair if they pull it back in a braid or bun, right? Something about it not touching the collar or back of neck? That is what my sister did when she was in the Army. Anyway, I've always wondered why they haven't allowed Carter to have long hair, just pull it back. They let Janet. You think that's what AT was trying to do early Season 4? Just that the Real Air Force PTB got upset (that's what Peter Deluise said in a Season 4 DVD commentary)?

I agree about the wig. The one in There But For the Grace of God looked WAY better.

Spoiler:
                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Heres some screenshots with her new hairstyle:

love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                    Heres some screenshots with her new hairstyle:

I like the season 3/4 longer hair. Nice and girly, and she should have been allowed to keep it like that! The hair from season 7 onward is nice, though. The new pics look good (is it just me, or is she looking younger with her hair like that?)
                    I really, really don't like the short, severe stuff. It's too butch!!!

Comment

I read somewhere that the really short hair early in season 6 was due to a botched haircut they were trying to fix. Anyone else hear that & know the source? I like all her styles except the really short hair & the bad AU wig. I thought her long hair looked pretty good in the Season 8 opener, though.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                        The new pics look good (is it just me, or is she looking younger with her hair like that?)
                        Yes she looks younger
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          Yes she looks younger

There's no way she looks 40! She has really good skin. Will probably always look younger than she is.
                          The hair is sooooo much better in the new pics, and yes, to everyone who's said it, that wig was hideous!!!!! Just vile! I can't believe they made her have that hair. They did the 'alternate universe' hair much better in There But For the Grace of God. (I love that ep.....)

Comment

Working...
                          X