This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better of Worse: SG1/Atlantis

So I've only been able to read the transcript but from what I've read so far, Atlantis is proving to be more enjoyable than SG1 so I was wondering what other people thought of the pair....and of this season in general actually!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Last Season, I prefered Atlantis, however, thus far this season I prefer SG-1. That might change now that Vala is gone.

Comment

I like SG-1 better. But I have had 8 1/2 years to grow to love it this much. I hope I get equal time with Atlantis then I will be able to make a fair comparison. I do think Atlantis Season 1 was one of the best season 1s of any sci-fi shows including SG-1 and B5.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

1st & 4th ep -Atlantis
        Others - SG1
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I enjoyed the 1st season of Atlantis much more than season 8 of SG-1. I think it's becuase I was getting a little bored with the SG1 and Atlantis provided a something similar yet new.

However I'm enjoying season 9 of SG-1 a little more than season 2 of Atlantis. With SG-1's cast adjustments and a whole new enemy it's sort of a like a new start to the series which i think will do it some good.

Comment

S1 of Atlantis was excellent. I was very sceptical of the show and it proved me wrong. Haven't seen S9 of SG1 yet and only have seen up to ep 3 of S2 of SGA, but I have to admit from what I read about both shows, SGA seems better at the mo.
            sigpic

Comment

I think that I'm enjoying Atlantis a bit more than SG1. The cast is great but I miss Vala and Jack.

Comment

I'm like SG-1 more but there aint alot between the two, I find the Ori a much more interesting enemy than the wraith and am loving the changes to sg-1. Atlantis eps are good but imo they aren't keeping u gripped like sg-1, it's like with sg-1 after each episode I really wanna see the next but with atlantis I'm just like *episodes finished was a good ep*. Don't get me wrong I'm really liking Atlantis especially Mckay in 'duet' (a must see episode) but I'm not glued to the screen when it's on like I am with SG-1.

Comment

I enjoyed s1 of Atlantis much more than s8 of SG1 last year. But I did watch and enjoy most of the SG1 eps.

This season, I find myself really looking forward to the Atlantis eps while multitasking during the SG1 ones. That's probably because the early eps have had so much McKay. I never turn down more McKay.
                  I blame my indifference to SG1 on all the character and plot changes in the early eps, which I found to hurt s9 more than help it. We'll see what happens now that Vala is gone; maybe I'll magically find a renewed interest in s9.

Comment

I loved SG-1 S8 and SG-A S1, but of the two I liked Atlantis better. However, I'm enjoyed S9 more than S2. I love all four of the seasons mentioned though, don't get me wrong. Like someone said, I'm now pining for the next SG-1 whereas with Atlantis I'm like "That was great! Time to do something else." SG-1 is more like "That was great! Nuuuuu, another week!" I prefer not to compare them in general though.
                    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                    Stargate Destiny, Fan
                    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I love Atlantis, but I'm just not loving it as much this season as last. And I don't know why, I can't really put my finger on it, it's just a vibe I'm getting.

SG-1 on the other had, I'm liking more this season, the Ori are cool and we are seeing something new for a change, while I found last season a bit dull and frantic.

So right now, the two shows are about even in my eyes.
                      Not that it really matters, I watch them for different reasons anyway.
                      Malaka
                      {Muse in Training}

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
                      Do not go gentle into that good night,
                      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

im enjoying the both shows equally, SGA is grrrreat and SG1 is grrrreat , although i do miss jack in SG1 . Stargate is the best sci-fi show that was ever created!!!!
                        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

SG1 has been more enjoyable as it has had a story arc that I find more satisfying. Atlantis is certainly episodic TV and has been meandering through the season. Adding new characters has been great for both shows, Vala's short lived episodes were lively and highly enjoyable. Ronon also, has been an excellent addition so far.

Thumbs up for both shows.

Comment

It is a difficult comparison. I would have to say that I like SG-1 better overall, but Atlantis has been putting out some good episodes too. I think I need to give Atlantis some more time before making a real decision.

Comment

I'm enjoying Atlantis more this season than sg-1 this season. Last season I looked forward to both every week pretty equally.

Comment

Working...
                              X