This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala-Dictorians: For everyone who wants Vala to stay

So Carter is coming back. I don't mind that, but I wish Vala would stay on SG-1 and they would just let Sam stay behind at Stargate command. She's getting old and now that her dad's gone, Jack's gone, Pete's gone, there really isn't anything left for her character other than technical exposition which could be left back at base.

Teal'c still has an interesting character with the whole free Jaffa nation he has to work on and now we have Mitchell and Vala's characters. I like Mitchell's enthusiasm and Vala has a whole character that could be explored; and I love her and Daniel's mischievous banter. It's entertaining and bring's a new freshness to the group. I hope they don't kill Vala off. That would suck.

oy,
    I respectfully disagree, but I guess theres no point into going into it again.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I love Vala's character, and I think that she should stay as well. Though, I want Sam back on the show as well, so there's probably no way to work around that.

Comment

Originally posted by RJ-45
        So Carter is coming back. I don't mind that, but I wish Vala would stay on SG-1 and they would just let Sam stay behind at Stargate command. She's getting old and now that her dad's gone, Jack's gone, Pete's gone, there really isn't anything left for her character other than technical exposition which could be left back at base.

Teal'c still has an interesting character with the whole free Jaffa nation he has to work on and now we have Mitchell and Vala's characters. I like Mitchell's enthusiasm and Vala has a whole character that could be explored; and I love her and Daniel's mischievous banter. It's entertaining and bring's a new freshness to the group. I hope they don't kill Vala off. That would suck.

sam's old?

oy.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          sam's old?

oy.

sally
          Hear hear....crikey if Sam's old then that means I'm old, *shudders at what the youth of today consider old*.

Comment

Im 22 and i have like 7 gray hairs, does that make me old?

Comment

Originally posted by GoVols
              Im 22 and i have like 7 gray hairs, does that make me old?
              Depends where the grey hairs are. Seriously are you counting them? I gave up years ago.

Comment

YES!!! More Vala Please!

Comment

me too i prefer her than carter. but having them both would would be great

Comment

Small doses only please...

Comment

I'm loving Vala. I liked her well enough after Prometheus Unbound but I really wasn't sure how she was going work out being in the first 6 episodes but so far after the first 4 I've loved her. I do admit that sometimes the innuendo gets a bit much but I think it works well as setting off her more "serious" or intelligent moments and really get the sense she's someone with more depth than we've seen yet. She's got great chemistry(not in the shippy sense just in the character and performance sense) with all three guys--Daniel, Mitchell and Teal'c, though obviously she's worked most with Daniel so far. Claudia's performance brings so much energy to the screen and she's a capable of not only the broad strokes but the really subtle stuff.

I don't think she should replace Sam but I'd love it if she was around much more often instead of losing after episode 6. But I guess at least we can look forward to her next appearance as we do other favorite recurring characters.

Comment

While I do agree that Vala should be around after this stint on sg-1, I want Carter back too. I think Vala would just be great to stumble upon from time to time. She's certainly developed into a much better, more complete character than where she started from in "Prometheus Unbound". Give CB credit for doing such a good job in this role. It's a far cry from her role on farscape, but she's been great.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority, but I can't stand Vala. I find her "witty" repartee with Daniel and her "I'm too cool to move" attitude sickening. I'll be saying "Good riddance" when she leaves.

Comment

if they continue to write Vala into the storylines, they have to expand on her character. No more of this "biggest-*****-in-the-galaxy" attitude, i want to see some growth in her. Seriously, we know she's a *****, we don't need to see it in every episode. Make her grow, show some OTHER characteristics. Show a serious side. Show us she has potential. Show us she's worth more than some cheap, cheap comedic relief. As of right now, i can't help but hate her because she's so bland and one-sided. Jokes only go so far, and she doesn't even have very good jokes!
                            'A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." '
                            --Neil McCauley
                            Heat

Comment

i am torn between my loyalties to vala and sam... i wish we could keep them both!

i love sam because we know so many aspects of her character and im comfortable with her because she is fairly predictible and familiar.

i love vala because she and sam are polar opposites and i would love to see their characters play off each other. imagine the verbal assult that could go on between those two

sniff sniff im gonna miss vala, but it will be bittersweet with the return of sam

Lizbeth
                              das haus ist gelb. ich liebe gelb!!

MySpace

Comment

Working...
                              X