This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? on the Asgard & Atlantis

Can anyone tell me why the heck Hermoid or another Asgard isn't helping Rodney and Co. with the Atlantis technology and specifically something like the vacuum energy weapon from the Trinity episode?. While watching Trinity I kept asking myself why. I know Rodney is very smart (and arrogant), so why isn't Hermoid or another Asgard scientist there with the Tauri scientists helping?.

Is it simply the fact that producing episodes with a walking talking Asgard cost alot?.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Its expensive having an asgard character so they will use him sparingly
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Good question!

I think it's because the entire episode was designed specifically so that they would fail in an incredibly disasterous manner, even at the cost of any semblance of plausibility.

Zelenka: "Hey Rodney, according to my tests, these experiments change the laws of physics around them."

Rodney: "No worries, I can adapt for it... Wait, this is going a lot hotter than I predicted!"

Shepard: "Uh... then maybe we should shut it off?"

Rodney: "Nah, don't worry, I can handle it."

I mean seriously, WTF?

Comment

Probably because they know that the Asgard would object to the tests. The Asgards aren't too happy about humans messing around with technology that are way over their heads.

Comment

Still, i said before when i learned that there was going to be an Asgard in this season and ill say it again, they shouldnt of brought in Hermoid because now Alantis will either turn to him for everything or TPTB will just try to ignore him like in this episode which is just stupid and puts holes in the plot. I thought Hermoid was very funny in the episodes he appeared and i liked him but im sticking to my guns that they shouldnt of brought him in.

Comment

They have no respect for the ASGARDS!!!!
            We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

I think Hermoid may be responsible for helping Beckett perfect the de-Wraith technology.
              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                I think Hermoid may be responsible for helping Beckett perfect the de-Wraith technology.
                i think the asgard Hermoid will have to stay aboard the tauri's ship Deladus.

we only see him in Siege Pt 3 and Intruder, we may or may not able to see him again till later. i don't think Hermoid is allow to help them probably order by the asgard Leader.

Hermoid has no choice to stay aboard the ship and keep it eye on the hyperdrive and beaming technology in case if something is wrong.

Comment

the asgard arent available for every ep because they are conducting research on earth as to why people go to mcdonalds out of their own free will and then sue because they got fat
                  The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
                    Alantis will either turn to him for everything or TPTB will just try to ignore him like in this episode which is just stupid and puts holes in the plot.
                    I agree SmartFox, it does put holes in the plot. The Asgard want as much Ancient tech as they can get there hands on, plus they have a much better chance of figuring it out than we do.

Like Qasimjavid and I suggested early on this thread, the price of making an episode with a walking talking Asgard costs alot to produce, plus the fact that the Asgard are so well liked by most if not all SG fans (including myself) that maybe putting Hermoid in to many episodes will really take away intrest on the other main Tauri characters.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

This episode was just one big plot hole all around. The only thing missing was Samual L Jackson coming on screen, grabbing Rodney by the collar, and screaming, "Are you TRYING to blow up this facility?"

Comment

There are know plotholes. Show me a real plothole and I change my statement. Just because they didn't have an Asgard doing the research doesn't make it a plothole For all we know Hermi isn't even a Scientist. He could be an enginere that anly knows about hyperdrives and beaming tech.
                        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

No, the plot hole is the fact that Rodney was pretty much doing everything he could to rush the process even in the face of serious questioning, despite the fact that he claimed that he learned from the Ancient's lesson not to rush things, and despite the fact unlike the Ancients there wasn't anything here actually compelling him to rush himself. This means doing the dumbest things possible in order to insure complete and utter failure, such as not consulting the Asgard.

Someone pointed out that the fact that the Daedalus guy was able to send information back to Earth on Rodney's experiment and get a response back without anyone else knowing suggests that either he managed to access Daedalus subspace communications, or that he had enough time to go back to Earth physically.

Either way, they should have also been able to contact the Asgard, but didn't.

Comment

They could actually be refering to him offscreen, sending him information. All they need do is make a passing comment regarding to Hermoid said this and that. Or he's got some sort of asgard quarters on the Daedalus so he's more comfortable there.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

ok i think i understand that it cost a lot of money to make asgards characters, but like
                              are they cgi because i remember i saw in scifi channel sometime ago like in season 6 when they showed an actual made asgard so like if they have them how is it going to make the budget worse?
                              sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

Working...
                              X