X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three cheers for....

What are you excited about,
    what do you simply want to say "yay" about?

I have two things today>>

Yay for my unexpected day off, and

an extra big yay for the mods and the admins - without whom this entire site would be non-existent twinkle in someones eye.

so three very very big cheers for all those in charge of the love that is the GW site!!

Originally posted by Jafana
    an extra big yay for the mods and the admins - without whom this entire site would be non-existent twinkle in someones eye.
    Goodness, yes!!

Also: three cheers summer vacation... it's boring, but it's "Stay up until sunrise on the computer" time, "Do no work except cleaning and required reading" time.

Comment

Hey!

I was gonna start a 'yay for the moderators' thread. You stole my idea lol.

Though I guess this isn't exactly that thread. But still. Within my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you.

But how awesome are all the mods for keeping this forum the way it is. I spent some time on a couple of other stargate forums recently and couldn't believe the stuff I was reading.

I'm glad this is such a friendly, peaceful place And I'm glad we have so many great mods that all do such a good job.

Three cheers for them, YAY!

Comment

I just want to add to my post and say that i found out some other really YAY news about an hour ago...

(for those of you who haven't yet heard my whinging about the fact that Australia is only up to season four.. actually, only on pre-order for season four!)

Rather than waiting till august 29th as was originally supposed to be the release date, the date has been brought forward to JULY 9!!!!

wooo and hooo

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
          (for those of you who haven't yet heard my whinging about the fact that Australia is only up to season four.. actually, only on pre-order for season four!)

Rather than waiting till august 29th as was originally supposed to be the release date, the date has been brought forward to JULY 9!!!!
          They're only up to s4!? How in the world do you survive? That really stinks. I feel bad for you, but yay! For getting it almost two months early.

Oh, and YAY for espresso machines... !! (I just discovered I have one... and that I can make myself double-shots. Bring on the finals, I'll be all set!)

Comment

...Sainsburys. I'm having a very busy and stressful week at work and this evening I got home to find a card from Sainsburys entitling me to a free box of chocs 'cause my birthday is imminent. It really cheered me up.

And three cheers for the forum being up and running for me today.
            Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh send me some chicken apricot pie from Sainsburys!!!! I don't know how to make it and you cannot get that in Texas.

Three cheers? 1) GW 2) great mods 3) Splenda (if you haven't tried it - it's wornderful!)
              sigpic

Comment

They have chicken & apricot pie??? Mmmmmm sounds yummy. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceminx
                  chicken & apricot pie???
                  No offense, as I've never heard of this restaurant (as I am assuming this is one)... but chicken and apricots in the same pie really doesn't sound appetizing.

Prove me wrong: is it any good?

Comment

Y'know, I see a thread like this, cheering the mods, and I have this overwhelming compulsion to be all snarky and to talk down to our fine moderators.

Comment

yes...i was on the scifi boards just looking...what a mess...

granted i complain about some things but all in all the gateworld forums are run pretty well...compared to alot of forums out there....

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                      Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                      Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by AbydosTraveller
                        No offense, as I've never heard of this restaurant (as I am assuming this is one)... but chicken and apricots in the same pie really doesn't sound appetizing.

Prove me wrong: is it any good?
                        It isn't a restaurant its a supermarket but I can't prove you wrong because I haven't tried that particular pie yet.

I've had a chicken & mango & mayonnaise sandwich in a bar in Manchester which was lovely though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Y'know, I see a thread like this, cheering the mods, and I have this overwhelming compulsion to be all snarky and to talk down to our fine moderators.
                          Well then, get started; we're all ready! Just don't do it in this thread or we'd have to mod you for being off topic...

Comment

If you like lemon chicken or orange chicken, you're already ready to try fruit and chicken together. A British meat pie is not to be missed. It's mainly chicken with the apricots (and maybe almonds) on the top. Delightful. You can get it at Harrod's food place too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                              If you like lemon chicken or orange chicken, you're already ready to try fruit and chicken together. A British meat pie is not to be missed. It's mainly chicken with the apricots (and maybe almonds) on the top. Delightful. You can get it at Harrod's food place too.
                              my mum used to always make us apricot chicken - I would imagine it would be something similar..
                              I loved it. - yay for mixing different foods for delicious taste sensations.

Comment

Working...
                              X