Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Trivia and Detail Questions Here!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Your Trivia and Detail Questions Here!

Please let me know if this is already in existance elsewhere, I tried to be thorough in my search....

Are you writing a Fanfict that's maybe not quite ready for a beta, but still needs some trivia or details sorted out? This is the place to post them and (hopefully) the Stargate Trivia Experts out there will be able to help you!

My trivia questions regard Stargate: Atlantis...

1) I'm sure I've seen at least one episode (possibly two) in which Dr. Weir knows that there is an off-world expedition in trouble, and therefore, when the Gate is activated from off-world, she makes the decision to open the gate even though no IDC has been sent. Am I right?

2) Is there only one "Off-World" team on Atlantis (Sheppard, Teyla,etc) or is there a second team. I seem to remember characters refering to another team or to "teams" plural, but I might be wrong...

Thanks for any and all help!

AT
    thistledown
    sigpic

Originally posted by thistledown
    2) Is there only one "Off-World" team on Atlantis (Sheppard, Teyla,etc) or is there a second team. I seem to remember characters refering to another team or to "teams" plural, but I might be wrong...
    There are definitely other teams that go off-world. None of them are ever (so far) given a major role, IIRC, although they have appeared in several episodes (most recently "Runner", I believe).

I have a question of my own: how many moons does Atlantis (I'm referring to the planet, as the only name, "Atlantica", was suggested by Ford and shot down by Sheppard) have? I'm writing a story in which the moon, or a moon, features prominently in the plot, and I need to know whether to call it "the moon", "a moon", or possibly give it a name. Thanks to whoever can answer!

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
      There are definitely other teams that go off-world. None of them are ever (so far) given a major role, IIRC, although they have appeared in several episodes (most recently "Runner", I believe.
      Thanks, for the response! That's JUST what I was hoping!

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
      I have a question of my own: how many moons does Atlantis (I'm referring to the planet, as the only name, "Atlantica", was suggested by Ford and shot down by Sheppard) have? I'm writing a story in which the moon, or a moon, features prominently in the plot, and I need to know whether to call it "the moon", "a moon", or possibly give it a name. Thanks to whoever can answer!
      Wow, I don't remember ever seeing a moon or hearing one mentioned! Anyone else out there know?

AT
      thistledown
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks, for the response! That's JUST what I was hoping!
        No problem. Glad I could help.

Wow, I don't remember ever seeing a moon or hearing one mentioned!
        Thank you! That's certainly encouraging! I may not have to change anything after all (the plot bunny wouldn't wait...)

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Okay! Another Question.....

If Earth has two Stargates (the Egypt one and the Antarctica one) then how do you specify when dialling TO Earth which one you want?

Do you have to have someone "standing by" to pick you up at both, just in case?

Hmmmmm......

AT
          thistledown
          sigpic

Comment

Okay! Another Question.....

If Earth has two Stargates (the Egypt one and the Antarctica one) then how do you specify when dialling TO Earth which one you want?

Do you have to have someone "standing by" to pick you up at both, just in case?

Hmmmmm......

AT
            If one gate has a DHD connected, but the other doesn't, the DHD'd gate gets first preference. If both have DHD's, or there is no DHD's involved at all, I have no idea what happens. Perhaps it just picks randomonly?

Comment

im not too sure but if you have the episode "touchstone" from season 2 then you may find the answer, because in that jack dials to "madrona" and then uses their gate to gate back to earth.

Hammond: "we're going all the way acorss the galaxy to find something we lost in our own back yard".

i have a question?

Q: does the SGC still utilise the cold dialling program?
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I have a question, and I know it's probably stupid, but does anyone know if the scientists wear dog tags?
                It seems like everyone would have a set, but I don't *think* they've ever said either way. I know they've never said on SGA, but have they referenced them at all on SG1? I've only seen about half the episode so far, so I might have missed it if they did.

Comment

My personal assumption would be that if they are MILITARY scientists, they'd wear a dogtag like any other soldier. As the scientists on Atlantis are civilians, I don't think they would wear dogtags per se. Perhaps some other form of identification?

I'm not really sure, but figured I'd bump this thread up so your question has a better chance of being answered by someone who knows for sure!

AT
                  .....I notice they often remove their insignias when they are off-world...they wouldn't remove their dogtags/IDs too, would they?
                  thistledown
                  sigpic

Comment

On atlantis, Major Lorne is seen running his own team. most specifically in Lost Boys, so yes, we do have multiple teams now

as to the gate, the one that is hooked to the dhd is dominant. they say as much in watergate. however, since the earth gate doesn't have a dhd, the one hooked up to the dialing computer is dominant while the one that isn't is dead (no dialing puter, no dhd, no power)

the gate is a super conductor that holds power, but it doesn't generate any and if it's not 'plugged in' then it doesn't work as a first choice

as to the cold dialing program, probably only if hte plot requires it. it could be argued that with the budget cuts that are a plot thread in s9, that it has been sidelined. however, it could also be argued that keeping the cold dialing program going is a 'cheap' way to look for stuff

also, if you need it, then invesitgating these cold gates could be a good mission for daedalus or prometheus.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      also, if you need it, then invesitgating these cold gates could be a good mission for daedalus or prometheus.

MMmmm! I do adore Caldwell! ....and he DOES need more attention in the fics!

AT
                      thistledown
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        If both have DHD's, or there is no DHD's involved at all, I have no idea what happens. Perhaps it just picks randomonly?
                        I always thought you got a "busy signal" where everything just starts to shake like it did in 48 Hours. I mean, they had that scene where Daniel's in the briefing room with a cup 'o coffee and all of a sudden everything starts to shake like it did in Stargate the Movie. But the 'Gate didn't activate.

It happened in Antartica too - the 'Gate dialed out but it died after the...6th cheveron, I believe. I remember Sam using some pretty colorful language 'round then

Maybe?
                        - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                        Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Ooh, great thread. Say, ah, what's the geeky science guy's name that Carter was hanging with in The 4th Horseman? The blabbermouth, you know? I can never recall his name...
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

That geeky guy with the music blasting? Hmm...lemme look...

Ah, here we go Bill Lee...I might be wrong though. Anything makes sense at this time of night.
                            - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                            Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Thanks, thistledown.

I do believe that anyone who wears dogtags wears them all the time. It's tucked under their shirts, so it's not like the natives of whatever planet will see it. Unless there's some shirtlessness happening...

Comment

Working...
                              X