X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview with David Hewlett !

Hello,

www.stargate-atlantis-reunion.com is proud to make you discover an exclusive interview with David Hewlett who plays the talented doctor Rodney McKay.

38 questions to discover who really is David Hewlett. This three parter interview has been translated to French but all the american fans are able to read it in english, just below the french version.

Enjoy it !

Part. 1 – Stargate Atlantis

The first season of the show is currently broadcasted in France, do
    you have any regrets for these 20 first episodes?

Just that they're over!

How is the second season's shooting going?
    Second season is even better than the first, but I'll tell you, it's a lot more work...McKay does not stop this season!

Have you shoot a lot outside for the second season?
    So far quite a bit of location shoots, even some night shooting...I always think it feels more like a "real" shoot with all the big lights and the cranes.

Some little things to reveal us about this second season?
    Any scoop ?

Mckay makes mistakes...not that I'm happy about that! Seems when ckay screws up, he screws up not only on a planetary scale but a lanetary system scale.

What was the most difficult scene to shoot for the second season until this day ?
    Definitely "Duet"! Any of the scenes where I'm talking to myself as the two different characters. There's so damn much to keep track of and you can't get mad at anyone else for messing up the lines!

A new battleship is introduced during this season, the Daedelus :
    what do you think about it ?
    What's your opinion about its design ?

So far I've only seen it from the inside, during the shoot. The only episodes I've seen haven't had the special effects, music or sound...can't wait to see the finished product because the sets are incredible! I think Mckay is just jealous of the Asgard running the thing ;-)

Can you tell us more about the new ship discovered in the episode
    "Aurora"?

Seriously spooky! Feels a bit like a floating morgue.

Can you tell us more about the episode "Conversion" ?
    We don't kwow a lot about it.

Bugs, bugs and more bugs! And let's just say Sheppard isn't looking
    his best...

In the promotional picture of "Runner" we can see you suspended at a
    tree ! How that was happen ? Did that was a difficult scene to shoot ?

My advice to anyone about to be suspended upside down in a radiation suit while evil Ford and wraith runners battle behind you... don't eat the fish and chips before you get up there. The spinning was a bit much...Enough said.

What do you think of the new actor and their characters who join the
    show this season ? (Pileggi, Momoa...)

Having Mitch join the show is like having your mother give birth to another child and all of a sudden you can't imagine a time before him. He is without a doubt one of my favorite people to work with and to be on and off the set with, he is as down to earth as you get and it's as fun having him around as it was to watch him on X-files.

Momoa is like bringing a nuke to atlantis. At first you're like "what the hell is that!? and whatever it is, somebody give it a haircut!" He brings this amazing enthusiasm and charm to the show. That, and he's almost as good looking and fit as I am ;-) He is so young and alive that it makes me want to kill him ;-) He is constantly surprising me with the things he does in scenes (and outside of them for that matter) and that is always a good thing. It's great to have him on the show, I think he makes the team feel complete.

How is it going with the Asgard arriving with the Daedalus : Hermoid
    ? Will we see some debates McKay/Zelenka/Hermoid?

Oh I think so, that is once Mckay gets over the whole idea of taking to slimy & naked super-intelligent-beings and then there's that asgard! ;-)

What do you think about the second season ?
    What is your favourite episode in this second season ? And why ?
    According to the promotional pictures, the season two seems to be
    darker than the first one. Don't you think?

Like I said, the second season is a hard one for Mckay (or maybe just the poor ******* playing Mckay ;-) ! I'm loving it! The range of perils seems much more diverse than last year and it's definitely darker in some areas than season one. The first season of any show requires a lot of groundwork to establish characters and the new environment and all. The second season we get to break all of those things down and play with the expectations...that and blow stuff up! I really don't have a favourite episode, they all do something else for Mckay and they all have different strengths. It seems like my favourite is always the one I'm working on at the time, each time!

What do you think about the evolution of the Paul McGillion's
    character who is now a recurrent character?

Paul has been an integral part of the show since we began, it's only fitting that he's now one of our leads. The fans love him, the cast loves him, the crew loves him...somebody has to stop him, and soon!

Have you got more affinities with some members of the cast than
    other ones?

No, I just about hate them all the same and treat them all with equal amounts of disdain.

The producers mentioned that they'd like to see the Atlantis Team
    going offworld with SG-1. Is that foresee?
    It could be great to see McKay with Samantha Carter again.

Funny that you should mention that...let's just say McKay and Carter in a puddle jumper full of water!

In the first season, Rodney seemed to have a date with the Dr. Kate
    Heightmayer. What is gonna happen next in McKay's sentimental life in the second season? For or against Weir/McKay?

Dr. Heightmayer? Rodney can dream!
    That or covering for his need of therapy!
    We definitely get into McKays love-life, with disastrous, not to mention humorous results early on in season two. I don't think Weir would go for it, she's still in charge, no matter what McKay might think ;-)

Check out the full interview here (in english and french)

Great interview thanks

Random comments:
    Loved DH favourite insult ROFL
    Last edited by Steve_the_Wraith; 18 August 2005, 12:39 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Good interview. Learned alot about david.
      Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
      Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
      Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
      Vicious

Comment

Very nice - Thank you
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

great work - thanks very very much!
          !!!THE SUPREME PICTURE HUNTER FOR LABCOAT LOVE ASSOCIATION!!!

All the images in my signatures usually come from HERE
          How do you like my new signature?

Comment

cool, thanks.

Comment

Thank you very much Martouf.

This interview is really cool.

It seems that David Hewlett looks like McKay.

Comment

That was a cool interview...he's so funny...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Thank you Martouf...great interview. It was very nice of you to take the time to type part of it out and post where the rest could be found. This just makes me hope, even more, that DH is at the Vancouver Con next March.

Thanx again!
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

excellent work martouf Thank You
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Thank you very much. It was a pleasure for me to do the interview. David Hewlett is a really nice guy. I hope that he will be to the con too.

Comment

Working...
                      X