X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few atlantic pics from the preview

this one shows an ancient i think possibly a hologram

Atlantis in the first picture looks awesome.

Comment

nah....i think the latest/final version is better

Comment

I agree with Newbie, the finalized one looks much better than the early concept.

Isn't there already a thread about this?

Chevron Nine - A Stargate Atlantis Fan Site

Check out Chevron Nine's exclusive new interview with Stargate Atlantis director David Winning

Comment

This threads about pics from the preview
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Any one got any close up pictures of atlantis
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

The City?
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Picture 1: Atlantis concept art.

Picture 2: Wraith Male.

Picture 3: Ancient hologram describing the ancient race.

The preview was very interesting. I have a transcript of it somewhere on my hard drive.

There is a much better look at what the city looks like when they're showing the pre-visuals of the puddlejumper flying around. The city is huge, and it's model looks very cool.
                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Yep, they're from the preview all-right. It seems great
                  __

__

Comment

16 more days!!! :-D
                    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Not long now. The time has flew by!
                      __

__

Comment

Seeing the pic of the mail Wraith suddenly reminded me of Jeremy Irons in "The Time Machine" - where he was a very interesting character but also very underdeveloped. The movie was in my eyes a failure, not because the ideas in it were bad but because it lacked heart and development for me - it was a bunch of (mostly good) ideas thrown together but lacking the time to develop everything.

Now that was kinda off-topic, but the reason I brought it up was because it does provide a good idea that was never used properly. I liked the bit with Jeremy Irons a lot and if they make the Wraith like that I do believe the race can be a formidable and interesting ally. If I remember correctly the Wraith are also capable of reading someone's mind, look very much the same and also have superior ones and those under their control.

Maybe someone already suggested this, I have only rarely the time to read here but I did think this was an interesting enough thought to share.

[EDIT]For those who have not seen the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268695/

Comment

Actually, it seems that the producers of Atlantis borrowed the Morloc caste system from the Time Machine: You have the normal male and female Wraith that do all the thinking, and then you have the hunter Wraith that does all the fighting and grunt work. Oh yeah, and the morlocs eat humans like the Wraith do. But that's about where the similarities end
                          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                            Actually, it seems that the producers of Atlantis borrowed the Morloc caste system from the Time Machine: You have the normal male and female Wraith that do all the thinking, and then you have the hunter Wraith that does all the fighting and grunt work. Oh yeah, and the morlocs eat humans like the Wraith do. But that's about where the similarities end
                            I also heard that the Wraith can read minds (which Jeremy Irons' Uber-Morlock also could) the hairdo is very much the same (although it's a different color) and they both have grayish skincolor. Besides from that it was implied in movie that the Uber-Morlock had superior intelligence to humans and the Wraith are technologicly superior to humans, which in itself is very little proof butit can be added to the list.

Also note that I'm very much not saying I think this is a bad thing. I'm saying they possibly took a good idea which was underused and badly used in a movie and made it into their own. As the proverb says: "Better a well stolen than a bad origal idea" (direct translation from the Dutch, I'm sure there's a better one but I can't think of it).

Comment

Now I want to know more about the Ancients and their culture. While the team is meeting other worlds and other cultures, I hope we can see more examples of the Ancients (like the one in the hologram) at the same time.
                              "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X