Kamiz
June 29th, 2004, 03:28 PM
http://www.alliedkillers.net/atlantispics/city.gif

http://www.alliedkillers.net/atlantispics/one_ugly_wraith.gif

http://www.alliedkillers.net/atlantispics/some_ancient.gif
this one shows an ancient i think possibly a hologram

D.C.
June 29th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Atlantis in the first picture looks awesome. :)

June 29th, 2004, 07:55 PM
nah....i think the latest/final version is better ;)

Idun
June 29th, 2004, 08:37 PM
I agree with Newbie, the finalized one looks much better than the early concept.

Isn't there already a thread about this?

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 09:19 PM
This threads about pics from the preview :)

Wass
June 30th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Any one got any close up pictures of atlantis

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 12:31 AM
The City?

Jarnin
June 30th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Picture 1: Atlantis concept art.

Picture 2: Wraith Male.

Picture 3: Ancient hologram describing the ancient race.

The preview was very interesting. I have a transcript of it somewhere on my hard drive.

There is a much better look at what the city looks like when they're showing the pre-visuals of the puddlejumper flying around. The city is huge, and it's model looks very cool.

Anubis
June 30th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Yep, they're from the preview all-right. It seems great

David85
June 30th, 2004, 09:17 AM
16 more days!!! :-D

Anubis
June 30th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Not long now. The time has flew by!

Jelmer
June 30th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Seeing the pic of the mail Wraith suddenly reminded me of Jeremy Irons in "The Time Machine" - where he was a very interesting character but also very underdeveloped. The movie was in my eyes a failure, not because the ideas in it were bad but because it lacked heart and development for me - it was a bunch of (mostly good) ideas thrown together but lacking the time to develop everything.

Now that was kinda off-topic, but the reason I brought it up was because it does provide a good idea that was never used properly. I liked the bit with Jeremy Irons a lot and if they make the Wraith like that I do believe the race can be a formidable and interesting ally. If I remember correctly the Wraith are also capable of reading someone's mind, look very much the same and also have superior ones and those under their control.

Maybe someone already suggested this, I have only rarely the time to read here but I did think this was an interesting enough thought to share.

[EDIT]For those who have not seen the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268695/

Jarnin
June 30th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Actually, it seems that the producers of Atlantis borrowed the Morloc caste system from the Time Machine: You have the normal male and female Wraith that do all the thinking, and then you have the hunter Wraith that does all the fighting and grunt work. Oh yeah, and the morlocs eat humans like the Wraith do. But that's about where the similarities end :)

Jelmer
June 30th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Actually, it seems that the producers of Atlantis borrowed the Morloc caste system from the Time Machine: You have the normal male and female Wraith that do all the thinking, and then you have the hunter Wraith that does all the fighting and grunt work. Oh yeah, and the morlocs eat humans like the Wraith do. But that's about where the similarities end :)
I also heard that the Wraith can read minds (which Jeremy Irons' Uber-Morlock also could) the hairdo is very much the same (although it's a different color) and they both have grayish skincolor. Besides from that it was implied in movie that the Uber-Morlock had superior intelligence to humans and the Wraith are technologicly superior to humans, which in itself is very little proof butit can be added to the list.

Also note that I'm very much not saying I think this is a bad thing. I'm saying they possibly took a good idea which was underused and badly used in a movie and made it into their own. As the proverb says: "Better a well stolen than a bad origal idea" (direct translation from the Dutch, I'm sure there's a better one but I can't think of it).

rihannsu
July 2nd, 2004, 01:07 PM
Now I want to know more about the Ancients and their culture. While the team is meeting other worlds and other cultures, I hope we can see more examples of the Ancients (like the one in the hologram) at the same time.

Anubis
July 2nd, 2004, 01:50 PM
I'm sure we'll one day acually meet an Ancient who actually is not someone we managed to get rid of

g.o.d
July 4th, 2004, 08:06 AM
tha Ancient woman looks like Lexa Doig:-)

Anubis
July 4th, 2004, 11:22 AM
lol True. I don't think it is

JakeDeuxPointZero
July 4th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Y'know, that whole uber-morlock thing was interesting in the movie, except for one thing... the TOTAL AND COMPLETE diversion from the book that the movie was supposedly based on. Sure, the movie's good, but as a movie version of the book, it fails horribly... which I hope Atlantis won't do. Sorry for the side-rant...

Ugly Pig
July 5th, 2004, 05:34 AM
Sure, the movie's good, but as a movie version of the book, it fails horribly... which I hope Atlantis won't do.
It won't. Atlantis is not based on a book. :p

Indiana
July 5th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Where is a shot if the final version of Atlantis that we seem to be talking about?

DAL SHAKKA MEL
July 5th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Sory to ask, but when was this preview? What chanel was it on and is there a download?

Anubis
July 5th, 2004, 08:31 AM
The preview is on the final release of the season seven DVD single releases as a teaser for the opener. I don't know of any download links

Ugly Pig
July 5th, 2004, 08:57 AM
The preview is on the final release of the season seven DVD single releases as a teaser for the opener. I don't know of any download links
It's been floating around on BitTorrent.

July 5th, 2004, 09:15 AM
you can see the final version of Atlantis in my sig ;) and yeah that Atlantis Preview is on Season 7 DVD set, but you can get it of torrents

DAL SHAKKA MEL
July 5th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Can you give me a link to it on BitTorrent? please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Anubis
July 5th, 2004, 10:40 AM
The final version of Atlantis looks amazing. Can't wait for the first ep