X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clean power

ok we ships that can power sheilds weaponsand a hole bunch of other stuff
    so y cant we make another one of the power sorcies that power the ships and use it to power the gate for dialing to peagisis

proberly because the power needed to power the gate would need a lot more power than the ship would normnally use
    "only two things are infinate the universe and human stupidity and im not sure about the universe"

-albert einstein

Comment

i mean like 8 of them

Comment

Because creating reactors for vessels takes quite alot of resources and time and the gain isn't motivated by the cost at the time obviously. Besides, 18 days isn't that long.

And how about a better title next time?

Comment

what about sheilds we could get gebnoraters for those

Comment

planatary shields?? yea im sure everyone would love that all radio and tv signals blocked due to the ioniseing particales hat make up shields
            "only two things are infinate the universe and human stupidity and im not sure about the universe"

-albert einstein

Comment

Ionizing particles? What?

Radio waves are not ionizing radiation and they're quite capable of penetrating the ionosphere. It's generally a good idea to try and keep the ionizing radiation above the ionosphere. I'm sure shields could be made that allow radio signals to pass.
              Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

because with all the oney u would spend on making how ever many reactors u need to power the gate and make a worm hole back to atlantis, the gate can't be used to attack other ships or go places where the gate can't. i would rather spend my money on a ship like the daundlus(spl?) then on a gate that only goes to one place.

Comment

no no no sheilds for atlantis

Comment

Earth's gate was once powered briefly by a staff weapon power core to open a wormhole to Thor's homeworld. In another episode the generating capacity of a CVN was used to repeat the process. So the power requirements for intergalactic gate travel are not insurmountable. Between 50 and 100 Mw it seems will open the gate for a few seconds. In another episode 5 or 6 Mk1 naquadah generators opened a wormhole from Atlantis to Earth for a second or so, the Mk2 generator is 200 times more powerful, though at such outputs it's life is short. So where the Mk1's output may be in the 10's of Mw, prosumably the Mk2 output is in the Gw range.

Comment

Naquadah Reactor Mark2 is 600% more efficient, not 20000%

Oh and WTH is a CVN? Aircraft Carrier?=)

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaNZ
                        Earth's gate was once powered briefly by a staff weapon power core to open a wormhole to Thor's homeworld.
                        Jack improvised and made a ZPM type power source.
                        In another episode the generating capacity of a CVN was used to repeat the process.
                        Whats a CVN
                        So the power requirements for intergalactic gate travel are not insurmountable. Between 50 and 100 Mw it seems will open the gate for a few seconds. In another episode 5 or 6 Mk1 naquadah generators opened a wormhole from Atlantis to Earth for a second or so, the Mk2 generator is 200 times more powerful, though at such outputs it's life is short. So where the Mk1's output may be in the 10's of Mw, prosumably the Mk2 output is in the Gw range.
                        The ep your talking about was Letters from pegasus and they used the remaining juice in the zpm to open the wormhole for 1 1/2 seconds
                        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

We don't know if he made a ZPM or not.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            We don't know if he made a ZPM or not.
                            I know he didnt make a ZPM, im saying that he made something like ZPM
                            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

A "ZPM Type" power source would probably still use ZPE and therefore be a ZPM=))

Comment

Working...
                              X