Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Doctor who fans who want to see the new series.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Doctor who fans who want to see the new series.

I've been waiting for ever for an anouncement I read alot about it and it seem Great I would love to see it. What does any one else think.
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

OMG! Yes you need to see it! If that means buying the DVD then do it. Seriously do it. Of course it may help if you are already familiar with the Good Doctor, I can't say because I grew up watching it.

Comment

If you have the right equipment, software and/or hardware, you can just import the region 2 DVDs and play those (although you might want to wait for the November boxset release, as it'll have audio commentaries and a bunch of other special features that aren't available on the UK single disc releases).

Yes, I think it would help if you're familiar with the Doctor, but it's not necessary. Even so, don't do as I do, and watch the last episode of season 1 (Parting of the Ways) as your first episode. *blush* Okay, so it wasn't a conscious decision on my part, I just got dragged into watching it by friends, otherwise I'd just have started with the first episode, *LOL*

I'm sure you'll love it. Myself, I'm now utterly hooked on Doctor Who, and am catching up with decades of older Doctors. Such a delight!

Comment

I started with the classic Tom Baker Eps, Just lately I seen some of the earlier Doctors. I want to be able to see the new seris I keep watching for more news... Still none But I hope.

Comment

outpost gallifrey has no news about a US carrier.....and emails to BBCA and scifi get no response...

i've not quite yet gotten desperate enough to contact pbs and see what their stance is...

it irritates me that the DVDs are available for UK and AUS/NZ but not for Canada. i was getting a buddy to record them and send me the VHS but of course some eps were missed or cut off or the like....i'd definately buy the DVDs for region 1.
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ
          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
            I Even so, don't do as I do, and watch the last episode of season 1 (Parting of the Ways) as your first episode. *blush* Okay, so it wasn't a conscious decision on my part, I just got dragged into watching it by friends, otherwise I'd just have started with the first episode, *LOL*
            No way...that is so bad. I've watched some series back to front, but there's no way in the world I'd have wanted to do that with Doctor Who. Shame on you...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
              No way...that is so bad. I've watched some series back to front, but there's no way in the world I'd have wanted to do that with Doctor Who. Shame on you...LOL
              I know! I actually zapped into a couple of episodes this spring when it aired on the BBC, but to me, "Doctor Who" was the equivalent of "that weird British sci-fi series from way before my time." And, well, I kept zapping into the last ten-or-so minutes, which didn't exactly help change my mind about it being weird! Nothing about it made any sense. So I never saw an entire episode, until a few weeks ago, when the SG Dutchies had a weekend meeting and I saw the last episode. At that time, I really couldn't care less about being 'spoiled'; how was I supposed to know I'd suddenly get hooked on the series!? But looking back, boy, I wish I hadn't seen it. In particular the mystery that keeps popping up (sorry, trying not to spoil people here) had of course no impact on me anymore when I did watch the whole series start to finish, as I already knew what it was about.
              I solemnly swear to not let the same thing happen to me in season 2!

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
                I know! I actually zapped into a couple of episodes this spring when it aired on the BBC, but to me, "Doctor Who" was the equivalent of "that weird British sci-fi series from way before my time." And, well, I kept zapping into the last ten-or-so minutes, which didn't exactly help change my mind about it being weird! Nothing about it made any sense. So I never saw an entire episode, until a few weeks ago, when the SG Dutchies had a weekend meeting and I saw the last episode. At that time, I really couldn't care less about being 'spoiled'; how was I supposed to know I'd suddenly get hooked on the series!? But looking back, boy, I wish I hadn't seen it. In particular the mystery that keeps popping up (sorry, trying not to spoil people here) had of course no impact on me anymore when I did watch the whole series start to finish, as I already knew what it was about.
                I solemnly swear to not let the same thing happen to me in season 2!
                Poor you....The "mystery" you mention had reached fever-point here on some of the Who forums. To be honest it was one of the best build-ups to a finale I can recall, just for the way they managed to keep us all guessing until the last ep. Just make sure you keep your promise and start from the beginning in season 2 (rumour has it we're going to have another "mystery")
                Last edited by Egeria; 19 August 2005, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Like I said in a previous post, Scifi not picking up Doctor Who is one of their worst decisions.

Other bad decisions for SciFi Channel:
                  Cutting the Stargate Opening Credits to 10 seconds
                  Canceling Farscape
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                    OMG! Yes you need to see it! If that means buying the DVD then do it. Seriously do it. Of course it may help if you are already familiar with the Good Doctor, I can't say because I grew up watching it.
                    Unfortunatly being a (relatively big ) child i missed out on all those. the new ones didn't seem all that good at the beginning to be honest but after a while when you start watching full episodes and get so involved.... lets just say the tape machine malfunctioned for the last 2 episodes while i was on holiday and made it black and white and all static-y ...... needless to say i stayed up till 2 in the morning watching them both and ended up with a sore head and lecture from my brother on "the dangers" etc. etc.!!! it was well worth it though, and id do it again...

If that terrible anecdote doesn't help convince some of the non-brit fans of the new Doctor, i don't know.....

ps. buy the dvds!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                      Just make sure you keep your promise and start from the beginning in season 2 (rumour has it we're going to have another "mystery")
                      Oh, I totally promise! I wouldn't have it any other way now.
                      I wish I could turn back time and watch all the episodes without already knowing anything about the mystery. I saw that website that the BBC created about it, and realized that I'd really missed out on something special. Never again!
                      Argh, can't X-mas come early this year? *waits impatiently*

Comment

I got to feel sorry for you guys . Still if you can be patient you should be able to get the episodes. Your in for a treat
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

But how long they already are going for season 2 will we have to wait till its done and get them both as a single season?

Comment

well since OLN is going to be broadcasting hockey this year...maybe they'll expand their niche even more and pick up dr who!

lol

many of the eps take place outside after all....
                            Thanks!
                            Jordan

my page
                            My LJ
                            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I remember seeing Dr. Who as a kid on PBS. I have a multi-region DVD player and plan on buying the boxset when it becomes available.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X