This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New drug in "Michael" episode

We know that the drug reverts the wraith features and the person looks human and its also said that the hunger and instincts of the wraith are still there but what I wonder is does the drug take away the quick healing abilities of the wraith?

for one u should realy put spoilers in there not evre body wants to know about new ep and two it turns them human which means no sucking the life out of ppl and no healing

Comment

What are you talking about?

Owen Macri

Comment

Spoiler for upcoming eposides of season 2 of atlantis

He is going on about an eposide in the future where they manage to block the wraith dna and so therefore making the wraith human though i have no idea how this works.
        I do not think that the wraith will have their self healing capabilities because we have never seen a human do that in the stargate universe at least not to the extent that the wraith can.Its is essentially a wraith in a humans body.
        Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
        Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
        - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
        - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Originally posted by LincolnFord
          We know that the drug reverts the wraith features and the person looks human and its also said that the hunger and instincts of the wraith are still there but what I wonder is does the drug take away the quick healing abilities of the wraith?
          Spoiler:
          No, apparently, the retrovirus supress all of the bug traits in a wriath, leaving only the human ones.
          So he can't heal, since that is a bug trait, same as he can't suck the life outta ppl.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
            Spoiler:
            No, apparently, the retrovirus supress all of the bug traits in a wriath, leaving only the human ones.
            So he can't heal, since that is a bug trait, same as he can't suck the life outta ppl.
            no he can heal because the bugs used ancient dna to evolve into wraith and the ancients had healing powers so its a human trait somewhat. i mean in 38 minutes u dont see the bug heal when ford puts stuff on it it has to suck life to heal wraith dont have to get shot the start sucking life before they heal. so i say michael could possibly have some minor healing powers but not to the extent of say the ancients as was shown in "frozen"
            "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Comment

Originally posted by epcrules89
              no he can heal because the bugs used ancient dna to evolve into wraith and the ancients had healing powers so its a human trait somewhat. i mean in 38 minutes u dont see the bug heal when ford puts stuff on it it has to suck life to heal wraith dont have to get shot the start sucking life before they heal. so i say michael could possibly have some minor healing powers but not to the extent of say the ancients as was shown in "frozen"
              Got some proof to back up that wild rambling?
              The bug sucks life from SHep to heal itself when Ford hurts it.
              Wraith appear to do much the same thing.
              As far as we know, the wriath were evolved from Humans, not Ancients(see 'The Gift').

Comment

alrght, proof then. ancients heal themselves such as wraith. wraith get shot and heal. the only reason they have to feed on life force inorder to heal efficiently is because of the aparent"weakness" in the bugs' dna making the wraith unable to fully heal themselves. take away the bug weakness and he should be able to heal himself without life-sucking. and as for the wraith evolving from regular humans-bah!-impossible. somewhere( i cant remember right now) it said that the ancients went to the bug's world and placed a storgate but if there were already humans there the wraith would have already evolved there wouldnt they? so i expect it was origionally going to be an ancient outpost site but someone got bitten ( maybe while experimenting on a bug?) and the bug absorbed their dna and went on to spawn the wraith. there is no other way. since there couldnt have been humans there why would anyone else want to go there? they wouldnt. that makes it the perfect place for a hidden outpost where all sorts of things could go wrong ( such as the wraith being born). so there's some proof to think about. if u dont like it, i dont care it would be cool if michael could heal himself like an ancient. it would add an interesting plot twist if he indeed goes bad. o yea and sry bout rambling on again. im just thurough.
                "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Comment

alrght, proof then. ancients heal themselves such as wraith.
                  No they don't. THere is no evidence for this. THe ONLY time we have seen a self healing ancient is in 'Frozen' and all she does is stop the plauge from killing her. While she eradicates it from teh rest of the team.
                  We have NEVER seen an ancient heal like a wraith. We have seen the bug do it tho.
                  wraith get shot and heal. the only reason they have to feed on life force inorder to heal efficiently is because of the aparent"weakness" in the bugs' dna making the wraith unable to fully heal themselves. take away the bug weakness and he should be able to heal himself without life-sucking.
                  So, they can heal cause they are part ancient(according to you) yet they need to suck life, so they can heal, because of bug DNA??
                  I suggest you read this again, as I"m sure that wasn't what you meant.
                  and as for the wraith evolving from regular humans-bah!-impossible. somewhere( i cant remember right now) it said that the ancients went to the bug's world and placed a storgate but if there were already humans there the wraith would have already evolved there wouldnt they? so i expect it was origionally going to be an ancient outpost site but someone got bitten ( maybe while experimenting on a bug?) and the bug absorbed their dna and went on to spawn the wraith.
                  I suggest you watch 'The Gift' again.

Comment

Originally posted by nimitz
                    Spoiler for upcoming eposides of season 2 of atlantis

He is going on about an eposide in the future where they manage to block the wraith dna and so therefore making the wraith human though i have no idea how this works.
                    I do not think that the wraith will have their self healing capabilities because we have never seen a human do that in the stargate universe at least not to the extent that the wraith can.Its is essentially a wraith in a humans body.
                    Ok, once again, I could swear I replyed to this already, but here I go again. Thank you very much.

Owen Macri

Comment

I can't wait to see "Michael", from what I've read on Gateworld I think it'll be a great episode, but I'm gonna have to get some industrial strength "willing suspension of disbelief" in before I do!!

This scale of retroviral gene therapy is way, way off in the future, so far I believe most research is geared towards single gene abnormalities not nearly half a genome. Also, I have it in my head that Wraith are more bug than human (think I read that somewhere on Gateworld), so if you were to suppress ALL the bug DNA then the Wraith would die rather than become human, as it wouldn't have enough metabolic systems to sustain it.

Even so, I look forward to Dr. Beckett telling us exactly how he did it.......and if its plausible in the SG-verse....

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                        Ok, once again, I could swear I replyed to this already, but here I go again. Thank you very much.

Owen Macri
                        Always glad to help.
                        Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                        Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                        - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                        - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Working...
                        X