This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omnipedia Update Center

Items are organized according to priority.

Upcoming
    SG-1 1011-1020 (NW)
    ATL 3011-320 (NW)

Ongoing
    Major overhaul of all recurring items to conform to up to SG-1, Year 10 and Atlantis, Year 3.

Recent Updates
    7/16 SG-1 1001 (C)
    1/22 SG-1 1004-1010 (C)
    2/18 ATL 304-310 (C)

Other
    The Stargate Omnipedia is now fully on-line.
    The Omnipedia can now be accessed by the url www.StargateOmnipedia.com, including .net and .org
    The Omnipedia will receive a makeover to its main menus (after the start of the year), as well as the introduction of several new features, and possibly a seventh category.

This thread is closed for posting, and is available as an "update status" resource only.
    For discussion of the Omnipedia, visit the Stargate Omnipedia 2.0 thread!
    To submit a new entry suggestion or error correction, email [email protected].
    Visit the Stargate Omnipedia.

KEY
    (C)= Completed
    (W)= Writing
    (NW)= Not yet Written
    Last edited by David; 18 February 2007, 03:33 PM.

22 entries have been added from "Reckoning, Part 1" to "Moebius, Part 2." I particularly enjoyed getting out my magnifying glass and pulling out the details of The Ascended Times.

In terms of new entries, save for approximately 25 stray entries I will add in the next few days, the Omnipedia is completed with SG-1. Wow.

I now move on to knock out everything from "The Defiant One" to "The Siege, Part 2," bringing Atlantis to the same status.
    Last edited by David; 20 November 2005, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Atlantis is almost done. 37 entries from "The Defiant One" to "The Brotherhood" have now been added to the Omnipedia.
      Last edited by David; 22 November 2005, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Stargate Atlantis is now completed.

23 entries have been added from "Letters From Pegasus" to "The Siege, Part 2." Work on left-over entries for SG-1 begins this week. Afterward, the Omnipedia will be entirely completed in terms of entries.

Day after Christmas I begin the lengthy process of updating each individual entry to conform to 910 and 210.

Comment

I'm pleased to announce that The Stargate Omnipedia is officially completed! No other Stargate database on the Web can yet say this. I am very proud that we can.

Every possible person, place and thing has been added to the database. "Dangling" entries (totaling nearly a hundred) have been added throughout the month of December. Now we will begin the short wait to January, when we'll no longer be up-to-date! But considering everything behind us is done, it won't be hard to keep up with the storm. The beginning of each week in early 2006 should greet you with the latest info from the Stargate universe.

You can now officially bicker at me for missing entries! If you know of something that should be in the Omni, email me at [email protected], or better yet, use the emailing script provided in the Omnipedia itself.

After December I will begin the long and tedious process of updating each and every recurring entry in the database. This will take a great deal of time, so bear with me. I'm spending 24 hours in a car, so that should help a great deal. Fortunately, most of the Omnipedia's entries are "one-timers," but there are hundreds that aren't. After this, the Omnipedia will truly be the Stargate Universe At Your Fingertips.

More unusual entries will now be added to the Omnipedia, ones that I consider are not part of the canonical database but are added for extra information only. The start of this long list will be: Stargate battles. Yes, you read right. Already two battles have been included, detailing both sieges of Atlantis. Other battles the Omnipedia will cover will include: Abydos (I), battle of ; Abydos (II), battle of ; Antarctica, battle over ; Dakara, battle for ; and P3X-666, battle of. Don't worry, this is an initial list.

These are kind of tricky because there are a lot of conflicts that have occurred in Stargate lore. Basically I'm cutting it down to full-scale conflicts where at least two sides have fired shots at one another. Skirmishes by SG-1 are, well, skirmishes, and not really battles of any scale. I'm also taking care to acknowledge the fact that more than one battle has likely occurred at many of these locations.

So I've been looking for hints in dialogue. For example, in "Ex Deus Machina" Ka'lel specifically refers to the "battle for Dakara." In "Covenant" Carter references the "battle over Antarctica," and so forth. I'm maintaining the language of their words for canonicity. You can't stomp on something that was said by a credible character. If there are others that you know of, feel free to email me and point them out!

Check out Siege of Atlantis (II), The and you'll see why I am taking extra time to complete these. Battles are turning points in the Stargate universe, and there is a lot of information given in them (casualty reports, etc). On top of this, we like to make these entries very graphics-intense. The Omnipedia is intentionally text-heavy rather than graphics-heavy, so it's nice to do something different every now and again.

I am now going to take a long-deserved rest and plug in Legend of Zelda. If you need me, I'll be pasting Gannon. For further discussion of the Omnipedia, visit the Omnipedia 2.0 thread. And thanks for your support!

Comment

One of the most significant entries in the Omnipedia, Atlantis, has been updated. This is one example of the countless established entries which will be updated in the days ahead.

Comment

"The Fourth Horseman, Part 2" and "The Hive" have been added to the Omnipedia. 10 entries, so not much to write home about. Second-parters usually are. But at least a dozen significant entries, most notably Aiden Ford, Gerak and Orlin, have been updated to 211 and 911, respectively.

Family matters prevented me from completely tackling all outdated entries over the holiday break, but I have made significant progress offline and will post the results of the more important entries once they are done.

Comment

22 entries have now been added for SG-1 912 and Atlantis 212. Updating established entries is ongoing [offline]. I will post here when more are transmitted to the Web.
                Last edited by David; 17 January 2006, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Eight entries have been added to the Omnipedia for SG-1 913 and Atlantis 213. Thirty corresponding established entries have been updated in the Key Episodes boxes.

Comment

A smattering of missing entries have been added (including Ren'al, which I always believed we had. Odd ...)

Huge update to former entries. All of the SG unit entries from the Miscellany section are now up-to-date. And they'll stay that way. I've replaced some poopy pictures with some clear ones. Also, if we knew a character was on a team, that character is now listed with their unit. Reynolds is all over the place.

Go have a look!

Comment

15 entries have been added for 914 and 214. Tomorrow I hope to update the "Jaffa High Council" entry with everyone who has served on it.

Comment

Lists, lists, lists (added)!
                        Jaffa High Council
                        N.I.D.
                        The Trust

Comment

17 entries have been added for episodes 915 and 215. Text updates have been added / changed to the main bodies of the following old entries:

Ambrose, Catherine
                          Kane, Jarrod
                          Kane, Leda
                          Marks
                          Pendergast, Lionel

F-302
                          Prometheus

Atlantis
                          Book of Origin

Expect a huge enhancement to come to one of the main category entries in the next few days, if not tomorrow. Think "Atlantis."

A big thanks to Robbie -- i.e. njord!

Comment

A major expansion has arrived to one Omnipedia entry in particular, ending in a great deal of long-term research.
                            Stargate Command

Note: to keep updated with the goings-on in the way of Omnipedia updates, go to the top of this thread, click "Thread Tools," and then "Subscribe to this thread." (Should've said this a long time ago) You will then be notified in your thread window when I have updated this particular thread -- ergo, the Omnipedia.

Comment

A single entry has been added: Antarctica, battle over

As for Episodes 16-18 of these seasons, I will be waiting until the shows are out for the year before updating the Omni. Granted, about sixty (or more) entries will be applied at once, but that's the way I've decided to do it for now. I will perform SG-1 in a single wave, followed by Atlantis. My thanks to all who have been writing and complaining about there being no updates in the past few weeks!

Comment

Working...
                              X