This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you learn today?

I learned that it's illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey. (actually I learned this a couple days ago but I thought that's what I'd start off with)
    "You have no idea the tortures he is capable of."
    "You ended a sentence with a preposition..........b*stard!"

Originally posted by Daniel_locks_my_chevron
    I learned that it's illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey. (actually I learned this a couple days ago but I thought that's what I'd start off with)
    Knew that
    I learned that in texas it is legal to shoot to kill if someone trespasses onto your property at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinmyownvoid
      Knew that
      I learned that in texas it is legal to shoot to kill if someone trespasses onto your property at night.
      Learned never to go to Texas at night.

Comment

It's also illegal to pump your own gasoline in Oregon. This raises the price of gas, of course. However, on a recent road trip through Oregon, gas was still cheaper per gallon there than it was anywhere in Northern California on the same day. Hmmm....

Today I learned that there are shops in Japan that will rent you a dog for a walk @ $15/hr. Hadn't really thought about that one before, but I guess there's a market! At least they come with leashes and plastic baggies.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
          Today I learned that there are shops in Japan that will rent you a dog for a walk @ $15/hr. Hadn't really thought about that one before, but I guess there's a market! At least they come with leashes and plastic baggies.
          Dogs are a great way to pick up women, but if you have to rent a dog in order to get a girl... you have serious issues, dude.

I suppose it could be for psychotic dog-people who are on vacation and couldn't bring their pwecious widdle babykins.

What did I learn today? I do not adapt well to changes in the workplace. the new "updates" to our software have made some very distracting changes and I don't particularly care for them.

Today, one of our customers learned that you can actually mail things at the post office!
          Customer: Can I buy stamps here?
          Me: Nope, but the post office is right across the street.
          Customer: Oh. Can I mail it there, too?
          Me: Uh... yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I suppose it could be for psychotic dog-people who are on vacation and couldn't bring their pwecious widdle babykins.
            Actually, Tokyo urbanites are known to have somewhat legendary "cramped" quarters, so pets are not always possible. I forgot to include a link to the story.

The aforementioned road trip through Oregon was on the way to they Olympic Peninsula and it did include our precious, yet terribly undeserving, dogs. While I'm sure they had a great time, they were also the reason why we could not take the slight detour to visit Stargate-land (a/k/a Vancouver). Grrrr...

Have fun at Gatecon, Shadow!
            Last edited by Anthro Girl; 29 June 2004, 03:20 PM. Reason: spellink err
            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
            once done, cannot be undone...
            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Today, I learned where Darren lives *looks at map of Chicago's suburbs*

Lagoon Park looks like a nice place Darren, or are you further down? *wonders if Darren even lives there anymore*

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                Today, I learned where Darren lives *looks at map of Chicago's suburbs*
                Hmm. Maybe that's where I should be sending the bribes. I already have Davey wrapped around my finger but Darren is proving to be a bit more cantankerous. Must give it some thought...

Oh, I also learned that my ISP updates its DNS info between 7:30pm and 8pm- I am officially back on the air. Or back on cable, anyway. No more sticky dialup!

Comment

I learned that strappy sandals look good if you use that fake tanning stuff on your legs.

I also live in Texas and have learned to KNOCK very loudly if visiting someone after dark.
                  sigpic

Comment

I learned today that when running a creche, it's so very much more peaceful when no children turn up

(yay for unexpected days off!)

Comment

Dogs are a great way to pick up women, but if you have to rent a dog in order to get a girl... you have serious issues, dude.

Actually I'd be quite into that. You get all the fun of having a dog without having to feed them, pay vets bills etc. Its a good way to get exercise and being around pets is supposed to be very therapeutic.
                      Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

today i learned that yellow curry is awfully good with brown rice...

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                        Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                        Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Learned that chocolate is good when you've got a fever, but chocolate milk makes you feel really nasty. (Scientific reasoning is that it curdles really nasty because of the high temperature... or so I was told. It sounds as nasty as I felt.)

Comment

I learned that "three fingers" refers to the three flight paths out of our local airport.

This came up because some guy was griping about noise ordinance violations from airplanes flying over his house early in the morning. He bought a house near the airport! What was he expecting??

Comment

I learned that "three fingers" refers to the three flight paths out of our local airport.

This came up because some guy was griping about noise ordinance violations from airplanes flying over his house early in the morning. He bought a house near the airport! What was he expecting??
                              I learned that I don't want your job ShadowMaat.

Comment

Working...
                              X