PDA

View Full Version : The Best Ever Teal'c Episode

Madeleine
August 17th, 2005, 04:31 PM
The four heats have given sixteen finalists. Vote away!

Qasim
August 17th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Ooh final vote - I went for the Warrior

Katerine
August 17th, 2005, 06:07 PM
I sat here for 5 minutes staring at the choices.

I selected CotG Part 2.
I selected The Changeling.
I looked at the other choices. I sat and thought for a minute.

I selected CotG Part 2.
I selected The Changeling.
I sat and thought for a minute.

The Changeling is probably a better episode overall - everything is great about it. But Teal'c himself, as we know him, actually shows up in very little of it.

I selected CotG Part 2.

I'll probably want to change my mind again, but it's too late now. :o

MartoufMarty
August 17th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Changeling all the way...

Though really not much of actual Teal'c, CJ did some awesome acting there.

golfbooy
August 17th, 2005, 06:30 PM
All right, all right, it's The Changeling. There, I said it. Happy now? Threshold, Orpheus, Avatar, they're all great, tremendous even. But they never stood a chance. The Changeling is the 500 lb. gorilla, and it always will be.

Osiris-RA
August 17th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Changling, changling changling.

MartoufMarty
August 17th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Changling, changling changling.
Hmmm... I've never heard of that episode before...

I've heard of The Changeling, but never Changling :P

Kliggins
August 17th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Tough choices, but I went with The Warrior

Qasim
August 17th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Someone agress with me!!!!

Frostfox
August 18th, 2005, 09:37 AM
I voted The Changeling, the episode which turned me from casual viewer to out and out fan.

FF, who thinks Mr Judge is a very clever man for writing such a splendid episode.

TheCorpulent1
August 18th, 2005, 12:59 PM
I guess I'm the odd man out. I went with "Family." I like seeing Teal'c as a father struggling to keep his fractured family together.

Petra
August 19th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Well. I'm odd too. I voted for "Redemption". All these eps are great, but when I think about Teal'C and CJ's acting, the scene from "Redemption" showing his grief after Shanou'C's (sorry, I have no idea how to write his wife's name :o ) death comes to my mind. And in this ep you have everything: Teal'c as a father, husband, warrior, protector, friend... :)

A-bomb
August 19th, 2005, 04:10 AM
The Changeling is the only way to go. It kicks ass. My sister choose message in a bottle, but she doesn't even know what a Teal'c is, and I think it was the only one she could understand, so I don't think that counts.

TheCorpulent1
August 19th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Well. I'm odd too. I voted for "Redemption". All these eps are great, but when I think about Teal'C and CJ's acting, the scene from "Redemption" showing his grief after Shanou'C's (sorry, I have no idea how to write his wife's name :o ) death comes to my mind. And in this ep you have everything: Teal'c as a father, husband, warrior, protector, friend... :)
Sho'nac (according to GateWorld's spelling) wasn't his wife. Drey'auc was. I think Sho'nac was a childhood friend who became his first love, if I remember "Crossroads" correctly.

NotANumber
August 19th, 2005, 11:19 AM
I voted for Avatar, not only because it was the one I've seen most recently but because we get a chance to see Teal'c at his weakest (mentally).

Madeleine
August 19th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I voted for Changeling (natch) but i'm glad to see my second choice, Avatar, has a few votes.

A-bomb
August 19th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Hello anyone who may have seen my previous letter voting for The Changeling. I would just like to ask the person who made this survey why they didn't add Bane, now that was a good episode and probably would have got a couple votes at least. Teal'c is one funky dude. :cool:

Osiris-RA
August 19th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Hey - Bane was a great episode wasn't it? Cj had some great (angsty) moments in that one. Plus, you gotta give the dude cred for withstanding being wrapped up in gooey gross web slime! :D

Madeleine
August 19th, 2005, 11:38 PM
I didn't put Bane in the final because it only got one or two votes when it was in the heats. The final sixteen were generally the ones that got four or more votes in the heats.

L-JADE
August 20th, 2005, 12:31 AM
Changeling for me... I think for a Jaffa it's the ultimate bravery to pull out his own Junior to and fro with the knowledge that the last time he did that probably be the last time he was able to do that.

tsaxlady
August 20th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Hard to make up my mind as there are several T episodes I really like - but I finally went with Orpheus

thorshammer
August 20th, 2005, 06:14 AM
I think The Changeling is the best.

SimilarCadence
August 20th, 2005, 09:08 AM
I voted for The Changeling---hard not to!
But Orpheus and Cor-ai are right behind it when it comes to deep-Teal'c character episodes......

Seshat
August 21st, 2005, 12:15 PM
I voted for Changeling (natch) but i'm glad to see my second choice, Avatar, has a few votes.
There was no question in my mind about voting for The Changeling, but Avatar also has a special place in my heart. :) What does it say that the two Teal'c eps I like best are the ones where he is shown to be most vulnerable? ;) If CJ hadn't done such a good job at playing Teal'c as an immovable mountain of courage and determination for so many seasons, these eps would not be so wonderful by contrast. Kudos to Chris! I only wish we could be allowed to see more of the many other sides of Teal'c. :D

.:Lemon:.
August 21st, 2005, 03:27 PM
The Changeling - I loved that ep :p

Petra
August 22nd, 2005, 02:59 AM
Sho'nac (according to GateWorld's spelling) wasn't his wife. Drey'auc was. I think Sho'nac was a childhood friend who became his first love, if I remember "Crossroads" correctly.

Yes, of course you are right. Sorry, I have no idea what I was thinking about.... :o

emily_reich
August 23rd, 2005, 05:34 PM
the changeling! not only a great tealc ep, but an amazing ep all-around!!

Easter Lily
August 25th, 2005, 12:58 AM
To my mind, The Changeling was easily the best Teal'c episode ever... It is also, in my opinion one of the cleverest and well-told Stargate episodes. A great piece of storytelling and wonderful characterization. I love the interchange between the two contexts and the lovely bond between the characters.

Jace021903
August 25th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Lots of good Teal'c episodes, but in the end I had to go with the one that I thought was the best episode overall--Changeling.

Well written and directed--one of the best ever on Stargate.

Jace

1DanielForMe
August 25th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Well, chock a nother one up for 'The Changeling'.
This is actually my favourite SG-1 episode, period. It's just done so beautifully. I always say it's like poetry, really.

Chaosmaid
August 25th, 2005, 05:03 PM
As L-Jade stated above I voted for The Changeling for the same reasons. Teal'C's willingness to sacrifice his own life to save Bra'tac. Not to mention the chance to see human Teal'C and Jaffa Teal'C in the same episode.

CM

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 29th, 2005, 06:11 PM
The Changeling. best Teal'c episode, because he just can't get better than that. And Written by Chris Judge

Madeleine
August 29th, 2005, 09:57 PM
:: Looks at result ::

Pretty definitive, I'd say :)

Thanks to everyone who voted in all the Teal'c polls.