PDA

View Full Version : This could be a problem

Janus
June 29th, 2004, 11:45 AM
What will happen to Felger now O'Neill commands the SGC ?
Can't be good for him

Aither
June 29th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Felger will be sent to Ba'al's homeworld with a naquadriah bomb :D

Nolamom
June 29th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Poor Felger - he's intelligent, but what a screw-up!

Tok'Ra Hostess
June 29th, 2004, 12:38 PM
What will happen to Felger now O'Neill commands the SGC ?
Can't be good for him

Not to mention the Russians! :S

Jack is going to have to come down off his high, prejudiced horse if he's gonna run a multi-national SGC.

Crazedwraith
June 29th, 2004, 01:30 PM

Jack is going to have to come down off his high, prejudiced horse if he's gonna run a multi-national SGC.
I remeber posting a joke about that sum where else.

Basically it went:

Chevron Guy: Genreal O'Neill sir. We got the UAV feed from P123X45 SG-2's mission there would be a sucide mission!

O'Neill: Give it to the russians.

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Those poor russians!

DarkQuee1
June 30th, 2004, 11:41 AM

Don't assume it's "prejudice". There was supposed to be a scene in an episode that explained why Jack has a problem with the Russians, but they cut it--so we don't have all the info. Remember that Jack was out in the field and we have no idea about everything he may have encountered out there.

J.

Tok'Ra Hostess
June 30th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Don't assume it's "prejudice". There was supposed to be a scene in an episode that explained why Jack has a problem with the Russians, but they cut it--so we don't have all the info. Remember that Jack was out in the field and we have no idea about everything he may have encountered out there.

J.

No matter what happened to him, it's no excuse for his blanket disrespect for every Russian he has met so far on the series. He has pre-judged that all Russians are like the one(s) he apparently had trouble with in his past. But that's okay; it's one of his character flaws, AFAIC. I'm just saying that it's going to cause him trouble in season eight when ... uh, not to spoil it or anything... what's supposed to happen, happens. ;)

Ugly Pig
June 30th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Most likely, he just doesn't like their way of doing things. See 'The Tomb'.

shinyredpants
June 30th, 2004, 12:06 PM
i dont think he hates all the russians per se...he just hates the russian military...

sarge
June 30th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Jack has lost some friends to the Russians, or at least communists. When you lose good friends you tend to hate the people that did it, it’s a normal response to combat losses. What will be interesting to see is if TPTB will allow Jack to grow and overcome his emotions or give in to his hate….

iluuuuuvjack
June 30th, 2004, 12:33 PM
I think Jack's just very cautious of people, especially ones that give Cyanide pills to their SG team, and are willing to leave their people behind. Respect has to be earnt when it comes to Jack O'Neill

Nolamom
June 30th, 2004, 01:31 PM
if TPTB will allow Jack to grow and overcome his emotions or give in to his hate….
But that could lead to the Dark Side, Luke! Oh, wait, Luke IS the dark side...just ask ShadowMaat

Anubis
June 30th, 2004, 11:09 PM
I agree. If you loose someone to another person, generally you don't ever get on well with that person again, ever

sarge
July 1st, 2004, 06:31 AM
I agree. If you loose someone to another person, generally you don't ever get on well with that person again, ever
Not only with the person but with everything associated with them. Many WW2 Vets still won't buy Toyota's (even if most of the vehicles are made in the USA now...) Sorrow leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and (yes, nolamom) hate leads to the dark side.
of course, Anubis already has that whole darth vader / emperor thing going…. Maybe he’s really jack’s father………
Come to the Dark Side JACK......

Anubis
July 1st, 2004, 07:13 AM
I agree, everything

Sela
July 1st, 2004, 07:13 AM
....of course, Anubis already has that whole darth vader / emperor thing going…. Maybe he’s really jack’s father………
Come to the Dark Side JACK......

ROFLOL!!! Is that heavy mechanical breathing I hear coming from the new SGC commander's office? :D

Anubis
July 1st, 2004, 07:19 AM
Hehehe. Anything is possible in the world of Stargate! :D

Sela
July 1st, 2004, 07:28 AM
Hehehe. Anything is possible in the world of Stargate! :D

ROFLOL!

I can just see Jack's face when Anubis poppes up in his office, streaches out his hand and says," Join me and together we can rule the SGC as Father and Son!"

I'm dying here ....

Anubis
July 1st, 2004, 08:17 AM
lol I could picture that now

prion
July 1st, 2004, 08:51 AM
Jack in charge is a scary thought, only because I'm basing my opinion on his past behavior (disobedience, the 'd'oh' moments, etc.) While he earned his promotion because he IS smart, he doesn't show it.

I also think that we will never see Russians again. This stems from his time in Iraq, no doubt, but he's got to move on and understand that there are bigger problems than the Russians.

Anubis
July 1st, 2004, 08:56 AM
I agree that Jack hasn't always been the brightest, but he makes the wisest decisions on behalf of SG-1 and what will be best for the mission. I believe that he will make a wonderful General and will do his very best

bcmilco
July 1st, 2004, 10:31 AM
No, no, no you've got it all wrong. Daniel is more the Luke of SG-1. and Jack is more the Han. If Anubis is anyone's father it would be Daniel :p

Anubis
July 1st, 2004, 10:53 AM
Hehehe! lol You're right! :D

Sela
July 1st, 2004, 04:55 PM
No, no, no you've got it all wrong. Daniel is more the Luke of SG-1. and Jack is more the Han. If Anubis is anyone's father it would be Daniel :p

I don't know - he could be both. I hear Anubis 'gets around'.... ;)

nugglebugget
July 3rd, 2004, 05:29 AM
ROFLOL!

I can just see Jack's face when Anubis poppes up in his office, streaches out his hand and says," Join me and together we can rule the SGC as Father and Son!"

I'm dying here ....
You know,every one else on the team has had some mention of their parents except "Jack".Maybe now we know why;) .

As for the "Russians",I wish they'd throw a little light on the subject of "Jack's" negativity & the reason behind it.He just never struck me as the sort to still be fghting the "cold war" just because.

Anubis
July 3rd, 2004, 05:54 AM
Yeah, we know all about the famalies and parents of such, but Jack we don't

Nolamom
July 4th, 2004, 03:20 PM
That way Jack remains an enigma...the complete "man of mystery". Except that we know about his ex-wife and his son, and we've met his former father-in-law. In Fragile Balance wasn't it established that he didn't have any siblings?

Ugly Pig
July 4th, 2004, 03:36 PM
In Fragile Balance wasn't it established that he didn't have any siblings?
Not really, just that what's-his-face didn't know about them. :)

Janus
July 5th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Maybe O'Neill had grandfather or an uncle he liked very much.
And that's why he let's everybody call him 'Jack', instead of Jonathan.

Jonathan is O'Neill's first real name.

Ugly Pig
July 5th, 2004, 04:39 AM
Maybe O'Neill had grandfather or an uncle he liked very much.
And that's why he let's everybody call him 'Jack', instead of Jonathan.
I'm sorry, what would the connection be between his grandfather and his name?

Anubis
July 5th, 2004, 06:40 AM
I have to agree. I know that he prefers Jack but I too don't see any connection

Janus
July 5th, 2004, 07:29 AM
I'm sorry, what would the connection be between his grandfather and his name?

Maybe his grandfather was called Jack.

Anubis
July 5th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Possibly. It's never really been mentioned why he prefers Jack to Jonathan but that's just the way it seems to be set up

Teal'c
July 5th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Actually, Jack's real name is John (His ID in Fragile Balance). Jonathan is from his credit in the movie, as Jonathan O'Neil, one L! :P And, as many people will tell you, John and Jonathan are different names! :P

Anubis
July 5th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Too right. Although sometimes it can be the same name, but shorter

Janus
July 7th, 2004, 05:24 AM
But what first name do you think the O'Neill clone will use ?
Jack or John ?

sarge
July 7th, 2004, 05:33 AM
But what first name do you think the O'Neill clone will use ?
Jack or John ?
Since he has all of big Jack’s memories he’ll probably stick with Jack. Of course he’s going through late adolescence again (eeeewwww :eek: )…. All kinda things could change…

Anubis
July 7th, 2004, 07:27 AM
I'm certain he'll stick with Jack, I have no idea why he would want to change

Tok'Ra Hostess
July 7th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Since he has all of big Jack’s memories he’ll probably stick with Jack. Of course he’s going through late adolescence again (eeeewwww :eek: )…. All kinda things could change…

That's gotta be wierd; the hormonal rushes of youth tempered by the memory of a wife and son.... :S

And to bring this back on topic ;) , now that we know from the season eight pictures in Jack's office,

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E
S

that Jack has a degree in engineering, maybe Clone Jack'll add diplomatic training to his roster. ;)

Janus
July 7th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Jack ? Diplomatic ?
Clone or not, I don't think that will ever happen.

BringerOfLight
July 7th, 2004, 11:25 AM
/me cocks eyebrow

Jack has an Engineering degree? Now I know those "d'oh" moments are just a facade, you can't be in SF and be a qualified engineer without being very smart.

Vyse
July 7th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Jack will also have to make sure he is in on time from now on :) !
He can't come in to the SGC thirty minutes late whenever he feels like it!

AgentX
July 7th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Who's gonna say that he's late? "Sorry boss, but you are 28 minutes late."
Not gonna happen :)

Vyse
July 7th, 2004, 06:39 PM
I imagine that if he made a habit of it the President would find out, and he would be pissed ;) ! lol

Kaloo
July 7th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Engeneering...

What kind of engeneering?