did dragons really exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did dragons really exist?

i personally believe that there was some sort of creature that could fly (probably not breathe fire) and resembled what we perseive as a dragon.

how else could two distinct cultures come up with the same creature? China has a lot of dragons in their art and history. and Europe has dragons in their fairy tales and myths. (the famous ones being the knight saving the princess from the dragon).

so i was just wondering what other people though.

(p.s, if there's another thread like this [i couldn't find it using search], please contact a mod to blend it with the original one)
    Save us from danger, save us from evil
    Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Your right there probably was some type of dragon
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

They did exist, whether or not they coexisted with man is the question, but they probably did, for all we know they still perhaps do, somewhere within the vast waters of the planet, as of yet unexplored.

Comment

The amount of information we don't know about our own planet is quite frightening, given the fact we're in the process (or were in the the process) of starting to consider trying to maybe think about colonising other worlds! but that is the way of man and our constant need of exploration and bettering others.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

One of the answers to why both cultures had dragons in them that I´ve heard is that both of them discovered dinosaur bones and invented them from those.

I seriously doubt that there ever were real dragons out there.

p.s. weren´t the Chines dragons without wings?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
            As far as I know the Chinese Dragons were indeed without wings (But I'm not 100% certain)

I'm not sure if they existed or not, I'd like to think they did (because that would be pretty cool ) But I think what Wyrminarrd said about both cultures discovering dinosaur bones is probably a good theory

Comment

There's a type of australian seahorse that looks like a tiny dragon. Really lovely, they are.

Madeleine

Comment

Pic?
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                  One of the answers to why both cultures had dragons in them that I´ve heard is that both of them discovered dinosaur bones and invented them from those.

I seriously doubt that there ever were real dragons out there.

that's what i always wondered. if they were really just dinosaurs.

but i agree that it would be really cool if they did.
                  Save us from danger, save us from evil
                  Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

What if they were just Dinosaurs, evidence has been uncovered that a race of miniature humans lived up until around 30thousand years ago, I would be excited to find out that Dinosaurs existed 10,000years in the past, or earlier, that they all weren't wiped out at the same time.

Comment

Different cultures also had vampire myths, but I don't believe that vampires ever existed.
                      sigpic
                      Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

There was an archaeological story a few years back of a mammoth skull fossil found in a temple-cave in the mediterranean. In its forehead was a large, central hole which looked as if it could have been an eye socket. Its image also appeared on ceramic paintings found nearby as resembling a cyclops.

If ancient humans found any sort of fragmented dinosaur remains, without the fully-excavated methods or context to piece them back together, surely they would construct some idea about what terrible or marvelous beasts they could have been, hencethe likely origins of dragons.
                        sigpic

Comment

And you just know that some passing knight found a dinosaur skeleton and bragged to the lads that he had slain it.
                          sigpic
                          Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Myths from finding dinosaurs bones most likely.
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

There are no six limbed land vertebrates in the fossil record. There isn't a chance in hell dragons ever existed, not the European version anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X