This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis loundry...

How do you think the people that are going to Atlantis are going to get new clothes/wash their clothes? I was wondering about that, haha... Do the ancients have clothes cleaners?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

You are wondering about their clothes

I got really scared when i heard that they are going to be stuck in the pegasus galaxy for a while (the so called voyager syndrome )
    think about it, they rely on the ammunition they got with them to fight the wraith or anything else. I do really hope, that they don't start running around only using alien weapons (by the way i like the zats, but only as an addition). i dunno but i think projectile weapons (if they are available - as it is not the case in star trek enterpise - and i love it ) are way cooler than lasers etc...

If they are using their p90s and barettas, like they do on sg1, after one or two episodes their supply should be gone by then, especially in a situation like being stranded on alien world, and it would be become silly, if they would be still using projectile weapons.

I know it is kind of crazy to be concerned about the ammunition, but i think it is a relevant part of the action, at least on sg1.

If i did understand anything wrong, please correct me, but these are my 2 cents.

Anyway, i am now going to watch the preview of atlantis - so excited

Live long and prosper for crying out loud.

Jannis_Equinox

Comment

I have to do launrdy as everybody else does sooo they propably do. There is plenty of water, for city is surrounded by it. It might be good for a change showing some of the cast doing there laundry in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Jannis_Equinox
        If they are using their p90s and barettas, like they do on sg1, after one or two episodes their supply should be gone by then, especially in a situation like being stranded on alien world, and it would be become silly, if they would be still using projectile weapons. I know it is kind of crazy to be concerned about the ammunition, but i think it is a relevant part of the action, at least on sg1.
        They're supposed to be bringing tasers with them so hopefully the power supply in these should last a while. Also, since they know they could be stranded away from earth for a long time, I'm guessing they brought a lot more amunition than they would on a normal mission.
        My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Perhaps they brought a hand loading(Bullet molds, cartiridge molds, reloading powder and primers) set just in case they run out of bullets, maybe when that runs out they start using alien metals to make bullets and strange concoctions to make powder and primer. Plus it would make the show abit more rough and 'gorrila' style which would make it 10x better.

Comment

I would think they could find a way using the advanced technologies in Atlantis to make more ammo, even if the new technology would seem more partical weaponry rather than projectile.

What I am wondering is, you'd think that they'd find Ancient Weapons (Advanced Weapons made by the Ancients) in Atlantis, but so far I haven't heard anything like that, the Ancients left 5 ships in Atlantis(so says the Atlantis site of Scifi.com), one being the Puddle Jumper, but no handheld weapons or any of that sort are mentioned to be found, projectile or partical.

As for the ammo, they knew they might not be able to come back, so with the equipment they sent through, they probably sent months worth or ammo, that's the best I'd think they could do. So after the first season is when they should start having to worry about that.

Comment

Do you want to hand-mould ammunition for a carbine with a cyclic rate of 900 rounds per minute?

It's possible that the Ancients left no hand weapons because they didn't use them. Is the PJ (oh, that was a mistake) armed?
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I guarantee the Ancients also made a naquada powered washing machine. Haven't you guys seen the spoiler images where there's a clothesline hanging out in the backyard of Atlantis?
                "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  Do you want to hand-mould ammunition for a carbine with a cyclic rate of 900 rounds per minute?

It's possible that the Ancients left no hand weapons because they didn't use them. Is the PJ (oh, that was a mistake) armed?
                  That does not mean it needs to be fired at that rate, a P90 still has semi-automatic and bursts can be controlled very easily and on full auto it produces very consistent groupings (Best ever is one long 50 round burst with all shots landing with a 9.5" circle, which is much better than an M4 or M16). Although I'm more worried about the P90's 50 round magazines holding up, the loading ramp in the magazine is apperently delicate. Oh and the P90 is'nt a carbine it is a Sub Machine Gun set-up in bullpup configuration (Breech is located behind the trigger) which gives it a very long length barrel in small package, when arranged with the stocks pressed against the a wall the P90 reaches the Magazine well of an MP5 but has a slightly longer barrel.

Comment

Atlantis is under WATER, then it RAISES, and then it's on the WATER....so why wouldn't they wash their closes in that water?! lol

Comment

Clothes arent the biggest issue. And why are you all conerned about ammo? Its not like they are going into D-Day and expecting a huge battle, there not gonna bring cases and cases of ammo. They dont even know the Wriaths exists. A lil more, yes, but they also need rations too. Also, they could bring Zats, and any SciFi enemy HAS TO have a laser beam. Its the unwritten rule.

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinmyownvoid
                        That does not mean it needs to be fired at that rate, a P90 still has semi-automatic and bursts can be controlled very easily and on full auto it produces very consistent groupings (Best ever is one long 50 round burst with all shots landing with a 9.5" circle, which is much better than an M4 or M16). Although I'm more worried about the P90's 50 round magazines holding up, the loading ramp in the magazine is apperently delicate. Oh and the P90 is'nt a carbine it is a Sub Machine Gun set-up in bullpup configuration (Breech is located behind the trigger) which gives it a very long length barrel in small package, when arranged with the stocks pressed against the a wall the P90 reaches the Magazine well of an MP5 but has a slightly longer barrel.
                        If we're going to be strict about this, it's a Personal Defence Weapon; this isn't the point. The point is that in an automatic weapon with a high rate of fire - and a delicate loading ramp - you really need uniform, machine-tooled ammunition.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I just want to say I am hoping that someone uses close range weapons...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                            If we're going to be strict about this, it's a Personal Defence Weapon; this isn't the point. The point is that in an automatic weapon with a high rate of fire - and a delicate loading ramp - you really need uniform, machine-tooled ammunition.
                            Yeah that is why they should be using (well the atlantis team) SR-47s which are an american variant of an AK setup similar to an Armalite (M16, M4, XM177, etc...) and made to higher construction standards so they can use ammo made by arthritic monkeys with brain problems.

Also a few seens of the Atlantis crew doing the tedious task of making ammo would be good setups for comic relief.

Comment

They probably also won't say anything about the toilets (like in star trek)

Comment

Working...
                              X