This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing uniform logos?

Has anyone noticed that the Atlantis shoulder logos and such have been removed from their uniforms the past few episodes? Is this to make sure that the Wraith don't know that Atlantis is still intact? (Though you'd think they figured that out if they found them at all)

i don't think it means anything becasue in some of the SG-1 ep the logos are also gone so i just think its some times they have em and sometimes they don't
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

I noticed that on all Stargate uniforms when they go to off world. SG-1 and Atlantis. not sure why they do that.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
        I noticed that on all Stargate uniforms when they go to off world. SG-1 and Atlantis. not sure why they do that.
        TPTB could say that if your trying to hide that your from Atlantis then not wearing the Atlantis patch is a very good idea
        Last edited by Steve_the_Wraith; 16 August 2005, 01:19 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

They did this alot in Season 1 too if you take a look.

-IMF
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
            They did this alot in Season 1 too if you take a look.

-IMF
            You're right...I noticed they don't wear their patches off world and found that interesting. I asked Joe about this too so hopefully he'll respond.

As for SG-1, if my memory serves me well (which would be a rare treat), the only time they remove their patches is when they are doing something on earth. I personally cannot recall an offworld mission where they removed their patches.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

They removed the patches for all of season 1, too, didn't they? I guess it might be a means of protecting their identity. As seen in "The Brotherhood," they let the indigenous people assume that they were the Ancients' descendants from Atlantis in order to gain their trust, so clearly not having any markings that indicate they're explorers from another galaxy sometimes works to their advantage. Although it's debatable whether anyone in the Pegasus galaxy would know what the hell the patches mean anyway.

As for SG-1, I have no clue why they ever remove their patches. They seem to wear them like 99% of the time, since they're pretty well-known around the galaxy at this point.
              Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
              Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
              Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
              Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

If I am not mistaken they are jackets that they wear over their uniforms, and instead of having the patch, there is just a black outline of it. But the uniform under the jacket has the patch. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the patches are optional velcro, maybe they just say "What the hey, i'll stop stating i'm from Atlantis because everyone knows i'm here and my country? they can hear it in my accent.." And for off-world missions? i'm pretty sure they keep the patches off so no one even has the chance to recognise that they come from Atlantis (Although the puddle jumpers are kinda a give-away..)

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                    They removed the patches for all of season 1, too, didn't they? I guess it might be a means of protecting their identity. As seen in "The Brotherhood," they let the indigenous people assume that they were the Ancients' descendants from Atlantis in order to gain their trust, so clearly not having any markings that indicate they're explorers from another galaxy sometimes works to their advantage. Although it's debatable whether anyone in the Pegasus galaxy would know what the hell the patches mean anyway.

As for SG-1, I have no clue why they ever remove their patches. They seem to wear them like 99% of the time, since they're pretty well-known around the galaxy at this point.
                    and they would have suceeded in "The Brotherhood" had Mckay shut his trap.
                    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

It makes good tactical sense to remove them in Atlantis. They have bright, colorful patches, which are not conducive to snekaing around. SG-1 sometimes removes them as well when they are trying to be especially stealthy.

And yes, they are attached with velcro. This was finally confirmed in 'Lost City' when Jack ripped Daniel's Earth POO patch off his shoulder.

a time to mourn

Comment

they got lost in the wash
                        Attached Files

Comment

They've been removing them ever since the start. I only noticed this recently when I finally got to watch "Rising" on TV instead of through squinty-vision on the computer. The team arrived at Atlantis all wearing their logos, but took them off when they went to Athos.

The suggestion that they're a bit bright is the best I've heard. I was assuming that they removed them in order to hide their identity in the same way that they would on Earth, but this made no sense because nobody in Pegasus had heard of them at that point! However, Sumner struck me as a "by the book" type guy, so it was probably automatic to do so. But it certainly makes more sense than SGC teams who happily prance around the galaxy showing off their point of origin symbol to anyone who wants to know!

Comment

yeah i noticed that to

Comment

The point of origin symbol is no big deal, since their big villains all knew where they were from right from the start.
                              Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                              Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                              Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                              Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Working...
                              X