This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 to choose (spoilers s8)

between the reps and Goa'uld in season 8 ? Why? Can't they just sit back and watch the reps/goa'uld destroy one another? Although it might not be "fair" aren't the reps and the Goa'uld earth's biggest enemies? I guess they will choose to side with the Goa'uld as a) the Goa'uld are one of the galaxy's most dominant forces and could help defeat the reps b) cause the idea of reps in our galaxy doesn't sound too good and c) and most cynically, the goa'uld serve as a convient stop gap measure against the reps as they are after both us and the galaxies resources-the majority of which are controlled by the Goa'uld.

What do you guys think? Or am I talking junk..again?

P.S. I should of put this in Season 8's thing...my fault sorry.
    Last edited by hail_jack; 29 June 2004, 06:16 AM.
    Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
    O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Originally posted by hail_jack
    between the reps and Goa'uld in season 8 ? Why? Can't they just sit back and watch the reps/goa'uld destroy one another?
    I presume that somehow one side or the other (or both) will force Earth to get involved by threatening Earth or other humans. Their war will probably encompass a great deal of territory.

I guess they will choose to side with the Goa'uld....
    I think they'll choose the side of the Gou'ald because they're probably the lesser of two evils... more easily defeated than the replicators (as evidenced by the Asgard who can kick Gou'ald butt, but can't stop the replicators) and they're more understandable and like us in that they're emotional (even if it's mostly arrogance). It's kind of like choosing between a dog and a rock.

Comment

I agree, picking the Goa'uld over the Replicators would help the after battle between humans and the Goa'uld, assuming that the combined forces can destroy the Replicators
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
        I agree, picking the Goa'uld over the Replicators would help the after battle between humans and the Goa'uld, assuming that the combined forces can destroy the Replicators
        I'm guessing that they side with the Replicators, in a twist.

Spoilers...

Doesn't SG-1 have some weapon that will destroy the Replicator blocks?
        How could they leave me out?

Comment

The only weapon that really works against them is earth guns
          __

__

Comment

I think I read when RDA was on Kilborn they showed a clip from New Order.

Spoliers...

In the clip, Jack shoots a bug with some ray gun and it disintegrates. Sounds cool.
            How could they leave me out?

Comment

Yeah, it's some kind of Ancient weapon
              __

__

Comment

Working...
              X