Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Jumpers Can We Possibly Have Left?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Jumpers Can We Possibly Have Left?

I appologize if this has been posted previously, but I'm just wondering... with all the jumpers lost, destroyed, or stolen - how many could possibly be left? Does Atlantis just keep putting new ones back where the old ones go when they get destroyed? I mean seriously... if we counted up how many have been destroyed so far, I think it would be a higher number than how many we had originally when Atlantis first aired. Whats the deal with the jumpers?
    Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

From what I could guess, at Rising we had thirty jumpers. Now, I'd say between 15-20.
    Rush rocks.

Comment

Where did you get the number thirty?

I only saw five...
      We are the ori. You will be assymilated. Resistance is futile.

Comment

i'd say we had about 8 to begin with. but anyway, we have (X-2) jumpers where X is the number of jumpers we had to begin with.

Spoiler:
        we lost one in the brotherhood and one in the seige part 3.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
          We also lost one in Condemned.
          Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

oh ya. just so recent, i forgot about it.
            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

You're talking about a city the size of Manhattan. I look at puddle jumpers as subway cars. NY has a lot of subway cars even though you only see a few at a time.
              Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
                You're talking about a city the size of Manhattan. I look at puddle jumpers as subway cars. NY has a lot of subway cars even though you only see a few at a time.
                exactly my thoughts. They should have plenty but it would be nice to see them not blown up and shot down all the time. I personally don't understand why they don't fly around cloaked all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by illuminarok
                  Spoiler:
                  We also lost one in Condemned.
                  I haven't actually seen the ep yet, but from what I've read in the summaries I've found, it sounds like there's no reason that they can't go back and salvage that jumper after the wraith are....finished
                  sigpic
                  Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                  "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by slammed
                    exactly my thoughts. They should have plenty but it would be nice to see them not blown up and shot down all the time. I personally don't understand why they don't fly around cloaked all the time.
                    Because A:That would drain power alot faster than flying without the cloak on and B:They're idiots when it comes to the puddle jumpers.
                    An on A, we're assuming that the jumper has quite a limited supply of energy.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

A) I've counted as many as seven jumpers in one shot of the jumper bay in season one. They jumpers are arrayed in two tiers, apparantly in a circle. Two ships face each other head on, with two between them around the curve of the bay. Asuming that it is a full circle, that puts six positions, times two levels, for twelve jumpers. There could also be more places around the city that houses more, it is a big place.

B) There are as many jumpers as the writers are going to call for over the course of the show. If they want to blow up forty more in the season finale, there will still be plenty left over.

a time to mourn

Comment

I am waiting for the episode where they show you doing more city exploring and find a hanger with 100's of puddle jumpers and 100's of ZPM's.

Cliff
                        Got computer problems? visit http://theportal.dyndns.org/tech

Living TV's Most Haunted, get the spooks, visit http://theportal.dyndns.org/mosthaunted.

Comment

Originally posted by cjp_24
                          I am waiting for the episode where they show you doing more city exploring and find a hanger with 100's of puddle jumpers and 100's of ZPM's.

Cliff
                          Spolier...
                          This is in relation to the 100s of ZPMs comment. Why in 'While we sleep' would Janus put Weir in stasis to rotate the ZPMs to extend the power if they had a storage room full of 'em. Just a thought. Make that episode and Wier's sacrifice mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan
                            Spolier...
                            This is in relation to the 100s of ZPMs comment. Why in 'While we sleep' would Janus put Weir in stasis to rotate the ZPMs to extend the power if they had a storage room full of 'em. Just a thought. Make that episode and Wier's sacrifice mean nothing.
                            Maybe he thought it would be funny! After all some people would say the ancients are evil and arrogant based on their ascended actions!

But anyway as for 100's of PJ's, I dunno whether there will be. The ancients don't strike me as big ship people. After all they must have built the stargates for a reason!

Comment

I asked the question once, and some very helpful people pointed me to the "ask Mr.Producer guys thread" where they said Atlantis had about 12-15 jumpers, but that they might find more later.

So far Atlantis has lost:
                              Spoiler:

1 Destroyed by the scout
                              1 Stolen by Ford (May have been retrieved)
                              1 Torn apart for the cloak, which is probably still flyable, but may not have the ability to cloak anymore
                              1 Used to destroy a hive ship using Genii nukes
                              1 Left behind in Condemned

Comment

Working...
                              X