This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tok'ra??

hey, I was just wondering if anyone has heard any mention of the tokra showing up in season 9, even just a mention of them. They simply just seem to have disappeared altogether. I would have thought that would at least send a fruit basket through the gate as a tank you for destroying an enemy they could not after thousands of years trying.

Originally posted by Lightning
    hey, I was just wondering if anyone has heard any mention of the tokra showing up in season 9, even just a mention of them. They simply just seem to have disappeared altogether. I would have thought that would at least send a fruit basket through the gate as a tank you for destroying an enemy they could not after thousands of years trying.
    I heard mention of them in "Ex Deus Machina", apparently they are still supplying information to their former allies. I keep wondering what they are up to now the systems lord's power is broken. Fighting the Goa'uld was all they had
    sigpic

Comment

the tok'ras gonna probibily die out within a generation or 2 because there are couple hundred of the left and they have no queen(many of them are old too).

Comment

ya, i think by the end of the series, we'll see the tokra die out. and with
        Spoiler:
        jacob gone
        , we dont really have an insight into what what the tok'ra are doing.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

This is a topic that I am annoyed that TPTB have ignored so far. I want to see them adapt and respond to the fact that the Goa'uld are defeated. They were fighting the Goa'uld for thousands of years, and we get no reaction! Really annoying.

Comment

Hey, the season isn't over yet. I think we'll get at least some mention of what's been going on with our former allies the tok'ra. On the topic of their future as a species though, not looking so good. Unless they start using the sarcophagus or something, there aren't going to be any tok'ra left in a few years. Sucks to be them, I guess.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They're probably sulking about having spent thousands of years toiling only to have a bunch of young'uns do what they've been trying to for thousands of years. No doubt they're doing some thumb twiddling as well wondering what they're going to do with themselves now that they don't have to devote their every waking thought to getting rid of the Goauld.
              I suppose they can devote some real thought to saving themselves from extinction. It would be nice to see them accomplish it rather than die out altogether... although I doubt they'll get too many volunteers for joining even if they do manage to save themselves. If they're really lucky they may start building a society like the Trill in Star Trek.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I'd love to learn something more about the Tok'ra who removed Vala's Goaul'd symbiote and healed her.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                  They're probably sulking about having spent thousands of years toiling only to have a bunch of young'uns do what they've been trying to for thousands of years. No doubt they're doing some thumb twiddling as well wondering what they're going to do with themselves now that they don't have to devote their every waking thought to getting rid of the Goauld.
                  I suppose they can devote some real thought to saving themselves from extinction. It would be nice to see them accomplish it rather than die out altogether... although I doubt they'll get too many volunteers for joining even if they do manage to save themselves. If they're really lucky they may start building a society like the Trill in Star Trek.
                  Well, the way I've always seen it is like this... They actually have the body of Egeria their Queen. So they need to use it. Clone her. Her clone would give new life to the Tok'ra race. I mean, really...! If a bunch of low-life human scientist working for the rogue NID could do it... why not the Tok'ra?? After all, their sciences are ahead of ours, so it shouldn't be too difficult. With a new cloned Queen, she'd be able to spawn new Tok'ra and just for good measure (I cannot believe she didn't do it already *stupid, stupid, stupid*), she could produce a few more queens to ensure the race's survival.

Having done that, I agree that they should do whatever they can to integrate themselves 'ala' the Trill. There are actually reasons for people being willing to become a host. The same reason Jacob Carter did it for one thing. People with illnesses, would be given new life and have their life span more than doubled. Also, they would recieve an abundance of knowledge upon blending with a symbiote. Sure, it might suck to have to share your body (ala "Duet" on SGA), but it would be better than dying... right?? To each his/her own. Anyways, with their being a benevolent offshoot of the Goa'uld I could see them integrating with a primitive human civilization and while lifting those people from the dark ages into a scientific and technological golden age that would very likely cause the people of that planet to revere them much as the Trill revere their symbiotes on Star Trek. If I were a Tok'ra, that would be my plan.
                  The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                  Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                  My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                  Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Maybe they will use the time machine to go and get their queen? lol

Comment

When asked if we will see the Tok'Ra, Asgard, and Nox this season, Mr. Malozzi replied that one is definite, one is most likely, and one is no way.

Now, an Asgard has already been scheduled to appear in the back half of season 9, making this the definite. The Nox haven't even been thought of, so they're probably the no way. That leaves #2. I hope they do show up, perhaps to seek help about their problem.
                      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                      Stargate Destiny, Fan
                      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Maybe the Tok'ra will learn how to ascend...

Comment

or perhaps they can help us defeat the ori, if that's even possible.
                          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

We should just try and find a way to destroy all human life in the Ori's galaxy...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                              We should just try and find a way to destroy all human life in the Ori's galaxy...
                              The Ori are evil but many (maybe most) of the people in that Galaxy aren't. Who knows how many more people like Harrid, Sallis and Fannis are out there
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X