X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucas Details TV Plans

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=31858

Star Wars creator George Lucas told a conference that he will turn his attentions more to television projects, including two Star Wars-themed series, Variety reported. Lucas made the comments in a keynote talk at the annual Siggraph computer graphics conference and trade show. "My life's too short to become a film studio," he reportedly said.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

behold the power of stupid.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Are you referring to the Sony Digicam bit?
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

This could be good *IF* Lucas stayed away from it. he's old and the prequels were lacking. Anyone with a PC or Xbox play Knights of the Old Republic, now that is the essence of star wars. brilliant. and Lucas had nothing to do with the storyline

Oh and by the way I hear that one of the TV shows is set between episodes 3 and 4 focusing on what happens to some of the more minor characters from the films. Not sure if that will work out, ideas change so often.

Comment

That would be interesting but would it be good?

Some films are best left alone without a series to accompany it. But Stargate worked out, Star Wars...we just dont know.
          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
          LOVE HIM-> DT
          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

*hits head on keyboard*

They should just quit while they're slightly ahead...

Unrelated to the Star Wars bit...

I was looking at the poll on the side. It's about Alias.

'Has Alias jumped the shark?'

And the first option says 'Yes! No Agent Weiss!'

... NO WEISS??? WTF???

*upset*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              *hits head on keyboard*
              You do know that is bad for your health
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                You do know that is bad for your health
                No, it's bad for the computer's health

I'm perfectly fine...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

yea i also heard she was leaving the show.... what's Alias without her??!?
                  Oh and i love that saying "jumped the shark"
                  copied from somethingawful
                  for those not in the know it gets it's name based from the episode when Fonzie, from Happy Days, jumps a shark as part of an episode. Universally this is accepted as the pinnacle of where the show lost its vision and went astray.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning
                    This could be good *IF* Lucas stayed away from it. he's old and the prequels were lacking. Anyone with a PC or Xbox play Knights of the Old Republic, now that is the essence of star wars. brilliant. and Lucas had nothing to do with the storyline

Oh and by the way I hear that one of the TV shows is set between episodes 3 and 4 focusing on what happens to some of the more minor characters from the films. Not sure if that will work out, ideas change so often.
                    So one of the shows will be "The Life and Times of Jar Jar Binks". Do I smell a hit? Well I smell somthing...
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I think you forgot the s in describing what you smell.....

Comment

i sure hope it isnt after episode 3 and before episode 4, if so i gues they will feature characters from the flicks and things we alredy know. it dosent work as well in a sci fi series as say quentin tarrenteno films where we see the end we know what has happened take pulp fiction for example we see the diner getting held up and we meet the two main characters but it takes us back and we find that it is a series of events and why it happend from the start at the end, this however dosent work so well for star wars, we have seen the end, the fall of the empire and the rebirth of the galaxy but the events that led up to it are pointless we dont care what somebody did years before in all 3 films to have in the back of our minds we know the outcome and that anakin will turn to the dark side people will die and the republic will fall. a series that fills the gap between this mundane and updated period dosent to me sound like a grea idea for a series, why wasent it done for the film? if it is each week or so we see the characters either in battle fighing for a free galaxy but all the while its futile it wont change what has been brought to the big screen all those years back.

now if it will be set after episode 6 then it will be a different matter and can evolve along what ever the writter want, characters from the film or their offspring would work the galaxy is thrown into turmoil again against a new enemy struggling to rebuild the republic with a new order of jedi that are dark and evil but in a new setting where we dont forsee the ending whenever that will be.
                        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                          So one of the shows will be "The Life and Times of Jar Jar Binks".
                          I am one of the rare people who like Jar Jar
                          love Torri

Comment

I´m certainly going to give the series a chance, it´s not like there is that many sci-fi shows out there that one can afford to dismiss any potentially good ones.

I just hope that they will make the show revolve around the characters and not stuff that leads up to episode IV. I´d like it to be about smugglers who just happen to be around at that time and have no connection to anything else we´ve seen in the movies. I´m not saying that they couldn´t happen to take a contract from the rebel alliance once or twice but that should be stand alone episodes and not an arc were they eventually become members of the alliance.

I just wish Lucas would do a series that happens after the events of episode VI, there is still a massive empire out there....

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                              I just wish Lucas would do a series that happens after the events of episode VI, there is still a massive empire out there....
                              Here you start running into problems as there is already so many books etc. on that - if they did a series they would have to stick to the books version of things and that wouldnt be very original
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X