This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jumper tech

how many gadets does the jumper have?????

Lol, a hell of alot...Define gadgets..Still, if your talking about:Weapons. The fact it can fit throug hthe gate, it can fly? it can dial a DHD (it has shields??) (The episode when they first find the satellite..Instink i think it was)
    On the shields note:Were those the jumpers? or the Wraith??? I'm a little confused on the whole Shields thing. They say in several episodes they say the wraiths shields will be hard to beat but in siege part three the beaming technology seems to just pass through anything and the railgun bullets don't seem to meet any resistance in hitting it again. Also, how powerful are the drones??? Can someone tell me how much damage they can cause to a Ha'tak and a wraith ship alone.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

The jumpers do not have shields, thats final, Joe Mallozzi said so in his blog, the puddle jumper SG-1 had took down a Hata'k vessel in one or two shots I believe.
      "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
      Woman:What
      Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

Ok thanks, that'll fix that annoying kink in my future arguments, it seems that no one in the Pegasus galaxy had shields from what we've seen, kinda sad judging the whole Milky way is full of 'em....

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

But if the wraith built shields the ancient weaponary would just pierce them or just bypass them altogether, so i guess they used the extra power for not having to power their sheilds on weaponary.
          Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
          Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
          - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
          - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

I think the drones must have a sheild peircing ability because they have passed through every sheild they have come across that weve seen. So the Wraith just put the power into weapons, aswell as the power from the reduced hyperdrive.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

but they do have sheilds and if they didnt y is there a sheild presint in the ep "the defient one"

Comment

I think the writers defenaatley need to clear up whther they have sheilds or not and where that sheild in 'The Defiant One' came from.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

The shield in the defiant one was created by the wraith using the ancients tech in the puddle jumper. As we've seen from episodes such as siege III the cloaking mechanism and shielding mechanisms are very similar. If you had nothing to do for 10000 years but study technology, you'd make one too.
                  Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                  Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                  Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                  Vicious

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
                    Ok thanks, that'll fix that annoying kink in my future arguments, it seems that no one in the Pegasus galaxy had shields from what we've seen, kinda sad judging the whole Milky way is full of 'em....
                    In the episode “Before I Sleep” the pilot of the ancient transport ship returning to atlantis had at one point said that the ships shields were damaged, followed by Janis advising him to engage the auxiliary power to try and outrun the wraith. So it appears that the ancients did indeed have shields on some of their vessels, unless they refer to the ships cloaking device as a shield.

Comment

Well drone weapons are powerfull. I believe there 6 drones per puddle jumper.

1 drone hitting a wraith dart destroyed.
                      2 drones hit 1 hatak and destroyed it.
                      spoliers for season 2 ep 5
                      Spoiler:

1 drone from a damaged puddle jumper that power ploblems hit a wraith cruiser.The wraith cruiser survived however it looked like to some decent damaged. After taking damaged the wraith cruiser kind of looked it retreating(exiting the atmosphere of planet) However in that episode it only a few second after being hit you do not see what happens to it. You see another cruiser. I did manage to upload some screen shots of it and uploaded them to http://www.stargatetechworld.com/wc/ Frankly I believe 6 drones should destroy a wraith cruiser possibilty of 4 or less destroying it. The only ploblem for a puddle jumper to destroy a wraith cruiser is that does appear to have energy weapons can which could possibly destroy or least damage the puddle jumper badly before it had time to destroy the wraith cruiser.
                      http://www.stargatetechworld.com/gif...f302launch.gif

Comment

yes the writers need to explane weather or not the jumpers have sheilds maybe they do and maybe they dont

Comment

And what about Turkey Sandwich makers? The PJ certainly should have some of those!
                          JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                          VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                          MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                          LANDRY
                          : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                          Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                          Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                          Mmm... Green...

Comment

Jumper Features

Drones
                            DHD
                            Cloaking
                            Gate-Jumping
                            Geography Scanning
                            Shields... but it's manual controlled. (The Defiant One)
                            Inertial Dampeners

anything else?
                            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

The two drive pods that extend. What else?
                              JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                              VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                              MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                              LANDRY
                              : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                              Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                              Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                              Mmm... Green...

Comment

Working...
                              X