Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teyla's wraith sensing ability (spoilers proberly)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla's wraith sensing ability (spoilers proberly)

didnt any 1 notice in this eposode that teyla didnt sense the wraith crusier/s coming to the planet even when it was really close. there bound to be more then a few wraith on them and there was 3 of them them. i was thinkin it may be because of the wraith physical link being used per hiveship not the whole fleet
    tell me ur ideas for the reason she didnt sense them.

She did, she also made contact with them to say that they were going to destroy the city right before they blew the bomb above the shield.
    "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
    Woman:What
    Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

salas1, i think sinister is refering to waht happened in Condemned

Comment

Originally posted by BuuZeroC
        salas1, i think sinister is refering to waht happened in Condemned
        yeah im talkin about the ep Condemned

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the Wraith crusiers. Why didn't Telya know they were coming and why didn't she sense the Wraith that was already there? And vice versa, why don't the Wraith sense her seeing as how their telepathic abilities are stronger? Shouldn't they be able to know another Wraith is heading their way?

I guess it was an error. One of those many little things they overlooked.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Sorry haven't seen past the siege part 3 as I live in the UK and am currently waiting for SKYone to put it on, I only saw the siege finale as I was in the states at the time. At least I wasn't left with a cliffhanger though.
            "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
            Woman:What
            Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Salas1
              Sorry haven't seen past the siege part 3 as I live in the UK and am currently waiting for SKYone to put it on, I only saw the siege finale as I was in the states at the time. At least I wasn't left with a cliffhanger though.
              I thought the seige part 2 was a cliffhanger, infact there were alot of cliffhangers in that ep.
              Spoiler:
              In lost boys someone says that teyla's telepathic ability caused the wraith to limit it to each hive ship, so that could be why. Also prehaps however the wraith was hiding the planet from the other wraith (if he was) is the same reason Teyla couldn't sense it. According to some posts in other threads there's a hive mind that controls the ability. Maybe the wraith adjusted it to suit him.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sinisterdeath
                yeah im talkin about the ep Condemned
                Nothing like what you've mentioned happened in Condemned. The nuke thing was from Seige part 3. I think you're getting Condemned and Seige part 3 mixed up.

While Teyla has telepathic abilities, that doesn't necessarily mean that she can use them all the time, or that she is super powerful or anything. Maybe there where not enough Wraith for her to pick up, or maybe she was distracted with trying to deal with those prisoners, and wasn't focusing on the Wraith.

Comment

Maybe cuase she had already sensed the one from the dart which left only a little bit before the cruisers showed up, she didn't notice it coming back since it was there for so long when the other one was there. Or maybe you can hear/see a big friggin space ship descending on your position before Teyla's sence kicks in.

Perfecto!

Comment

she doesn't have a lot of Wraith blood in her DNA so she can't always sense it. In Atlantis, when there was a wraith there, it was strong because it was always there and wouldn't leave. In Condemned, she was too concentrated with being captured. The Wraith Dart didn't leave, did it? cuz if it didn't then she probably sensed that Wraith but not others.
                    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

yeah i think the wraith dart did leave, im sure thry said something like, its gone, but didn't cull anything, an d then ronan said that it just went to the main land then back again
                      or something like that

Comment

Working...
                      X