PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones

D.C.
June 28th, 2004, 06:23 PM
What's your favourite Indiana Jones movie? Are you looking forward to Indiana Jones 4? :)

David
June 28th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Raiders, then Crusade, and Doom never happened ;)

Has the fourth been confirmed?

D.C.
June 28th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Yeah, the fourth is in pre-production, but don't look for it anytime soon. They're not going to make it until they (Ford, Lucas, and Spielberg) agree on a script that they all like. Frank Darabont wrote a draft recently that both Ford and Spielberg liked, but Lucas wanted it to be more fast paced or something. I think they're getting someone to do a rewrite. It definately won't be Ford or Spielbergs next movie now.

My favourite in order would be Last Crusade, Temple of Doom, and Raiders. :)

AbydosTraveller
June 30th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Last Crusade, ToD, Raiders. (Sean Connery made Last Crusade great... ;) )

I wish they'd get a move on... but then, I'm kind of afraid what they might do. Look at what happened to Star Wars when they tried to bring that back with Episode 1! Everything that people loved in IV, V, and VI was destroyed.

Thanks for the info... I had only heard murmurs of rumours about the 4th.

Champos
June 30th, 2004, 09:12 AM
My favourıte was always the Last Crusade, wıth Raıders of the Lost Ark next and, lıke the wıse man saıd: Doom never happened. As for the fourth fılm, supposedly ıt also has Callısta Flockhart (Ally McBeal) ın ıt; what wıth her goıng out wıth Harrıson Ford you can understand why...

AbydosTraveller
June 30th, 2004, 09:15 AM
...supposedly ıt also has Callısta Flockhart (Ally McBeal) ın ıt; what wıth her goıng out wıth Harrıson Ford you can understand why...

I hate it when that happens. "Oh, I'm married to / dating ________, so I should be in a movie with him/her." Look... just... no. :S It's REALLY bad when the date / spouse isn't even an actor and feel they have to be in the movie... at least in this case it is an acrtess.

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 01:58 PM
I hope that Lucas won't screw up the movie by making it more 'fast paced'. :)

David
June 30th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Yes I definitely hope Lucas remains in the back seat. It'd be great if they pulled over and let him out, but I think he holds too many keys to the Indiana kingdom for that to happen.

How long has this film been in Pre-Production? Any clue what it'll be about?

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 02:21 PM
I guess George Lucas was heavily involved with the other movies, so he may not screw it up, but then look at the Star Wars movies. (He also wanted to make The Last Crusade about a haunted castle. :))

There's no news on the story of Indiana Jones 4, but its been established that it will be set in the '50s. There obviously going to acknowlege that Harrison Ford is older now. The Raider (http://www.theraider.net/) is probably the best Indiana Jones fansite. They've been tracking the prodoction there, if you're interested. At the base of the page is a section called Indy 4 Headlines.

Anthro Girl
June 30th, 2004, 02:48 PM
I agree with David: Raiders first, then Crusade. Doom should have been a video game, if anything at all.

Andfertheloveofallthatisholy, please keep it away from Lucas! Take his money, pay his FX and sound companies, but keep him away from the script! :S

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Yeah, if both Ford and Spielberg liked the script, they should overrule Lucas. Spielberg's awesome and more trust worthy.

Bogopimp
June 30th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Temple of Doom
Raiders
Last Crusade

Tbh, i dunno why this is in sci-fi and fantasy, this was a documentary! :P
I hope the 4th one is good. It isnt like harrison ford is as young as he used to be. Maybe he can pull a sean connery and bring it out for one last roll aroudn the jungle :)

Spielberg probly is more turstworth than lucas, but lucas is better, no doubt. I mean, look at what spielberg did... "Jurrassic Park", all possibly 4 of them ? awful films! But then he did do schindelers list, which was good. But geroge lucas masterminded star wars! Whose the other guy ? nobody cares about him! :P

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Spielberg has had more hits then Lucas. The first two Jurrasic Parks were pretty decent. The new Star Wars movies are also decent, but not awesome.

David
July 3rd, 2004, 03:38 PM
Spielberg has been doing one film after another. Lucas took a break of, what, thirty years before going back to films? I would guess Sp would have more success. But if I had to choose between Steven and George, I'd pick the former every time.

Ugly Pig
July 3rd, 2004, 04:20 PM
Spielberg has been doing one film after another. Lucas took a break of, what, thirty years before going back to films?
If we're talking about directing, then yeah - he took a pretty long break. In fact, between Star Wars (1977) and Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (1999) he didn't direct at all. He did, however, write and produce stuff.

I would guess Sp would have more success. But if I had to choose between Steven and George, I'd pick the former every time.
If we are talking about who should direct Indy 4, then sure it should be Spielberg. I mean, he did do the first three...

David
July 3rd, 2004, 05:57 PM
I'm talking picking Spielberg over Lucas for pretty much anything! lol

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
Heh, Spielberg's got more credibility. :)

D.C.
July 11th, 2004, 08:29 PM
http://filmforce.ign.com/indy/articles/529/529496p1.html

D.C.
July 11th, 2004, 08:29 PM
I hope Lucas doesn't screw it up. :)

Anthro Girl
July 11th, 2004, 11:59 PM
http://filmforce.ign.com/indy/articles/529/529496p1.html
Lucas rejected a script by Frank Darabont. What else do you need to know? Granted, Darabont's work isn't generally well-known for being fast paced, but it has been quite solid as of late. Spielberg's work in this genre is always quick and snappy. George should just leave the project to people who love the characters he dreamed up. It's been proven that he can't be trusted with his own legacy. :p

D.C.
July 12th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Atleast they're only going to make the movie if they all like the script. If he wrecks it, the other two will want to re-write it again. :)

Ancient 1
August 7th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Raiders, then Crusade, and Doom never happened ;)

Has the fourth been confirmed?
Yea, same thoughts here. Although one of My D&D characters is a cleric of Kali. It makes for interesting play when everyone else around you is out to crush the forces of evil. :D :rolleyes:

Indiana
August 10th, 2004, 10:26 AM
This isn't just Goerge's baby. if it was there's a chance it could go the way of the prequesl of SW and not live up to a lot of fans expectations, but it has to be liked by all of the big three in this case (Spielberg, Ford and Lucas). Spielberg will direct this, not george. George will co-write with someone else and not all on his own. Ford will star. Williams will score. Marshall will produce. Khan will edit.

On the note of faves i think my fave is The Last Crusade, but I find it very tough to find a favourite. I'd love to see another Indy film. I picked up my nickname from indy for another board and kind of used it on every other board minus am on minus one.

We had discussions on TheRadier.Net that if Indy was to become a franchise like Bond and someone else was to play him, who would it be? Many Suggested Dennis Quaid for Indy. http://www.stargatesg-1.net/blah/whip.gif

Larry
August 10th, 2004, 12:49 PM
I love Harrison Ford, however I think he's probably getting a bit long in the tooth to be doing Indiana Jones again. By the time they finally get to shooting, he'll probably be in his mid-60's (he's 62 now, dob 7/13/42 according to the Internet Movie Database). I adored Sean Connery as James Bond too, but at some point actors have to change the kinds of roles they take. I'm sure the film will get made, and I'm sure it'll make money, but I kinda wish they'd leave the franchise the way it is.

Ancient 1
August 11th, 2004, 10:44 AM
What could he possibly be after this time that is going to peak my interest?

VirtualCLD
August 11th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Indiana Jones and the Fate of ATLANTIS!!!!! And the plot twist is... ::drum role:: it isn't on Earth, it's in another Galaxy!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I'll be accepting death threats and assasination attempts for that lame joke.... Now.
Also, for those of you who may or may not know, that was the name of a LucasArts Indiana Jones Adventure game.