This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indiana Jones

What's your favourite Indiana Jones movie? Are you looking forward to Indiana Jones 4?

Raiders, then Crusade, and Doom never happened

Has the fourth been confirmed?

Comment

Yeah, the fourth is in pre-production, but don't look for it anytime soon. They're not going to make it until they (Ford, Lucas, and Spielberg) agree on a script that they all like. Frank Darabont wrote a draft recently that both Ford and Spielberg liked, but Lucas wanted it to be more fast paced or something. I think they're getting someone to do a rewrite. It definately won't be Ford or Spielbergs next movie now.

My favourite in order would be Last Crusade, Temple of Doom, and Raiders.

Comment

Last Crusade, ToD, Raiders. (Sean Connery made Last Crusade great... )

I wish they'd get a move on... but then, I'm kind of afraid what they might do. Look at what happened to Star Wars when they tried to bring that back with Episode 1! Everything that people loved in IV, V, and VI was destroyed.

Thanks for the info... I had only heard murmurs of rumours about the 4th.

Comment

My favourıte was always the Last Crusade, wıth Raıders of the Lost Ark next and, lıke the wıse man saıd: Doom never happened. As for the fourth fılm, supposedly ıt also has Callısta Flockhart (Ally McBeal) ın ıt; what wıth her goıng out wıth Harrıson Ford you can understand why...
          sum ergo cogitum
          I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
            ...supposedly ıt also has Callısta Flockhart (Ally McBeal) ın ıt; what wıth her goıng out wıth Harrıson Ford you can understand why...
            I hate it when that happens. "Oh, I'm married to / dating ________, so I should be in a movie with him/her." Look... just... no. It's REALLY bad when the date / spouse isn't even an actor and feel they have to be in the movie... at least in this case it is an acrtess.

Comment

I hope that Lucas won't screw up the movie by making it more 'fast paced'.

Comment

Yes I definitely hope Lucas remains in the back seat. It'd be great if they pulled over and let him out, but I think he holds too many keys to the Indiana kingdom for that to happen.

How long has this film been in Pre-Production? Any clue what it'll be about?

Comment

I guess George Lucas was heavily involved with the other movies, so he may not screw it up, but then look at the Star Wars movies. (He also wanted to make The Last Crusade about a haunted castle. )

There's no news on the story of Indiana Jones 4, but its been established that it will be set in the '50s. There obviously going to acknowlege that Harrison Ford is older now. The Raider is probably the best Indiana Jones fansite. They've been tracking the prodoction there, if you're interested. At the base of the page is a section called Indy 4 Headlines.

Comment

I agree with David: Raiders first, then Crusade. Doom should have been a video game, if anything at all.

Andfertheloveofallthatisholy, please keep it away from Lucas! Take his money, pay his FX and sound companies, but keep him away from the script!
                    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                    once done, cannot be undone...
                    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Yeah, if both Ford and Spielberg liked the script, they should overrule Lucas. Spielberg's awesome and more trust worthy.

Comment

Temple of Doom
                        Raiders
                        Last Crusade

Tbh, i dunno why this is in sci-fi and fantasy, this was a documentary!
                        I hope the 4th one is good. It isnt like harrison ford is as young as he used to be. Maybe he can pull a sean connery and bring it out for one last roll aroudn the jungle

Spielberg probly is more turstworth than lucas, but lucas is better, no doubt. I mean, look at what spielberg did... "Jurrassic Park", all possibly 4 of them ? awful films! But then he did do schindelers list, which was good. But geroge lucas masterminded star wars! Whose the other guy ? nobody cares about him!

Comment

Spielberg has had more hits then Lucas. The first two Jurrasic Parks were pretty decent. The new Star Wars movies are also decent, but not awesome.

Comment

Spielberg has been doing one film after another. Lucas took a break of, what, thirty years before going back to films? I would guess Sp would have more success. But if I had to choose between Steven and George, I'd pick the former every time.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                              Spielberg has been doing one film after another. Lucas took a break of, what, thirty years before going back to films?
                              If we're talking about directing, then yeah - he took a pretty long break. In fact, between Star Wars (1977) and Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (1999) he didn't direct at all. He did, however, write and produce stuff.

I would guess Sp would have more success. But if I had to choose between Steven and George, I'd pick the former every time.
                              If we are talking about who should direct Indy 4, then sure it should be Spielberg. I mean, he did do the first three...
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                              X