Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Ronan Do For Teylay What Jonas Did For Teal'c?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Ronan Do For Teylay What Jonas Did For Teal'c?

In S6 of SG-1 many Teal'c fans rejoiced due to the fact that Teal'c was able to step out of his shell and actually have lines because he and Jonas had a more than a few good scenes of Dialouge. I think that the same is going to happen with Ronon and Teyla based upon the scene in Duet between them you know the one where Teyla was doing a split(!!!!!!!!!). I definatly think/hope that Teyla is gonna have more lines this year because of Ronon.

Perfecto!

i dont know ronnon doesnt talk much

Comment

There is a Teyla/Dex Discussion thread under Characters and Relationships - if you want to check that out.

They both have a lot in common and they do seem to keep an "eye" on each other.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Yes..they certainly do FP...*fastens her shipping goggles*
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I think they'll develop a strong friendship, and I hope Teyla gets Dex to open up in future episodes. Stoic tough guys can't stay stoic forever or they become stale and boring. I hope it doesn't escalate to a ship, though. As Jack would say, "It's a bit of a cliché."
          Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
          Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
          Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
          Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Ronan will probably get more talkative as the season goes on. He's only spent about three days talking to actual people since he bacame a runner. I think he needs a little time to adjust.

Comment

I don't know, his general curtness seems to be more for lack of anything important to say than any discomfort at speaking to real, live people again. That scene with Weir in "Duet" is a perfect example: While talking to Dr. Weir, Dex is very blunt and monosyllabic because the extent of what he has to say about Sheppard's offer is that he's thinking about it. When he returns to training the Atlantis personnel, however, he starts barking long orders and instructions comfortably.

Comment

I'm not sure. I'd like to see Teyla as a more likeable character, but I liked Teal'c from the beginning. Ronan seems more like a Teal'c character to me, the "no nonsense warrior" as opposed to Teyla who seems to be more of a leader first and then a warrior.
                Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                  I'm not sure. I'd like to see Teyla as a more likeable character, but I liked Teal'c from the beginning. Ronan seems more like a Teal'c character to me, the "no nonsense warrior" as opposed to Teyla who seems to be more of a leader first and then a warrior.
                  To me, Teyla seems like the Leader and Peacekeeper first then a warrior when necessary. When we first met her and she joined the team, I thought she was sort of like Teal'c in that both are 'aliens' joining the team with some knowledge of the galaxy.
                  Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I think Dex was brought in to boost the character of Teyla
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                      To me, Teyla seems like the Leader and Peacekeeper first then a warrior when necessary. When we first met her and she joined the team, I thought she was sort of like Teal'c in that both are 'aliens' joining the team with some knowledge of the galaxy.
                      I drew more of a comparison between Teyla and Daniel, myself. They're both the diplomats and occasionally the "moral conscience" of the team (see SG-1's "The Other Side" and SGA's "Letters From Pegasus"). They just arrive at their similar designation by different means: Daniel because he's a student of civilization and culture (not to mention more than a little naive at times); Teyla because she's an alien and just knows the customs of the indigenous PG civilizations best.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                        I think Dex was brought in to boost the character of Teyla
                        Ronon came in to replace Teyla!

Seriously, with Ford gone Teyla had to step up to the 2IC position and Dex has become the "alien outsider" of the group. Everyone worried that Ford was being replaced by Dex and instead it was Teyla. IMO this is a good thing. Teyla obviously is trusted by the expedition while still maintain he Athosian-ness.

It does seem that Dex and Teyla have a bit of an understanding going as the 2 aliens, interesting to see if they continue that and open up more around each other- both characters could use that

BTW Agreed Teyla is the conscience of the group but unlike Daniel she came early to the idea of an evil that can't be reasoned with
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Daniel's naive enough to keep trying reason before all else, like someone who'll keep running into a door first instead of just trying the damn doorknob right from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                            Yeah, Daniel's naive enough to keep trying reason before all else, like someone who'll keep running into a door first instead of just trying the damn doorknob right from the start.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha... i like you're analogy.

Perfecto!

Comment

I SO hope not.

Teal'c's sixth season was the one in which he had the least to do. In s1-5 he'd had a couple of episodes that centred around him each season, and in most of the rest he had an equal share of the story to carry with his co-stars. I'm not talking the amount of dialogue, but the extent to which the story depends upon him. In s6 he had only one story to hinself (and that was the one CJ wrote) and after the opener there were no 'team' stories where he had a significant load to carry. He was Jonas's mentor, but the focus was all on Jonas, and when the two of them were doing their stuff it was generally jonas who did most of the doing.

I think Jonas gave TPTB an excuse to let Teal'c be even more underused in the main storylines because of this subplot of Teal'c-Jonas. Hey, we've given him a conversation with Jonas this week, and he's given someone a scary look, that's his bit done for the episode, we'll leave fighting the Replicators/Goa'uld/Invisibles/Hibernians to the other three.

I did like the Teal'c-Jonas scenes. I just feel that Teal'c lost out a lot because of them. I'd like Teyla to get some reasons to be in the stories, not to stand outside the stories giving sage advice to a newcomer who does get to be in the stories. So I really really hope she doesn't get Teal'c's s6 role now.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                              X