This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Windows Movie Maker

I wasn't sure where to put this but since it is related to making stargate vids, I thought I would put it here.

I have a problem with Windows Movie Maker (WMM) for Windows ME. I am hoping that somebody here can help me because the Microsoft help website is useless (IMO).

When I make a movie with the Windows Movie maker that came
    with my window ME, I can't use Windows Media player (WMP).

Here is want happens. I am in WMM and I have just saved it as a
    movie. When it is finished saving it, it will
    ask me if I want to watch it now or later (click on yes or
    no). If I say Yes, it will open WMP for me and start to
    play my video. About 5 seconds into the vid, the video
    will stop but the audio will continue. If I say no and
    exit/close down WMM and then open up WMP to play my vid, it
    will work prefect. I assume that when I say yes to WMM's
    guestion "Do I want to watch it now or later?" and it
    opens up WMP for me, that it should work properly. Any
    ideas on why it doesn't?

Scarym
    sigpic
    Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

I'm assuming u saved it as a .wmv, so it needs to buffer to play the video, since you said 'yes', and windows media player opens by itself on auto, with the video playing right when the player open, i think you have to stop, then play the video, and it should work fine. But i don't know if this is even true, because it matters how fast your processor in your computer and how much memory it has, so it depends.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
      I'm assuming u saved it as a .wmv, so it needs to buffer to play the video, since you said 'yes', and windows media player opens by itself on auto, with the video playing right when the player open, i think you have to stop, then play the video, and it should work fine. But i don't know if this is even true, because it matters how fast your processor in your computer and how much memory it has, so it depends.
      Thanks for the post. : )

I tried what you said and it didn't work.

I have a pentuim 111 processor and 127 mb of RAM. I sort of think the problem might be with my RAM. Some one else suggested I might need more. Well at this time that is SOOOO not an option. Unless I win the lottery or Santa is really good to me, it will be next year before I can afford to upgrade.
      sigpic
      Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

actually, RAM is really cheap nowadays. Just go to like www.pricewatch.com and you should be all set. even for like $50 you can get a good amount of decent RAM
        Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
        X