Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S9:Is Getting technologies still high priority?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S9:Is Getting technologies still high priority?

With the Atlantis team getting things from Pegasus, harddrives full of Ancient database,other Ancient tech items, may be even Wraith tech.

Is Getting technologies still high priority to SGC ?

Spoiler for "The Ties that bind"
    The international committee gave the Atlantis team their full financial backing and consider SGC as supporting role.
    Even with thousand of unexplore gate address ,the chairman of the appropriations committee cut SGC's funding by 70% He believe in building big ships (using technlogies retrieved by SGC in the past 8 yr.)

In the past 8 yr, everybody from the government complains about SGC not getting enough advance technologies.

The technologies F-302, BC 303 and many more were all retrieved by SGC,
    With the Goa'uld defeated (not completely) the main concern for this season seems to be the Jaffa nation, the Lucian Alliance, the Ori and Priors.

But is getting advance still a high priorities?
    I mean SGC can't complete with Atlantis team in getting advance technologies .But the techs from Atlantis is probably too advance and require ATA gene, it takes a while for Earth to adapts it into Earth's defence.

The Lucian alliance probably use Goa'uld tech, the Prior use their staff to do magic trick.I don't think SGC can get much tech from those guy.

But any advance tech retrieve by SGC would probably be easier to reverse engineer and able help the Atlantis team.

well, we haven't seen the team procuring a whole lot of new tech, but with the Ori and all now on our doorstep posing an imminent threat, i would think defense against them would be a priority.

but then again, im sure no one would object to them bringing back some cool alien tech. after all, procuring tech to help defend earth is their standing orders.
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

i think it still should be but the orii cant act in with out getting the anceints attention

Comment

they're getting new tech from atlantis. they got what they want. anything else they find is meh.

Comment

They still need some new weapons for the ships. All the Asgard shields won't work too well if the ordinance gets nowhere near the target. The missiles just aren't going to work, seeing the performance of the Prometheus weapons in Grace and again with the Daedalus in Siege Part 3 justs makes the ships themselves look weak in the long run. Kind of funny how Senator Fisher thinks all that needs to be done to defend Earth is build more ships when the long-range weapons are getting intercepted miles from the enemy. They need to jerry-rig drone weapons on the Daedalus or something.

Slightly off-topic, is my memory blanking or did the Prometheus have a different type of weapon when it took out the Al'kesh in Full Alert? I could have sworn I remember it being different.

Comment

The tech focus has definately shifted to Atlantis
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

At the very least, SG-1 needs to get a hold of one of those prior's staffs!

Comment

and some prior dna of course so they can make me a hok'taur.
                Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

I'm not sure they can find anything to hurt the Ori, although I suppose it's possible that...

*Possible Spoilers*

In Prototype, according to the main site, they find an Anubis clone that was intended by Anubis to ascend and battle the Ancients. What if Earth used something like that, from what they learn of the methods? It would be creating ascended warriors to go do battle with the Ori, head on. Sorry if someone else has suggested this. I haven't had time yet to check through all the threads.

*End spoilers*

But regardless, the SGC has enough to worry about. I don't agree with the whole "Lets build ships to defend the earth!" idea since as others have stated, Daedalus and Prometheus seem to be rather ineffective against alien technology. We need to see some new ships captured and dissected. ^_^
                  "You spent seven years on MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We've got belt buckles, shoe laces, and a piece of gum. Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud! You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmic; now you're Mr. MacUseless. Dear God! Stuck on a glacier with MacGyver!" - Amanda Tapping, Solitudes blooper.

Comment

Working...
                  X